Lincare Holdings

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
1.9

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 6 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees (in 34 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

A rewarding personal / customer service experience.

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

work is autonomous, create your route schedules, schedule your own vehicle services as needed, helping with your work schedule.

Cons

bonus levels are virtually unattainable, lower management is lacking, upper management "hears" nothing at the Center level. No feedback on upward mobility when requested - no chances to accel. Very poor Customer Service when listening to area clients and doing other routes and stops.

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Service Representative in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Centennial, CO

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a job so that I could pay bills

Cons

Asked to do illegal tasks on a regular basis; could only complete job within a 12 hour day by doing things illegally; management would throw under a bus if it could;

Hire more employees so the Service Reps don't get burnt out. Pay for all hours worked. Reimburse Expenses.

Shameless Company

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

No checks bounced. I added these words after "bounced" to meet the five word minimum.

Cons

100 percent profit motivated. Patient care and employee concerns are ALMOST non-existent. Good people at centers. Managers outside of the centers are ruthless and I mean ruthless.

Myself and others have tried, to make you change in every way ,up to and including resignation. Nothing will help.

Not a career move

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

You get to learn about insurances with regard to how they work and what services and equipment they cover. Also, you quickly learn the difference between good and bad health insurance as some cannot be accepted for our business. Also for future knowledge you learn that all these companies really want is your money so be sure you actually need the medication.

Cons

One major point I feel is unfair is that only the drivers get random drug test which I have yet to experience but still the fact of working with people who could be under the influence of something that could make me lose my job is just not right. You are not appreciated for your work your expected to do it no matter how above and beyone you go it just becomes an expected performance of you.

Conduct better training on how each employee can sympathize with others in the office with all the hard work they do and the stress they take on a daily basis. Also, teach all employees especially drivers how to deal with the passing of a patient as it pertains to family members who we have to see to pick up our equipment.

RUN RUN RUN

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the pay and all the overtime you want

Cons

work never ends, management is horrible, a few hours of training and you are left to defend for yourself, micro-manage, rule are make up on a day to day bases, asking for help forget about it.

not to have favoritism because you like them, learn the job that you hire people for, and take a management class to help with those who have never managed anything in their entire life.

Center manager

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Weekly paycheck that you can out on. There are some good people that work at this company. Good life insurance policy.

Cons

Upper management is terrible and they expect way too much from one person. No one stays at this company, unless they are upper management. Center runs with bare minimum staff. Bonus pay is always not given for any excuse they can find. The numbers are manipulated, so you can't get bonus. Do not work for this company unless you are wanting a stepping stone to another company. There is no training for managers. You are thrown in there and expected to figure it out on your own.

Care about what your enters have to say and the issues they are having. Spend some time in the centers and actually listen to the staff. Value your employees. Knowledge is valuable. Training a new person is expensive. Make this a positive place to work. Reward staff when they work hard.

Driver/service rep

Former Employee - Service Representative
    Former Employee - Service Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you deliver to

Cons

Poor Management and not enough pay raises. No advancement opportunity at all.

Point Person

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Gaining knowlege about durable medical equipment and its uses.

Cons

Training is not sufficient. Bonus Structure is set out of range.

No comment.

If someone can do your job for less you might as well kiss your job goodbye.

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Autonomy
    Not many on call patients

Cons

Pay is much less than competition
    Too much favoritism
    No sense of job security
    Some practices made me worry that my RT license was being compromised.
    Unethical practices

Pay attention to the laws and an employees true value not just how you can bring in or save the most money.

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

My father was taken care of this company in another state and the service was top notched..

Cons

Low pay and staff turn over makes hard to win doctors and hospitals back when they had problems.

Pay people a wage that they can live on. You spend so much time and money on fantastic training...you should want to keep these people.