Lincare Holdings

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • can be a decent entry level position to get some experience before moving on(in 5 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees(in 29 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps(in 20 reviews)

Great company to work for

Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

Prosyou get a set schedule, so no last minute schedule changes (sometimes night shift was bumped to day shift for the holidays but you get plenty of notice ahead of time), pay is great $10/hr plus incentives, my first month on the floor I received 4th tier (the highest), training can be stressful for new timers but my trainer was a lot of fun and I made great friends in my training class, very easy to get orders since the patients already need the items anyways (you do have to reach minimum goals), good benefits, holiday pay, great food in the cafeteria, family environment, company picnics, I was really nervous at first but turns out I am natural on the phones and was very successful. The only reason I left was because I moved and the local center near my new place didn't have any openings. It was a great job.

ConsIncredibly strict on attendance, calling out or leaving early is a write up (you can get up to 6 qrite ups a year before you get fired). management were nice but they tend to make you feel like an idiot for asking questions and can be very sarcastic (I worked here for 4 months so of course I would ask questions).

Advice to Senior Managementteach your managers about positive reinforcement, of course constructive criticism should not be forgot but when an employee is doing well let them know!

Highly motivating environment to work in.

Center Manager (Former Employee) Logan, UT

ProsDME is a stable industry and Lincare is big enough to take cuts and keep on ticking.

ConsYou need to have a good work ethic and willing to put in long hours when needed.

Health Care Specialist

Health Care Specialist-LPN (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsAbility to make your own schedule within the work day.

ConsTypically centers are short staffed. Too much repeating of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay increases for service reps & CSR's.Cleaner work environments.Better benefits,incl FSA's

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place to work

ProsGreat teamwork, able to create your own daily tasks and work independently, great management

ConsPay could be higher....not too bad, but it could be better.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good career site for pharmacists

Pharmacist (Former Employee)

ProsGreat growth of business as a whole

ConsNot enough promotional opportunities for all employees

Lincare, the caring choice in Respiratory Durable Medical Equipment.

Center Manager (Current Employee)

ProsStable company, team atmosphere, uncapped commission for sales reps, excellent training programs, room for promotions, rewarding job helping people, respiratory services Lincare offers are always in demand, you serve as a resource in the community for respiratory needs, and Lincare is a great company to work for.

ConsCompetitive industry and they are not contracted with HMO insurances.

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company, biggest of its kind in the world

ConsNo room for advancement into upper levels of management

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire already

good

Medical Deliverey Driver (Former Employee) Cooperstown, NY

ProsThis was a good place to work because of flexibility. I enjoyed working here because of the flexibility and the hours were good

Conson call on the week ends. every other. This was one of a few cons for working here.

Don't see what the complaints are about, but depeneds on your center

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsChosen overtime, busy, easy-going, great pay for the experienced

Conslack of HARD workers, some people throw you under the bus to get somewhere, lack of communication but what job has everything? I guess I have worked crappier companies like WELLPOINT for many years and just love this job too much compared. I wouldn't give it up for nothing and I work in one of the busier centers. To the complainers, I am sure there is someone who is on unemployment who would love your job right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to everyone and not just your favorites. The seniors are not always right and typically not up to date.

Overall, not a bad place to work

Lincare Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsAs a sales rep, if you hit your targets, you have a lot of autonomy. You also get a pretty good marketing budget. I think the commissions are pretty good.

ConsCustomer service staff can be less than stellar, making it hard for your to follow up on what you promise to MD offices. Marketing dept materials are pretty lame.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to promote/ retain good salespeople. I was very successful, but didn't want a Center Mgr or Area Mgr position, so they really had nothing else to offer me other than status quo.

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!