Lincare Holdings

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
2.0

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 7 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees (in 34 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Job satisfaction relies heavily on who you have as managers

Former Employee - Lincare Sales Representative in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Lincare Sales Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

excellent training, encouraged to work independently, part of a team

Cons

treat sales force w/disdain, create multiple hurdles to get commissions.

seek insights from the sales force on the street before making knee-jerk decisions

Horrible corporate office! Zero respect

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Absolutely nothing except for the coworkers who are all fed up with the same stuff, there is nothing to do but ban together.

Cons

Culture and tone at the top is disgraceful! This company has a long way to go if they want to keep good talented employees! Respect is non existent from supervisors/management. No communication within or between departments. Salary employees treated like hourly(more like kindergarteners). You have to swipe in and out of the building and they are always monitoring when you come and go so they can use it against you not to give you the raise you deserve. Quoted from my supervisor "they[VP,Directors,management] are always watching you". Management is spineless, passive aggressive, two faced, unqualified and ignorant. No one in there right mind would stay there and that's why they're going to keep seeing people quit! The work was easy, and that made it boring. No room to advance, all staff employees. They don't want to have to pay you more money! Please do yourself a favor and don't work here, the market is hot right now. Do your research and find a company that values their employees, and rewards hard work and treats you like a professional.HR is clueless or they have a clue and don't care, which is even worse. It is like the wild wild west, I don't see the point in HR when management does, says and acts however they want.

It's not ok to take advantage of people. Grow a pair, don't get other people to do your dirty work for you and hide in your office!

Valuable experience, terrible company

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Employees master the art of stress management. After the experience working for Lincare, you are given the tools to handle working anywhere.

Cons

Mistreatment by upper management. High turn over, terrible company to work for.

Stop putting under qualified, uneducated people in area management roles.

Review from (5 + years) Employee

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Do your research before accepting a position with this company.

Cons

Training and tools to be successful in hired positions are lacking. There is a high turn over of employees. Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees. An unreasonable amount of responsibilities are placed on limited staff. Low wages and pay.

Extremely Disappointing

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

I enjoyed working with a couple people in my immediate area.

Cons

Promotions are issued based on friendships only, not skill or hard work. Upper management is lacking formal education. Horrible management of product availability.

Listen to your employees on the front line. I read many reviews and decided to take a chance with Lincare. It was nothing short of a complete waste of a year of my life.

Good industry, archaic & narrow-minded upper management

Former Employee - Sales Representative in California City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in California City, CA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good industry & very good level of patient focus & care

Cons

Lincare upper management consider employees very disposable....very high turn-over of employees at Lincare. Employees are overworked and underpaid and have to work with archaic computer systems. Lots more cons

Take off your blinders and put energy towards employee retention-would be good for bottom line.

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is good with their patients.

Cons

Very stressful, management is quick to get rid of someone they do not like or is not the right "fit"

Invest in Sales Representatives and Center Managers

Do NOT apply

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Receipt of paycheck on payday.

Cons

Leaders are friends and unrealistic

Replace Akron OH RBCO management

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Outbound Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Outbound Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you get a set schedule, so no last minute schedule changes (sometimes night shift was bumped to day shift for the holidays but you get plenty of notice ahead of time), pay is great $10/hr plus incentives, my first month on the floor I received 4th tier (the highest), training can be stressful for new timers but my trainer was a lot of fun and I made great friends in my training class, very easy to get orders since the patients already need the items anyways (you do have to reach minimum goals), good benefits, holiday pay, great food in the cafeteria, family environment, company picnics, I was really nervous at first but turns out I am natural on the phones and was very successful. The only reason I left was because I moved and the local center near my new place didn't have any openings. It was a great job.

Cons

Incredibly strict on attendance, calling out or leaving early is a write up (you can get up to 6 qrite ups a year before you get fired). management were nice but they tend to make you feel like an idiot for asking questions and can be very sarcastic (I worked here for 4 months so of course I would ask questions).

teach your managers about positive reinforcement, of course constructive criticism should not be forgot but when an employee is doing well let them know!

A Place to make a few dollars.

I have been working at Lincare Holdings (less than an year)

Pros

If you like overtime, it is offered often and sometimes made mandatory without warning. CS center has a high turnover rate!

Cons

Little to no room for advancement from this position, company does not provide raises after extensive training, no raises after 6 months, or even after a year. The company has a broad base for hiring, so you will work with a wide range of personalities and some are very difficult to deal with.

I believe that employees should be valued, especially when 4-6 months of training is involved. Small raises would make a big difference in the ability to retain employees, especially if you can not provide acknowledgement for a job well done. It might even help if the start up salary was $1.00 more for new hires.