Lincare Holdings Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

HCS

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with ad a team.

Cons

Never get your expense checks till almost a month after turning in expense report so you pay for your gas and travel accommodations out of pocket hoping you will get paid back soon. Over worked with little pay.

Advice to Management

Hire more help.

Absolutely beyond 100% completely miserable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not too much to say on this topic, however, I suppose AT TIMES, you're able to be flexible with scheduling. The

Cons

EVERYTHING. Employees treated as minions. Hostile and work environment with hostile people whom have worked together for 30+ years. They are warped into their own ways and no chance for anyone new to thrive.

Advice to Management

Get all new upper management. As a new person coming in to do a job, you lose respect for the "boss" if he cannot perform the job even up to the worst standards.

Don't look for a career here.

Former Employee - Service Technician in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Every 2 years or so you get a new manager.

Cons

If you decide to transfer you do NOT get to keep your pay. When you transfer, even to the nearest center, you loose the pay you have and start over a the bottom. The bottom pay scale is specific to that particular center. The fact that you are in the same region makes no difference. IE: Current pay is over 16 an hour. Transfer and you are offered 12.25. Even with the knowledge and skills of a senior service technician.

Advice to Management

Advice does not matter due to fact management is a temporary position.

CSR

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Decent pay, potential for overtime

Cons

Every center I know has employees looking to leave because of the crushing amount of work. Medicare competitive bid has quadrupled the amount of patients and no new staff has been hired to compensate

Advice to Management

Push for your district managers to allow more poitions in the center, and do not fuss at your employees for getting excessive overtime because they have to so they can keep up with the workload

Not A Quality Company

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to assist and care for patients.

Cons

Ask yourself why the ratings are so low? I used to think that the only people that wrote on this site were disgruntled employees. 20 years of experience has proven to me that this is one of the most poorly run companies I have ever been associated with. For the people that state this is a good company to work for has never worked for a company that cares for their employees. The pay is poor, the transparency of bonuses is a farce, and their training is subpar at best. The software is outdated, the centers are not fully staffed, and they provide the bare minimum in regards to computers and supplies. The sales position may be a great entry level job but I would not recommend this position to a tenured sales professional. The area manager decides raises without any input from center managers. Considering they have multiple centers to manage, they don't get a true feel for each employee so how can they truly evaluate their employees. Its stated that employees are your most valuable asset. If this is the case, then you have to ask yourself why the turnover rate is so high? They value the bottom line more than their employees which is unfortunate because they have good people that work at the different centers.

Advice to Management

I would provide input but they really don't accept advice. Even when it's sound advice.

7. Driver/Service rep

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Full-time, a lot of hrs

Cons

Not a family friendly company

Advice to Management

Less corporate

Good job could be better.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly staff, great team work, plenty of overtime, job security

Cons

Slow computers, always short on equipment, under paid over worked, extremely high stress level.

Advice to Management

Reward the staff more. Acknowledge what everyone is doing. If goals are met don't dismiss them. Keep in mind that its the people that work at the cwnter level can make or break the location.

DON

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at Lincare Holdings (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well known company is the only pro

Cons

One of the worst companies out there to work for. Seriously, unless you are desperate and need a quick job (believe me - there are a lot of openings constantly) DON'T EVEN APPLY. One of the most poorly managed companies out there. Compensation is poor - management is very poor - and there training is one of the worst. Wasted 3 years of my life for a company that does not care about their employees

Advice to Management

They didn't listen when I worked there - why on earth would they listen now? Wasted 3 years of my life for a company that clearly does not care about their employees

Start but not a good finish

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

The work place is very friendly and you like coming into the office.

Cons

There is no structure to training. You sit around and you do not know where you strand in your training. It is very hard to start making commission because they don't tell you were to go. (hospitals are split up between two sales reps.

Advice to Management

Have a structured training system for employees when they first start out.

Great training. Poorly managed company.

Current Employee - Lincare Sales Representative in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Lincare Sales Representative in Salisbury, MD

Pros

Training requires travel and is extensive. Great entry level job for medical sales.

Cons

Too many to list them all. Do not take a position unless there are no other options. Support staff is over worked and underpaid, under trained and has a high turnover.

Advice to Management

Work to retain good employees and weed out those who choose not to contribute.

RSS Feed </> Embed