Lincoln Electric Reviews

Christopher L. Mapes

1. 2015

Current Employee - Supply Management Administrator in Euclid, OH
    Current Employee - Supply Management Administrator in Euclid, OH

I have been working at Lincoln Electric (More than 3 years)

Pros

The yearly bonus is great

Cons

Employees pay 100% of their healthcare costs

2. Good Company

I worked at Lincoln Electric full-time

Pros

The pay is good. The Bonus is good. Most of the employees are happy to work there. There is opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Usually have to work over 40 hours a week. The bonus amount can be penalized by sick or late days, errors in production (sometimes not your personal fault) or just a bad sales year for the company.

Advice to Management

The company has the potential to be one of the best places to work for. Lincoln should consider becoming a little more family oriented.

3. The Lincoln Experience

Current Employee - Stock Keeper in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Stock Keeper in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Lincoln Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, the bonus and the friendly atmosphere,all contribute to a pleasant working experience. There are also perks to just being a lincoln employee.

Cons

Well the pay raises for the hourly employee is more than a bit stagnant,and in some instances there safety policies are overly aggressive.

Advice to Management

Give the hourly people a timely merit pay increase.

5. Strong, stable company where hard work can pay off with a long-term career.

Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lincoln Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-very stable, company always makes money
    -'family' feel despite being a large company
    -excellent engineering team behind the products
    -profit sharing program

Cons

-limited knowledge of finance/profitability
    -limited ability for individuals to negotiate
    -profit sharing program

6. engineering

I have been working at Lincoln Electric full-time

Pros

Very hard working environment, very smart upper management

Cons

Job parities doesn't correlate to respective duties and workload among departments.

Advice to Management

Really base, merit and promotions on overachievers within a team conception

Fantastic place to work, just don't be absent. If you have a busy life, kiss it goodbye

Former Employee - Auto Mold in Euclid, OH
    Former Employee - Auto Mold in Euclid, OH

I worked at Lincoln Electric

Pros

Amazing opportunities, the culture is what everyone says it is, and its true. Its a great place, the benefits are awesome. Everyone is generally happy to work, mostly because they are on piecework and make a decent amount of dough. Patient as saints with the training programs. Where most factories will be happy to put you out on your butt after a few weeks. These guys stick it out and REALLY have an interest in training you to be the best you can be.

Cons

When you apply you get stuck with whatever they give you, until your year is up. I'm a welder and got stuck in molding. Being a welder, using LE's stuff in the first place, this was the highest honor and most prized job I've ever held. The interview process is absolutely grueling it takes on average 6-12 months to get in. Lot of interviewing, testing etc.
    They have a tendency to make you feel if you are under their 3 year mark you really aren't "that" important to the company, considering once your in you never leave. Halfway though my 90 day assignment I had major shoulder surgery and I still came to work everyday 2 days post. Regrettably my body just broke down and I needed to take more then 3 days off and that was it for me. Personally I will never forgive myself.
    In the molding area its downright dangerous, their are several types of toxic gases the crew is exposed to. The machines had fume extraction ports but top management forced them to be capped off because it was going to cost the company money.
    The machines would CONSTANTLY break down, which wouldn't be bad but your on piecework. Time is money. If you come to work ready to put in your, 6, 8, 10, or 12 hour shift and your machines were broke, so were you. To get the molds in is a big deal and your forced to climb up onto the molds ( NOT fun or safe) while your shoes are coated in hydraulic fluid and oil.
    My MAJOR complaint is they keep LAZY employees that honestly do NOT care about their product

Peicework reigns the almighty Lincoln dollar and safety runs a far FAR second. I got shocked several times by their machines, complained about it and nothing ever got fixed.

If someone does read this and get's stuck in molding, best of luck and keep your wits about you. You run around like a chicken with your head cut off and for the physical demands of the job Its honestly not worth it.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging every tiny job. From the new employee to the main foreman there was at least 5 people between them. Trust your new employees, especially the ones that take a keen and sincere interest in YOU. Provide the mold area's with fume extraction. Cut down the interviewing shenanigans. The swing shifts just stink.

8. It was a great overall career experience with genuine and smart coworkers.

I worked at Lincoln Electric

Pros

Really good training programs for new hires.

Cons

Management could have done better at communicating future career opportunities within the company.

9. Great profit sharing

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Lincoln Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company does a great job rewarding high performers with a high bonus. It seemed to be a bit of a popularity contest for ratings, but what company isn't.

Cons

Salary increases are few and far between outside of a standard 2% raise. The only way for a big bump is changing positions, and they fight for every penny.

10. Haven't started yet

I have been working at Lincoln Electric

Pros

Bonus is a great thing

Cons

None that I can say

Advice to Management

I got bait and switched.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Lincoln Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok.
    End of year bonus is GREAT.
    Job is easy.

Cons

Your first few months will be a probation period. You will be treated like a temp or unpaid intern by everyone. You wont be making your full agreed upon salary during this time. And they are able to extend it if they want. But that isn't out of the ordinary. What upsets me the most is that I interviewed for one job. Then at the end was basically told that they didn't have openings in the job I was being interviewed for and asked me to work in an entirely different department.

Advice to Management

Don't interview people for one job then at the end of the process send them somewhere that has nothing to do with the job that the person was applying for.

RSS Feed </> Embed