Lincare Holdings

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John P. Byrnes

Pros:
  • "can be a decent entry level position to get some experience before moving on"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees"
    in 26 reviews
  • "in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Why other companies within the industry love to hire Lincare employees? Employee satisfaction can so easily be outdone!

Mobile, AL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsEntry level position into healthcare sales industry. Great training that is very well respected & recognized within the industry.

ConsExtremely high turnover due to company not concerned with employee satisfaction & lowest base salary within industry. Computer system & technology is behind 25+ years which slows productivity & makes everyone's job more cumbersome not too mention the lack of office equipment. There is also a high level of lack of support for each position.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the cares & concerns of your employees- employees will work hard for you when employers work hard for their employees. Also, there is a bitter, unethical sense for placing multiple Lincare owned companies within the same territory then also having the same divisional manager manage them!

Sales Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros*none
*some of the customer service reps and drivers are pleasant to work with

Cons*incompetent managers
*no external e-mail to accounts
*struggle to get reimbursed for treats you bring to medical offices
*minimal gas reimbursement

its all about the people you work with

Loveland, CO

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsAs long as your center has great team work things will be good.

Consconstant changes in requirements with medicare. The sale itself isnt hard its the documentation you need to get that makes it diffficult to get paid

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

JOB SEEKERS BEWARE!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

ProsNone. Your lied to from the moment you accept the position. By the second week your ready to go to lunch and never return.

ConsEmployees are overworked, under paid, and treated like robots, The turnover is so high you rarely get to learn your co-workers name. No training, Long hours, No lunches.The CSR is expected to work while punched out for lunch or work for free. They want you to work Saturdays and Sundays and stay at work until 8 p.m. basically you will have no life. Center Mangers that will do anything and everything to push an Oxygen order. Even during tough economic times I QUIT. First time in my professional career that I quit a company without giving a two week notice. Honestly I’d rather work for Walmart.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean Up!

the worst place to work. ever.

Biller (Former Employee)
Sharon, PA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

ProsI really can't think of any pros about this company

Consoverwhelming amount of work with little to no training. poor supervisors who have no problem telling you either in person or through emails that they have a problem with you. antiquated computer system that wastes so much time and money with the amount of time needed to spend on 1 account. pay compensation very poor for the amount of work.

Advice to Senior Managementactually get out to the centers and rbco's unannounced and see what really goes on. my supervisor actually left the office several times a day sometimes for more than 2 hours at a time. they take break after break all day while the people under them could not.

Company is very cut throat. Make your numbers or your gone by the end of the week kind of management style.

Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent training if you are looking to get your feet wet in Medical Sales

ConsVery low base pay and difficult to get support staff motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Management decisions with Competetive Bidding are going to put us out of business

Employee (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOne of the top 3 Oxygen companies in the country, many locations, great staff.

ConsWrite off too much money to get business, hurts them in the end. No room for advancement, starting pay stinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe competition ran away with CB bids, what were you thinking? No new business for 36 months and a price cut on existing? Seems like we are headed in the wrong direction.

sales rep

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Prosonly pros I have encountered are the relationships I have made with offices and patients

Consterrible service, sales reps get blamed for everything, since I've been there communication has been terrible. Reimbursement takes forever so you end up having to use your own money for inservices and mileage, and salary is a joke!!

Advice to Senior Managementmaybe try encouraging employees rather then talking down to them all the time and maybe have a better system for communication.

Sales Reps

Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

ProsGood flexibility and good chance to work with people.

ConsHorrible starting pay and bad benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and get better employees.

still hanging on hoping for something new

Service Technician (Current Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Prosnot many, just the guys I work with

Consalmost everything. Poor pay, way too many hours, ridiculous demands. Being set up to fail. Lack of equipment. Extremely poor management. Asinine amounts of handwritten paperwork . Antique computer systems from the 80;s In my entire adult working life I have never worked for a place that is so poorly run, they are open by accident.Most important thing next to the almighty O2 set up is the compliance pencil neck police , whose answer to any problem is create another form.

Advice to Senior Managementget your head out of rear end get out and see what everyday work is like in your centers and do some ride along especially on those great 25 stop days, and setting up people in their filth ridden houses

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincare Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lincare Holdings CEO John P. Byrnes. All 163 reviews posted anonymously by Lincare Holdings employees.