Lincare Holdings Reviews

Professional Interviews But...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did three interviews with them and each one was very professionally conducted.. It was only after accepting the job that you get treated like a puppy who peed on the rug. The benefits are above average, and on the surface it sounds like you're serving the public in a good way. Then you discover drivers who aren't able to complete their routes and the customer calls you back upset.

Cons

Lincare has the strangest techniques for discussions with employees. The pay is extremely low considering your job duties. I also witnessed management make fun of someone with a disability and harass them about it.

Advice to Management

Take some empathy classes!

Horrible boss!!!

Former Employee - Service Technician in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with elderly customers. most are the nicest people in the world. most of the people in the office are very competent and great to work with.

Cons

I was a service rep For the last year at the Hagerstown MD office after working at a printing company for 24 years. thought it would be a nice change .MISTAKE! 80+ hour weeks on call, no consideration for the safety of drivers. profit trumps everything. including common sense. A center manager that comes in late a lot ,even late for her own meeting .Spends her day playing on her phone, painting her fingernails, go's out during day to get hair done and for tanning, and tells us its none of our business, leaves before anyone else .After a year I still don't know what she does. Got fired last week for shouting at her, sorry it ended that way . but not sorry I don't work there anymore, relief.

Advice to Management

Start reading your own reviews. get your head out of the sand, people aren't happy. I'm the 7th or 8th driver in my slot in the last three or four years . And come out your offices and see what your managers are doing while their employees are busting their butts. Also I was a LOX driver ,one customers delivery is up 3 flights of stairs, these tanks weigh 140lbs this needs to stop ! It's to hard on the drivers.

Limited chances for advancement and very low pay.

Former Employee - Pac in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Pac in Casper, WY

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistency as there is plenty of work and steady work. Their schedules are set, which can be nice.

Cons

The pay was very low compared to national and regional averages. Hard company to receive raises at and even then they were marginal.

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Service Representative in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Centennial, CO

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job so that I could pay bills

Cons

Asked to do illegal tasks on a regular basis; could only complete job within a 12 hour day by doing things illegally; management would throw under a bus if it could;

Advice to Management

Hire more employees so the Service Reps don't get burnt out. Pay for all hours worked. Reimburse Expenses.

Shameless Company

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

No checks bounced. I added these words after "bounced" to meet the five word minimum.

Cons

100 percent profit motivated. Patient care and employee concerns are ALMOST non-existent. Good people at centers. Managers outside of the centers are ruthless and I mean ruthless.

Advice to Management

Myself and others have tried, to make you change in every way ,up to and including resignation. Nothing will help.

RUN RUN RUN

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the pay and all the overtime you want

Cons

work never ends, management is horrible, a few hours of training and you are left to defend for yourself, micro-manage, rule are make up on a day to day bases, asking for help forget about it.

Advice to Management

not to have favoritism because you like them, learn the job that you hire people for, and take a management class to help with those who have never managed anything in their entire life.

Center manager

Pros

Weekly paycheck that you can out on. There are some good people that work at this company. Good life insurance policy.

Cons

Upper management is terrible and they expect way too much from one person. No one stays at this company, unless they are upper management. Center runs with bare minimum staff. Bonus pay is always not given for any excuse they can find. The numbers are manipulated, so you can't get bonus. Do not work for this company unless you are wanting a stepping stone to another company. There is no training for managers. You are thrown in there and expected to figure it out on your own.

Advice to Management

Care about what your enters have to say and the issues they are having. Spend some time in the centers and actually listen to the staff. Value your employees. Knowledge is valuable. Training a new person is expensive. Make this a positive place to work. Reward staff when they work hard.

Driver/service rep

Former Employee - Service Representative
    Former Employee - Service Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you deliver to

Cons

Poor Management and not enough pay raises. No advancement opportunity at all.

If someone can do your job for less you might as well kiss your job goodbye.

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy Not many on call patients

Cons

Pay is much less than competition Too much favoritism No sense of job security Some practices made me worry that my RT license was being compromised. Unethical practices

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the laws and an employees true value not just how you can bring in or save the most money.

11. Horrible experience with Management

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did not experience very many pros

Cons

No support from management, the training is a bunch of 1970's video tapes and systems are from the dark ages

RSS Feed </> Embed