Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass

Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry(in 23 reviews)

• If you can hang onto this job then there are great benefits including tuition reimbursement which is very important(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Recognition of work life balance seems to be declining sharply(in 6 reviews)

• Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit(in 4 reviews)

worst place I ever worked

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

Prosthere was a gym in the building we had access to. but that's the only Pro

ConsIT there is horrible and not secure with software and software licenses. management is horrible and rude. other employees make you pay to use the toaster on the floor. So I brought in a free one for everyone to use and they flipped out and had it taken away. too much drama. under paid employees, and everyone seems to be completely disposable.

Advice to Senior Managementspend less time on yourself and more on the employees, spend less time pointing fingers and more time just getting the job done and helping each other.

Good overall and stable but outdated technology and no HR organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Radnor, PA

ProsNice people and decent benefits. A conservative company that's not taking big financial risk

ConsVery isolated and segmented. Nobody understands what the other areas of the business do. No integration of systems. For a company that has teams in all different locations you'd think they'd get video conferencing at least. No money spent on the most basic of systems. HR dept is a joke. I left voluntarily but they didn't even do an exit interview which is weird for a large corporation. There's a lot of tension between the different locations as everyone is afraid of losing jobs through layoffs and relocation to the corporate office in Philly.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement rarely listens to employees. Why would they start now.

Good people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsThe local employees were great to work with.

ConsSenior management changed for the worse. Lincoln is not the same company that it once was.

Advice to Senior Managementgo away...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Company!!!

Employee Support (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsLincoln is a great company to work for! In my four years there, I've noticed a continuous strive for improvement, a strong bond between the employees, and a well-rounded work-life balance. This company does an amazing job of balancing extrinsic and intrinsic rewards and maintaining a fair and honest culture.

ConsVery seldom am I speechless but I honestly can't think of any cons for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue to involve and support employees and we'll keep growing!

Awesome benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits! Good culture for the most part... Encourages local involvement in charity work.

ConsToo top heavy... too many in upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementMske sure you look at realistic numbers before making decisions... lots of data is just smoke and mirrors -- and decisions are not logical

A great place to start your career

ProsManagement believes in promotion from within. There are multiple growth opportunities and hard work does not go unnoticed.

ConsWorkloads can be heavy from October-March. If you are not willing to put in extra hours during this time of year you may become overwhelmed trying to keep up.

Great Learning Experience and pretty good work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company did a pretty good job at work/life balance and provided me with good training in understanding this field.

ConsCan be demanding at times, depending on the amount of clients.

Great benefits, but not great pay or advancement opportunity.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

Pros401k program is excellent. Healthcare costs are pretty low.

ConsLow pay compared to similar companies. Not a lot of advancement opportunities.

very rewarding work experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

Prosexcellent environment to work. mixed culture.

Conssometimes the work is is so demanding

I enjoyed working for Lincoln Financial Group. The people in Hartford are awesome!

Senior Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsThe company provides great support for actuarial students to progress through the rigorous exam process. The actuarial program is very structured and provides appropriate incentives.

ConsThere seem to still be some struggles with integration from the merger with Jefferson Pilot. There is culture clash and miscommunication between campuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementLincoln Financial Group is a great company and a great employer. I would still be there if human resources hadn't botched my relocation!

Worked for Lincoln Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!