Lincoln Electric

Lincoln Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lincoln Electric Chairman, President, and CEO John M. Stropki Jr.

John M. Stropki Jr.

A top notch organization where you can drive your own career path!

Professional (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsFollows a promote from with in policy. Ongoing professional growth! Open door policy at all management levels.

Consnone that are earth shattering

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to continue the supervisor training program for new factory supervisors and managers before bad habits start to form.

Mechanical Engineer

ProsVery Big Company.
    Room for growth.
    Very friendly Place.
    Great Product Engineering.

ConsI did not find any cons

Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest people I have ever worked with

ConsNot much to say, enjoyed my time here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I supported 120 users with their technology needs.

IT Support Technician (Former Employee) Ladson, SC

ProsClose to residence, employees who actually care about helping their internal and external customers.

ConsHaving to wait on the corporate office to get anything done, even the little things.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to push corporate to loosen the strings a little bit. This is a great place to work, and we can do more with just a little bit more permissions.

They treat their employees like,slaves

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI dont see anything positive except for the very few select individuals I work with.

ConsThe group leader does not know how to lead. He wants everyone to think that he is a good Engineer buy when you talk to everyone that knows better. This guy is a hypocrite. Preaches one way then practices the opposite. The general manager has no clue what is really going on. But pretends that he does.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and do a better job recognizing good employees. Working long hours and hard does not equal productivity and efficiency.

Good company. Hard work but worth it.

Lab Technician (Current Employee) Euclid, OH

ProsSignificant year end profit sharing bonus.

ConsBonus system creates cutthroat culture and information hoarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet current employees grow to full potential. Do not limit them based on current compensation or position.

Rotating shifts

Strip-line Operator (Former Employee)

ProsThe harder you work the more money you make.

ConsRotating shifts and factory work

Hard work Great pay, but beware

Operator (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsIf you are piece worker you are paid for your production and your salary can increase depending on your skill and work effort. If you want to earn more than a majority of other blue collar jobs this is the place for you.

ConsCompany always looking to cut prices once you become skilled enough to make good money. The merit rating system that affects your bonus is biased not necessarily merit based but "good ol boy" based and can negatively affect a large portion of income. Nepotism is rampant from the top down. Healthcare cost comes out of your bonus plans are expensive.

Cutthroat

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Euclid, OH

ProsGood bonus, some excellent opportunities, promotes within. Wide variety of jobs and opportunity.

ConsHave to be "in" with someone. Piecework, rotating shifts, and in some places terrible management/supervision. Hit or miss with which department has good Supervision/Management and that can make the experience vary from person to person.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your workers base salary more if you want better workers. The bonus only evens everything out and that is if the medical doesn't take the whole bonus away.

Good company, but not for everyone.

Engineering (Former Employee) Euclid, OH

Pros-Listens to employees - there is an employee board that meets with the CEO every month.
    -Variety of growth opportunities.
    -Opportunity for travel.
    -Very interesting products and services.
    -Generally high-tech facilities

Cons-Large bonus at end of year hides the fact that you make much less than industry average.
    -Significant portion of your pay is tied to how well other people perform
    -Co-workers less likely to collaborate because of pay structure.
    -Very cut-throat atmosphere.

Advice to Senior Management-Change Pay structure for salaried employees. Bring salaries up to industry standard. Lower bonus accordingly.

Worked for Lincoln Electric? Contribute to the Community!