Lincoln College of Technology

Updated November 12, 2014
2.2

CEO

Rewarding place to work.

I have been working at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Lincoln over 20 years. In that time it has grown from a small privately held company to a publicly traded corporation. The most rewarding part of the job is helping students achieve their goals and graduate to become productive members of society. The job can be challenging balancing the needs of education with the needs of the shareholders but it is always rewarding. The company has always been supportive of my assessment of the students needs when it comes to equipment and tools. Paid time off and vacation time is equal or better than other companies.

Cons

I think workers would support less salary increases for more affordable benefits.

Review health care benefits.

Racist organization in Columbia,Md.

Former Employee - Instructor in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Instructor in Columbia, MD

I worked at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helpings students to change their lives.

Cons

Equipment sucks! Students paying over $25,000 to be trained on ancient antique equipment! A lot of caring quality employees have been forced out! SAVE YOUR MONEY STUDENTS! Many double standards! One for whites another for blacks, Asians, Hispanics and WOMEN! The Dean sucks! The President sucks! If you are considering being employed you better do your research first!

Stop treating employees like slaves! Plenty dedicated caring employees are still being let go! And its the students who suffer. The school needs a new Dean and a new President! Both are a waste! President was fired from past jobs! Claims he was a BIG TIME hockey player! Do your research.

Education Coordinator - Former Employee

Current Employee - Education Coordinator in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Education Coordinator in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Short term work experience
    There are not many pro about this company at all.

Cons

If student population drops, then you will be laid-off. Managers are disrespectful.

Take some Management training classes.

Great Experience

Former Employee - New Student Advisor in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - New Student Advisor in Florence, KY

I worked at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and wonderful co-workers, willingness to work with others and there schedules was a big plus. Lincoln was a awesome place to work I made great friends and gained lifetime experiences.

Cons

Inability to gain the student population needed to keep the school opened cause the doors to close way to soon.

Up and down company

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In the beginning there was next to none on the micro managing but once new leadership was hired, micro managing started up.

Cons

Change over of leadership every couple of months. Peers were let go on a regular basis.

BAD COMPANY

I have been working at Lincoln College of Technology full-time

Pros

For a new worker great pay

Cons

Everything, The Lincoln in Columbia doesn't follow compliance guidelines they will lie to people to get the in the door, the management doesn't know what they are doing, they illegally discriminate and don't even know it, they do not do valid background check so high faculty and management are not trained to be in education. All they care about are numbers they are a revolving door and they will tell you lies of why the fired the other people and when you get there for about a month they will start telling people you are doing the same thing they got rid of the other employees for.

Get new managers, better yet just closed down.

DIrector of Allied Health Services

Former Employee - Department Chair/Instructor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Department Chair/Instructor in Boston, MA

I worked at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging environment, Room for growth, Great opportunity to affect other people's lives

Cons

Some of the students that are admitted are not capable of doing the work and it is sad -- it feels like you are stealing their money. More about quotas than about education.

Only admit those that are capable of doing the work -- do not just focus on the numbers.

High pressure, micro managed

Current Employee - Admissions Representative
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative

Pros

Good salary, decent amount of freedom and autonomy to do my job in the best way I believe, helping kids get further training and education to help them into good careers. Overall, the company seems to take care of its employees as long as you appear to buy into the corporate culture that it cultivates.

Cons

This company tends to micro manage its employees. Lots of travel involved in my position. There is a lot of pressure to get kids to sign up and enroll in the school. The bottom line for the company seems to be generating as much cash from student loans and grants. I'm still undecided if I agree with the company's general philosophy. As someone who has a considerable amount of student debt, it's hard at times to encourage young students to take on student loan debt as well.

Needs improvement

Former Employee - Instructor in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Instructor in Toledo, OH

I worked at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were wonderful, and I loved the students.

Cons

Corporate left a lot to be desired.

Look to the community to suggest what programs you teach.

All that matters is the price of the stock

Former Employee - Professor in Suffield, CT
    Former Employee - Professor in Suffield, CT

I worked at Lincoln College of Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was a job. Worked there for 12 years.

Cons

39 technical schools & 1 college. I was a professor at a great college that worried about students - then we were bought up by Lincoln. Now they are worried about price of stock. They take the student's money and leave them with hollow promises. Background checks show administrators came from colleges that offered "mail order" degrees. They have no business in academia.

Majority of administrators/faculty have "mail order" degrees (including the president). Tremendous credibility issues. Hurry up and sell college before someone does background checks on administrators.