Lincare Holdings Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.1
John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 7 reviews)

• can be a decent entry level position to get some experience before moving on (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Mistreatment by upper management (in 34 reviews)

• Center managers typically have a high school education and completely unprofessional (in 16 reviews)

I hope my location is the only one like this...

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

One of the best reasons for working at Lincare is that there are locations throughout the United States, and i feel assured that many, many people are in a positive location, enjoying the environment and benefits of working for Lincare, the way a Lincare should be. Another is that as long as the locations do good work, the Lincare jobs will usually be recession-proof.

Cons

The downsides are many at my location. However, i want to stress that i am aware of other Lincare locations having success with a modern, positive environment. You must understand that in the year 2008 I was not expecting to see a work place that does not frown on yelling and cussing in the open, or speaking loud vulgarities in front of females, or using the N word. Of course, i'm not even mentioning the complete lack of diligence for Corporate compliance or OSHA-type items. Can you believe that on my first day i was told 3 N jokes! I honestly believe that the Manager told the employee to do it so they could check me out. You know, to see if i was a team player.

Advice to Management

Develop a truly anonymous survey for employees, so that you can sort through all the various opinions, and form a more objective, real conclusion. Employees facing retaliation, or hostility, or alienation will not sit at the terminal IN THE WORK AREA and complete a compliance form while employees/manager are walking behind them.

Just say no to Lincare

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

The best thing about Lincare is the flexibility if you need time off (this may be just my location)

Cons

The pressure to do more and the stress of everything being about the "numbers". If you don't have what they consider a great net number of oxygen setups you have not done your job. The pay for mileage is horrible and it takes forever to get your mileage check.

Advice to Management

Consider that numbers don't tell the whole story on job performance. Talk to your employees and see how they really feel about the company and benefits. Have the managers tell the employees that they apprieciate them instead of telling them they are replacable.

3. Not that good.

Former Employee - Service Technician
    Former Employee - Service Technician

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Pay was Descent, Never a problem getting time off or vacation time. Had a company van to run errands in.

Cons

Long hours, stupid patients, no praise for doing a good job, management didn't know what they were doing, rewarded bad employees. had to put up with silly on-call hours

Advice to Management

reward employees who do a good job, pay more fro being on-call get rid of lazy employees who don't do there job so it won't bring good employees down

5. Worst Place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

The only good thing about working at Lincare is that it will open doors to better opportunities after a year. And you will learn to sell being that no one can survive off of that salary.

Cons

Pay is ridiculous! No appreciation. No matter how much you sell it is never good enough. You will become a delivery person trying to get CMN's corrected. Center manager is a joke, completely uneducated, can barely read a paragraph out loud, and favors male employees over females. Senior management is horrible also, everyone under them is just used as a pawn since we are the ones bringing in all the business and actually working. Won achievement and never got promised trip. Micromanaged like you are a 5 year old.

Advice to Management

You should require some kind of degree for management, they should manage employees by knowledge and not emotion and anger from their high horse.

6. Never worked for a company like this before.....

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

I do really enjoy that we get to help people. We do our best to help them improve their quality of life.

Cons

I have been with the company for 20 months and I have seen 22 employees come and go. I am on my 3rd manager. I have been denied vacation numerous times because numbers were not were thet should be. I was even told to come back to work after I had went to see a doctor, I was advised by my doctor to go home and was given a note to excuse me for the rest of the day and when I told my manager he said that I had to come back to work. I has been asked to find a family member or family friend to stay with my kids if they are ill. The area manager is very harsh and has no problems with telling you that you're replaceable. Until recently I was not getting lunches but was required to clock out for a hour a day. Never get the so called 15 min break.

Advice to Management

My advice.... question why there is so much turn over. Give out some positive feedback rather than always pointing out the bad.

Worst place ever to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Besides the company being flexible with time off requests. There was nothing good about working for this employer.

Cons

There is 40+ individuals at Lincare, with a majority of women and only 3 men. There is a lot of jealousy and bitterness. The women are mean and nasty including management; working at Lincare is like going back to high school and being teased or bullied. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. (Well at least not in Amherst, NY) This place is similar to a horror story.

Advice to Management

Please work on diversifying your organization and please bring aboard more respectable staff members and management, that believe in integrity.

8. Inconsistent feedback and disorganized management structure.

Former Employee - Clinical Specialist in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Clinical Specialist in Stratford, CT

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

They offered decent health benefits.

Cons

There is a very disorganized business structure. Employees are expected to give a tremendous amount of personal time in exchange for relatively low compensation.

Horrible place to work if you like being treated fair,and being paid for the sales you make.

Former Employee - Lincare Sales Representative in Clinton, MO
    Former Employee - Lincare Sales Representative in Clinton, MO

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Flexible manager at the center I was at. Work on your own with no manager looking over your shoulder all the time.

Cons

Lincare will not pay you for all of your sales, or will actually award your sale to another rep at times, because of the location where your doctor wrote the script. Bad CSR= no money for you!!!!, Middle management had no backbone, and would not stand up for you, or help with any problems or issues that needed addressed. Females seemed to run the show, and preferred to promote, and award other females. Really a screwed up place overall.

Advice to Management

Gice up, sell the company to Apria, and find a job working at Walmart.

Worst job i have ever had!!!

Current Employee - Medical Deliverey Driver in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Deliverey Driver in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Ton's of over-time. Clean work area, most of the time!

Cons

If you want any sort of home life it will never happen. Management is horrible! Organization is horrible!

Advice to Management

Stop trying to run as a "family" type of company it will NEVER work!

It is horrible place to work based on if people "like you enough" to promote you

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

The pay is sufficent for a single person not to raise a family on.

Cons

to many cheifs not enough indians favoritism prejudices gossip lies, lies, lies

Advice to Management

get it together and make realistic goals

RSS Feed </> Embed