Lincare Holdings

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
2.0

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 6 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees (in 30 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative, Promoter to Center Manager  in  Silverton, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative, Promoter to Center Manager in Silverton, OR

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Customers and referrals, that's about it

Cons

Management is corrupt, rigid and inflexible. Dan Vasilj has no clue what true leadership is. Leadership is action not a position! The company makes center level decisions based on numbers from a spread sheet. they have no clue what it is to work at the center level and make it work. I would LOVE to see Dan or Greg work a center for 3 months, short handed. (most Lincare centers operate short handed) Lincare takes advantages of their good employees. Over time in many cases was not an option, that adds up to a significant chunk of your life being taken away. Lincare makes for a pretty unhappy work situation, which in turn can make the rest of your life pretty miserable as well. lincare says they are the caring choice... BULLSNOT! The only thing lincare cares about is that almighty dollar. We never had the proper equipment for our patients, at one time we were not even allowed to order tanks for our growing client base. There was very little, if any support from management, there was never any positive feedback, communication was non existent ( unless they thought you screwed up), employees overall were unhappy, and miserable to say the least. Decisions are made at the highest level possible Regardless of what it is, you have to check with your boss before doing it.He or She also has to check with there bosses. In the dysfunctional world of Lincare you may have responsibility, but the authority lives in a office in Spokane Washington, you might be " labeled" a center manager but really your just a glorified CSR who gets paid just a little bit more. In reality it's not worth it, your health and family are more important. lincare will continue to lose talented employees...

Invest time in your center... See what it's really like running an office in 2014. Address your integrity, and values...

Getting Worse To Work For

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Chances for advancement, Solid company financially.

Cons

As an employee, you are a number. They DO NOT have patients in their best interest. Their best interest is in who they can buy next and rip all their employees and patients off to make it happen.

Wake up! This company does not care about their employees at all.

Poor training

Former Employee - Service Representative  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a Service Rep enjoyed helping people and it was nice not being confined to one place

Cons

Basically no training, Company would not spend any money on safety

Give Service reps some training. Invest in safety equipment

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my coworkers, the area feels like a huge family, and great customers. The pay for an entry level position isn't bad as well

Cons

No growth within the company, the raises are okay but could be better, and management could be better as well,

Focus!!!!!

ADHD "focus" without meds.

Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist
    Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's nice to be able to take care of patients. Setting my own schedule is a bonus, but that varies from center to center. It depends on how much the manager and csrs think they can count on you to do it yourself. I'm not new at this so someone else managing my schedule is not what I'm looking for. If you have a good center staff and area manager, it can be fun.

Cons

Expectations are ridiculous. The focus changes sometimes within a month. You can count on it changing at least monthly. Assessments are supposed to be a priority, but then an "emergency" cpap order will come in and override that. The amount of work that is expected of the HCS (and all positions, really) is unreasonable. In order to see the number of patients required for assessments and setups, all the follow ups, ordering, cleaning equipment, working reports, and being present for conference calls there would always need to be two HCSs per center. That is not the case. Most centers have one. Even in centers with more than one HCS, there's usually enough work for an additional person. No consideration is given to the personal life of HCSs and STs. Everyone else goes home at a decent time, but quitting time for HCSs and STs doesn't exist. Minimal inventory is allowed and the ordering process is cumbersome. Some equipment goes through two approvals before reaching purchasing and it may be rejected at any point. Bonuses are mythical. Thresholds will be set, only to be changed once the center is close or has met them. Mileage reimbursement is helpful but sorely lacking. Being able to answer a phone and use a computer are about all the skills needed for CSRs. Being able to communicate well verbally and in writing are not strong skills I've observed and it's hard to bite my tongue and not make corrections on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. There is no real training for new managers but rather a sink or swim mentality. Center operations only matter to upper management when they don't meet the requirements for O2 setups. As long as you meet the numbers, nobody cares what you do or how you do it.

Care about your center staff. Create upward mobility opportunities. Implement true training program for CSRs and CMs.

Not worried about the smaller workers that keep their money flow high.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, overtime available, transferring is possible, a few good people, ability to advance higher. Wide range of learning information ability.

Cons

No back up support, doesn't care about families, not worried about desires to get your college degree. Doesn't like you to use your sick time, even though you can prove it is a serious situation

Consider whom you place in your center manager position

Professional Interviews But...

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did three interviews with them and each one was very professionally conducted.. It was only after accepting the job that you get treated like a puppy who peed on the rug. The benefits are above average, and on the surface it sounds like you're serving the public in a good way. Then you discover drivers who aren't able to complete their routes and the customer calls you back upset.

Cons

Lincare has the strangest techniques for discussions with employees. The pay is extremely low considering your job duties. I also witnessed management make fun of someone with a disability and harass them about it.

Take some empathy classes!

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, biggest of its kind in the world

Cons

No room for advancement into upper levels of management

Retire already

Learn from it and leave

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

If you can do this job- you can do any job.

Cons

Moving targets to be able to hit bonus, no positive encouragement, travel, MICRO MANAGING

If one is doing well-tell them. Telling them they aren't going to bonus if they don't do this or don't do this is not fair.

semi

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The customers that I built relationships with.

Cons

Work within your own space.

You can only become better, when you KNOW better.

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!