Lincoln Financial Advisors

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Dineen

The experience I gained at Lincoln Financial Advisors has been incredibly valuable in finding other jobs.

Financial Representative Intern (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsThe company is flourishing and has a great system set up for it's financial advisors. You learn so much while simultaneously helping others gain peace of mind when they look to invest their life savings.

ConsBeing a financial advisor in general is a very difficult career because you are not salaried. You have to make your own salary, which can either be excellent, or dangerously mediocre.

Great company to work for

Paraplanner (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGood rapport with co-workers
    Compensation is fair

ConsFeel a bit like a glorified secretary
    Advancement opportunities limited

Good for experienced advisors

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat broker dealer platform.pay is higher than the wirehouses. Emphasis on financial planning

ConsStay far away if your trying to build a book or just a new advisor....you are on your own and the only help is by bringing a senior advisors on a case you opened up. Work in an office where all advisors are running there own practice. No emphasis on putting teams together.....you are on your own to try build a book.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great place. Obviously don't know at other offices, but overall the company culture is outstanding.

ConsNothing to complain about. Overall, it is a great company

It's a lifestyle for a lifetime.

Financial Planner (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAllows planners to put clients' needs first, so production pressure is not as prevalent as with most Broker Dealers. It's a very conservative company so it has a very conservative approach to investing and preserving clients' wealth.

ConsNone that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Learned so much about the wealth management industry.

Financial Planning Intern (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsEveryone is willing to teach you what they know. They want you to make the most out of your experience. Some financial advisors are willing to let you sit in on some client meetings.

ConsI was unpaid and just course credit. Though course credit is nice, it was tough to have no income for an entire summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring great people.

Good place to work

ProsLincoln has a great culture, a real spirit of comradery. The people are pleasant, the hours good, and the work meaningful.

ConsThe technology is poor. The company is very stratified... by which I mean I have no idea what people in other groups or areas of the company do.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate systems and technology better

very good

Prosvery good. open for opportunities. very happy with the environment and grid rate. helpful community of peers

Consas an advisor asst there is little to improve pay unless you negotiate with advisor themself. tough to move up without help

Great experience

Intern (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsA lot of feedback, great management, learn a lot of useful practices

ConsIt was an unpaid internship

Good experience, but would like to see more focus on formal training and support of new advisors.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsGreat people, great resources in terms of technical support and depth of knowledge, and true focus on doing what is right for the client and producing high quality plans. Also allows for total flexibility to build your own planning practice and focus on the areas you enjoy most.,

ConsLack of formalized training program, intense one-on-one skill development, true mentor relationships necessary for someone new to the business to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company, love the focus on high quality comprehensive financial planning, however would like to see a more rigorous, formalized training program and support system for new advisors.

Worked for Lincoln Financial Advisors? Contribute to the Community!