Lincoln Educational Services

Lincoln Educational Services President and CEO Shaun E. McAlmont

Shaun E. McAlmont

Working At Lincoln

I have been working at Lincoln Educational Services

ProsIf you enjoy helping people with their career endeavors encompassed with training and development. This is a good fit for you.

ConsThere is no job advancement opportunities. Pay is low. Yearly raises at the campus level is very low. As a matter of fact, the increased cost of living is higher than the yearly raises they give. You do the math! Unless you have a supplemental income or second household income, you'll stay BROKE! The internal communication is terrible as you're left to find out information for yourself because everything is so hush hush. There's no transparency.

Innovation Lacking

I have been working at Lincoln Educational Services full-time

ProsGreat people and family-friendly atmosphere. Management trusts staff to do their jobs, and provides huge flexibility in work-life balance. Opportunities for development if you are a self-starter. Low turnover.

ConsManagement lacks innovation and is highly inconsistent in communication to staff. Very little opportunity for professional development.

Time for Change

I have been working at Lincoln Educational Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros"Some" great individuals to work with.

ConsNo raises in 4 years... titles handed out for self serving individuals which takes moral down to a new low. Never have worked for a company that doesn't even give cost of living raises, yet upper management takes care of their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to make changes to make this company great again.

An amazing three years.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Lincoln Educational Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, great work, challenging work environment, fast paced. .

ConsLower pay than industry norm

Advice to Senior ManagementData is more important than generally utilized.

I love most every day of my job. I really am making a difference in students lives.

High School Admissions Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lincoln Educational Services full-time

ProsI am providing a great opportunity for students who are looking for a way to further their education and get a great career.

ConsOther employees on campus don't keep in contact with you, rarely return emails etc. Expenses are slow to be reimbursed. You are always compared to the top representative and hearing about how great they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate presentation materials, interview and financial aid tools.

Great People. Wonderful Coworkers. Excellent Students. No Corporate Direction

Instructor (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

I have been working at Lincoln Educational Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy coworkers are highly motivated and highly dedicated. The students are eager and energetic. The environment in the classroom is charged with the electricity of minds learning and growing. Campus level leadership is beyond compare. Kind, Coureous, Energetic and willing to provide any assistance they can.

ConsCorporate leadership and oversight is lacking. They are not willing to properly support all programs. The pay is less than any of the local competition in for profit and not for profit institutions alike. Corporate seems to be more interested in share value (which is decreasing rapidly) than people value (which is why turnover is so high).

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to have a program then support it. If you are going to raise the cost of benefits (already done) then raise the cost of living pay for your instructors. Pay what the competition pays and you won't lose good people to the competition. Many people desperately want to teach at Lincoln but cannot afford to because of the poor wages.

Disorganized and Mismanaged Organization

Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Lincoln Educational Services full-time for more than a year

ProsWine and dine to recruit you.

ConsCut throat, political environment. All about numbers and filling seats yet don't want to enroll at risk kids because hard to "place them." Job placement affects their numbers.

Believe the worst

Associate Professor (Former Employee)
Southington, CT

I worked at Lincoln Educational Services full-time for more than a year

ProsThey attempt to adhere to professional standards so that their degrees are honored.

ConsIt is almost difficult to believe how un-comitted the company is to the values of higher education.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a buyer for LCNE; stick to trade schools; LESC does not have what it takes to run a college.

Only care about the bottom line - not individuals and not people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
West Orange, NJ

I worked at Lincoln Educational Services full-time for more than a year

ProsFreedom to work independently with little hindrance.

ConsLayoffs given with 10 minute notice and you're out the door! Only value the bottom line, not the person that is being affected (even those who just had babys). Uses the "At Will Employment" law to get rid of anyone they don't like. Work approvals must go through a Senior VP for finals, tying up the process and delays (not that they care they caused a delay). Constant quarterly budget cuts into the millions. Absolutely horrible TV ads - very low low budget. It would be better to just not have TV ads at that point. Marketing managers need to go back to marketing school!

Advice to Senior ManagementA Senior VP should be more then a micro-manager approving minimal work. Question the ability of Marketing Managers and VP to actually do real marketing. If you are going to do layoffs that affect human beings - give them at least a 2-week notice. You would expect the same in return.

Average job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
West Orange, NJ

I worked at Lincoln Educational Services full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy going, relative job security

ConsNo growth opportunities, HQs in the middle of nowhere in NJ

Worked for Lincoln Educational Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincoln Educational Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lincoln Educational Services CEO Shaun E. McAlmont. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Lincoln Educational Services employees.