Lincare Holdings Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
252 reviews filtered by

1. ADHD "focus" without meds.

Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist
    Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's nice to be able to take care of patients. Setting my own schedule is a bonus, but that varies from center to center. It depends on how much the manager and csrs think they can count on you to do it yourself. I'm not new at this so someone else managing my schedule is not what I'm looking for. If you have a good center staff and area manager, it can be fun.

Cons

Expectations are ridiculous. The focus changes sometimes within a month. You can count on it changing at least monthly. Assessments are supposed to be a priority, but then an "emergency" cpap order will come in and override that. The amount of work that is expected of the HCS (and all positions, really) is unreasonable. In order to see the number of patients required for assessments and setups, all the follow ups, ordering, cleaning equipment, working reports, and being present for conference calls there would always need to be two HCSs per center. That is not the case. Most centers have one. Even in centers with more than one HCS, there's usually enough work for an additional person. No consideration is given to the personal life of HCSs and STs. Everyone else goes home at a decent time, but quitting time for HCSs and STs doesn't exist. Minimal inventory is allowed and the ordering process is cumbersome. Some equipment goes through two approvals before reaching purchasing and it may be rejected at any point. Bonuses are mythical. Thresholds will be set, only to be changed once the center is close or has met them. Mileage reimbursement is helpful but sorely lacking. Being able to answer a phone and use a computer are about all the skills needed for CSRs. Being able to communicate well verbally and in writing are not strong skills I've observed and it's hard to bite my tongue and not make corrections on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. There is no real training for new managers but rather a sink or swim mentality. Center operations only matter to upper management when they don't meet the requirements for O2 setups. As long as you meet the numbers, nobody cares what you do or how you do it.

Advice to Management

Care about your center staff. Create upward mobility opportunities. Implement true training program for CSRs and CMs.

Poor training

Former Employee - Service Representative in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a Service Rep enjoyed helping people and it was nice not being confined to one place

Cons

Basically no training, Company would not spend any money on safety

Advice to Management

Give Service reps some training. Invest in safety equipment

3. Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love my coworkers, the area feels like a huge family, and great customers. The pay for an entry level position isn't bad as well

Cons

No growth within the company, the raises are okay but could be better, and management could be better as well,

Advice to Management

Focus!!!!!

Not worried about the smaller workers that keep their money flow high.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, overtime available, transferring is possible, a few good people, ability to advance higher. Wide range of learning information ability.

Cons

No back up support, doesn't care about families, not worried about desires to get your college degree. Doesn't like you to use your sick time, even though you can prove it is a serious situation

Advice to Management

Consider whom you place in your center manager position

Horrible boss!!!

Former Employee - Service Technician in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with elderly customers. most are the nicest people in the world. most of the people in the office are very competent and great to work with.

Cons

I was a service rep For the last year at the Hagerstown MD office after working at a printing company for 24 years. thought it would be a nice change .MISTAKE! 80+ hour weeks on call, no consideration for the safety of drivers. profit trumps everything. including common sense. A center manager that comes in late a lot ,even late for her own meeting .Spends her day playing on her phone, painting her fingernails, go's out during day to get hair done and for tanning, and tells us its none of our business, leaves before anyone else .After a year I still don't know what she does. Got fired last week for shouting at her, sorry it ended that way . but not sorry I don't work there anymore, relief.

Advice to Management

Start reading your own reviews. get your head out of the sand, people aren't happy. I'm the 7th or 8th driver in my slot in the last three or four years . And come out your offices and see what your managers are doing while their employees are busting their butts. Also I was a LOX driver ,one customers delivery is up 3 flights of stairs, these tanks weigh 140lbs this needs to stop ! It's to hard on the drivers.

7. Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, biggest of its kind in the world

Cons

No room for advancement into upper levels of management

Advice to Management

Retire already

Limited chances for advancement and very low pay.

Former Employee - Pac in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Pac in Casper, WY

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Consistency as there is plenty of work and steady work. Their schedules are set, which can be nice.

Cons

The pay was very low compared to national and regional averages. Hard company to receive raises at and even then they were marginal.

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Service Representative in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Centennial, CO

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a job so that I could pay bills

Cons

Asked to do illegal tasks on a regular basis; could only complete job within a 12 hour day by doing things illegally; management would throw under a bus if it could;

Advice to Management

Hire more employees so the Service Reps don't get burnt out. Pay for all hours worked. Reimburse Expenses.

Learn from it and leave

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

If you can do this job- you can do any job.

Cons

Moving targets to be able to hit bonus, no positive encouragement, travel, MICRO MANAGING

Advice to Management

If one is doing well-tell them. Telling them they aren't going to bonus if they don't do this or don't do this is not fair.

Overworked and unappreciated

Former Employee - Center Manager
    Former Employee - Center Manager

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with patients is rewarding, but there is no life balance with this company. You will work 24/7 even on vacation and your cell phone will go off at all hours.

Cons

Not enough training for all staff.

Advice to Management

TRAIN