Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass

Dennis R. Glass

Pros:
  • "They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry"
    in 20 reviews
  • "If you can hang onto this job then there are great benefits including tuition reimbursement which is very important"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "Recognition of work life balance seems to be declining sharply"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A great place to start your career

ProsManagement believes in promotion from within. There are multiple growth opportunities and hard work does not go unnoticed.

ConsWorkloads can be heavy from October-March. If you are not willing to put in extra hours during this time of year you may become overwhelmed trying to keep up.

Amazing Company!!!

Employee Support (Current Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsLincoln is a great company to work for! In my four years there, I've noticed a continuous strive for improvement, a strong bond between the employees, and a well-rounded work-life balance. This company does an amazing job of balancing extrinsic and intrinsic rewards and maintaining a fair and honest culture.

ConsVery seldom am I speechless but I honestly can't think of any cons for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue to involve and support employees and we'll keep growing!

Great Learning Experience and pretty good work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company did a pretty good job at work/life balance and provided me with good training in understanding this field.

ConsCan be demanding at times, depending on the amount of clients.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sub-Par Company, frustrating work environment.

Philadelphia, PA

ProsVery authentic senior management, good benefits, mid size insurance company. Managed to survive financial crisis, but not immune to another crisis.

ConsVery poor middle management, short term goals undermine long term core values of company. Uncompetitive compensation, at best suited for sub-par professions who want to sit for a few years. Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit. Waste of budgets every year, tv ads misrepresent internal company realities, but great marketing dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementDisconnect between Senior management and employees. Problem is mid level management at manager and director level, abuse of power issues. Merit not rewarded, Lincoln would not approve. Outsourcing services and functions very short term benefits, long term risks.

Great benefits, but not great pay or advancement opportunity.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Fort Wayne, IN

Pros401k program is excellent. Healthcare costs are pretty low.

ConsLow pay compared to similar companies. Not a lot of advancement opportunities.

Don't bother working in jobs outside of the sales area

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood 401k match and work life balance. The company knows how to reward sales people. If you are not involved in sales avoid this company.

ConsThe company lacks a clear path to develop internal talent. If your going to join this company don't plan to spend more than 2-3 years there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing the talent that you have internally rather than hiring outside the company for new opportunities.

very rewarding work experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Arlington Heights, IL

Prosexcellent environment to work. mixed culture.

Conssometimes the work is is so demanding

Not Bad, Not Great

Implementation Manager (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsProfessional and accessible managers, low turnover.

ConsLousy, Immature co-workers. Working in the implementation department was like going back to romper room every day. Co workers at times made unprofessional, inappropriate and even racist comments.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemind employees that when you go to work, you should behave like adults.

I enjoyed working for Lincoln Financial Group. The people in Hartford are awesome!

Senior Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Hartford, CT

ProsThe company provides great support for actuarial students to progress through the rigorous exam process. The actuarial program is very structured and provides appropriate incentives.

ConsThere seem to still be some struggles with integration from the merger with Jefferson Pilot. There is culture clash and miscommunication between campuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementLincoln Financial Group is a great company and a great employer. I would still be there if human resources hadn't botched my relocation!

It's what you make it

Greensboro, NC

ProsThis is a sales organization so the focus is on sales. As long as you are in one of the sales divisions you have significant earning and job satisfaction potential. Fantastic 401k match and strong annual bonus potential.

ConsA little weak in health benefits but they make it up with the 401k. Like every company this size, leadership has some pockets of empty suits.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring only Merrill people.

Worked for Lincoln Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Lincoln Financial Group Videos

Lincoln Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

​​​​Why Join Us?​​ It’s quite simple — meaningful work, dedicated people and a confident future. Learn more about life at Lincoln and how you can be a part of our team. ​​Our Culture​​ Meaningful work in a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincoln Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lincoln Financial Group CEO Dennis R. Glass. All 177 reviews posted anonymously by Lincoln Financial Group employees.