Lincare Holdings Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.1
John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 7 reviews)

• can be a decent entry level position to get some experience before moving on (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Mistreatment by upper management (in 34 reviews)

• Center managers typically have a high school education and completely unprofessional (in 16 reviews)

1. Under Staffed

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Everyone in the office was young and fun. Felt good to help people and assist them. Pay was pretty good too.

Cons

Understaffed, everything was always behind and you could never get caught up. Need more people to help and stop having people wear so many different hats.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to help.

2. Medical Biller

Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, very casual dress code and decent hours.

Cons

Benefits are not cheap (example: $500 ER copay), Overload of work with limited staff. No direction from management and lack of training when you have limited staff. No effective communication and lack of a knowledgeable manager.

Advice to Management

Stop overloading your limited staff with work, hire more people so staff has time to get caught up. Learn to communicate properly for better results.

3. Sales reps

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Its a great start up job into the sales world. Great way to establish relationships with referral sources

Cons

It is very hard to get your commission and they stretch you thin.

5. Senior Medical Sales Representative

Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits after 90 days Nationally recognized Great for beginners Good quality training at first Great for a springboard into another career positon

Cons

Management Training Behind on Technology Poor Culture Poor work/life balance

6. healthcare specialist

Former Employee - Respiratory Care Practitioner in Blue Springs, MO
    Former Employee - Respiratory Care Practitioner in Blue Springs, MO

I worked at Lincare Holdings (More than a year)

Pros

Great homecare experience. You really help patients.

Cons

To much emphasis on sales. In attempts to reach quotas. you feel to much pressure to sale rather then heal.

Advice to Management

specify areas served. Supply company cars for RT,s. Also better security some areas served arent safe for female staff to serve alone. Some rural areas may not get cell phone reception.

7. Center Manager

Former Employee - Center Manager in Milton, WA
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Milton, WA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company truly strives to do best by their customers/patients

Cons

On management level there are times that the end justifies the means as far as reaching quotas.

8. Good entry level medical sales job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Great job security. This job could potentially last as long as people continue smoking. You have your own small territory so you don't need to travel. They provide gas and phone reimbursement. The sales environment is competitive but balanced. No pressure selling or haggling just good ol' boy relationship building. Your commissions are based off insurance reimbursement so your sales pitch is rarely about price or product, just service. Competitors have the same products as you. People absolutely need your equipment so your selling yourself and the company rather than a product. You have to be good at asking for business and being tactful about it. You have to always be available and show up. You must learn to get past the gate keeper. Be prepared to keep a smile on your face while things get rough. They will get tough. Even though it's mainly relationship building, be prepared to sell your little heart out. Don't worry, Lincare has an awesome training program for this. Never a dull moment. Your day will go by so fast the next thing you know your on your coach wondering what the heck just happened. It's not the most glamorous form of medical sales but overall the company is solid and arguably the best in the business. Very few competitors, if any, will do what Lincare is capable of. It a good company with a bright future.

Cons

Pay is unfortunately low. First year you might make 50K. Second year, maybe 60K, etc. Very few make upper 80K and even fewer break 90K. Due to insurance rules, various documents are needed from doctors making before you get paid. It can be very frustrating and taxing and it's probably why a lot of people quit. Lots of paper pushing at times, lots! I hit about 75K my second year and the time and the amount of paperwork I did to get that was crazy. It drove me a bit mad. There are fixes to this problem but you will feel you do way too much work for the pay. Their computer system is based on AS400. Look it up, it's 1980's horrible!!! Unfortunately, you will run into plenty of doctors who hate Lincare. Sometimes your team will suck so bad at service you'll want to crawl up into a ball and cry. You must be an expert in conflict resolution. Why does service suck? Too much work, low paid workers, and not enough people to do it. This is the second reason why people quit. You really have to be good at seeing past this negative stuff to survive. Be prepared to get beat up for awhile. Earn your colors I guess. It's not a bad company once you learn how to handle it.

Advice to Management

Upper management doesn't have any ears listening to the local problems yet they are the ones who call the shots. On a local level I've experienced great leadership but I've seen really bad performers as well. It seems like they hire whoever comes in the door. Pay managers more to get better quality managers. Actually, everyone should get paid more. The pay is just far to low compared to similar jobs in the market. You will always have poor service issues when continue to hire low paid workers. You get what you pay for. Other than that, my local managers created an awesome environment.

9. Customer service

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

8 to 5 mostly. I like to interact with the patience

Cons

No support from upper management. Billing department constantly changing the rules. Understaffed and overworked. Some employees are lazy.

Advice to Management

Fire the lazy and get us some staff to our ofice

10. Accountant

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Managers were all really fair.

Cons

Sometimes was confused by what they wanted

11. Great Job

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

great Benefits and above average pay. great athmosphere

Cons

Have not seen any so far

RSS Feed </> Embed