Lincare Holdings

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John P. Byrnes

Pros:
  • "can be a decent entry level position to get some experience before moving on"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees"
    in 26 reviews
  • "in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

its all about the people you work with

Loveland, CO

ProsAs long as your center has great team work things will be good.

Consconstant changes in requirements with medicare. The sale itself isnt hard its the documentation you need to get that makes it diffficult to get paid

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

JOB SEEKERS BEWARE!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsNone. Your lied to from the moment you accept the position. By the second week your ready to go to lunch and never return.

ConsEmployees are overworked, under paid, and treated like robots, The turnover is so high you rarely get to learn your co-workers name. No training, Long hours, No lunches.The CSR is expected to work while punched out for lunch or work for free. They want you to work Saturdays and Sundays and stay at work until 8 p.m. basically you will have no life. Center Mangers that will do anything and everything to push an Oxygen order. Even during tough economic times I QUIT. First time in my professional career that I quit a company without giving a two week notice. Honestly I’d rather work for Walmart.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean Up!

the worst place to work. ever.

Biller (Former Employee)
    Sharon, PA

ProsI really can't think of any pros about this company

Consoverwhelming amount of work with little to no training. poor supervisors who have no problem telling you either in person or through emails that they have a problem with you. antiquated computer system that wastes so much time and money with the amount of time needed to spend on 1 account. pay compensation very poor for the amount of work.

Advice to Senior Managementactually get out to the centers and rbco's unannounced and see what really goes on. my supervisor actually left the office several times a day sometimes for more than 2 hours at a time. they take break after break all day while the people under them could not.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is very cut throat. Make your numbers or your gone by the end of the week kind of management style.

Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsExcellent training if you are looking to get your feet wet in Medical Sales

ConsVery low base pay and difficult to get support staff motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Management decisions with Competetive Bidding are going to put us out of business

Employee (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsOne of the top 3 Oxygen companies in the country, many locations, great staff.

ConsWrite off too much money to get business, hurts them in the end. No room for advancement, starting pay stinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe competition ran away with CB bids, what were you thinking? No new business for 36 months and a price cut on existing? Seems like we are headed in the wrong direction.

sales rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

Prosonly pros I have encountered are the relationships I have made with offices and patients

Consterrible service, sales reps get blamed for everything, since I've been there communication has been terrible. Reimbursement takes forever so you end up having to use your own money for inservices and mileage, and salary is a joke!!

Advice to Senior Managementmaybe try encouraging employees rather then talking down to them all the time and maybe have a better system for communication.

Sales Reps

Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood flexibility and good chance to work with people.

ConsHorrible starting pay and bad benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and get better employees.

Not a bad place to work.

ProsThe compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps.

ConsThe drivers have very long hours and are often in a bad mood which can effect your business

still hanging on hoping for something new

Service Technician (Current Employee)
    Fort Wayne, IN

Prosnot many, just the guys I work with

Consalmost everything. Poor pay, way too many hours, ridiculous demands. Being set up to fail. Lack of equipment. Extremely poor management. Asinine amounts of handwritten paperwork . Antique computer systems from the 80;s In my entire adult working life I have never worked for a place that is so poorly run, they are open by accident.Most important thing next to the almighty O2 set up is the compliance pencil neck police , whose answer to any problem is create another form.

Advice to Senior Managementget your head out of rear end get out and see what everyday work is like in your centers and do some ride along especially on those great 25 stop days, and setting up people in their filth ridden houses

Not as bad as everyone seems to think.

Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsI was mostly my own boss. Only spent a few hours in the office, then was on the road seeing patients. Boss generally didn't care what I did as long as patients and accounts were happy and reports were turned in when due. The key is getting in with a good office.

ConsNo real advancement for clinicians. The only real opportunity was Regional Healthcare Specialists, which seemed like a lot of paperwork and reports. Very stingy with equipment. Often had to hustle and "borrow" form other branches.

Many employees claim they don't care about patients, but big business healthcare in general doesn't care about patients. I cared and made sure my patients got what they needed. That's all that mattered. If you weren't able to, you weren't trying hard enough.

The sales people they hire barely function as humans. It was a revolving door. They put them up in St. Louis or Clearwater for 2 weeks and they return just as dumb as before, then quit or get fired 2 months later.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about YOUR bonuses and car allowances and hire competent people. If you pay nothing you are going to get nothing in return.

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincare Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lincare Holdings CEO John P. Byrnes. All 181 reviews posted anonymously by Lincare Holdings employees.