Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass

Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry(in 22 reviews)

• If you can hang onto this job then there are great benefits including tuition reimbursement which is very important(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Recognition of work life balance seems to be declining sharply(in 6 reviews)

• Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit(in 4 reviews)

Good people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsThe local employees were great to work with.

ConsSenior management changed for the worse. Lincoln is not the same company that it once was.

Advice to Senior Managementgo away...

Great ethical company

Compliance (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsLincoln Financial Group is a smart, ethical company with great culture from top to bottom for serious professionals.

ConsLincoln does a good job of retaining people. The downside to staff retention is relative difficultly advancing from within. Some people will look for opportunities outside Lincoln and will eventually return at a higher level.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to increase mobility. Consider reaching across departments to give employees opportunities to develop and build stronger, more well rounded executive candidates.

Management needs an overhaul.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits offered were the best part of the job. The 401k plan was superior to most other companies.

ConsThe environment is not a welcome one if you do not come with a trust fund. The management is not concerned with the needs of their direct reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what needs to be done to help everyone be more successful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits! Good culture for the most part... Encourages local involvement in charity work.

ConsToo top heavy... too many in upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementMske sure you look at realistic numbers before making decisions... lots of data is just smoke and mirrors -- and decisions are not logical

A great place to start your career

ProsManagement believes in promotion from within. There are multiple growth opportunities and hard work does not go unnoticed.

ConsWorkloads can be heavy from October-March. If you are not willing to put in extra hours during this time of year you may become overwhelmed trying to keep up.

Amazing Company!!!

Employee Support (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsLincoln is a great company to work for! In my four years there, I've noticed a continuous strive for improvement, a strong bond between the employees, and a well-rounded work-life balance. This company does an amazing job of balancing extrinsic and intrinsic rewards and maintaining a fair and honest culture.

ConsVery seldom am I speechless but I honestly can't think of any cons for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue to involve and support employees and we'll keep growing!

Great Learning Experience and pretty good work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company did a pretty good job at work/life balance and provided me with good training in understanding this field.

ConsCan be demanding at times, depending on the amount of clients.

Sub-Par Company, frustrating work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsVery authentic senior management, good benefits, mid size insurance company. Managed to survive financial crisis, but not immune to another crisis.

ConsVery poor middle management, short term goals undermine long term core values of company. Uncompetitive compensation, at best suited for sub-par professions who want to sit for a few years. Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit. Waste of budgets every year, tv ads misrepresent internal company realities, but great marketing dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementDisconnect between Senior management and employees. Problem is mid level management at manager and director level, abuse of power issues. Merit not rewarded, Lincoln would not approve. Outsourcing services and functions very short term benefits, long term risks.

Great benefits, but not great pay or advancement opportunity.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

Pros401k program is excellent. Healthcare costs are pretty low.

ConsLow pay compared to similar companies. Not a lot of advancement opportunities.

Don't bother working in jobs outside of the sales area

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood 401k match and work life balance. The company knows how to reward sales people. If you are not involved in sales avoid this company.

ConsThe company lacks a clear path to develop internal talent. If your going to join this company don't plan to spend more than 2-3 years there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing the talent that you have internally rather than hiring outside the company for new opportunities.

Worked for Lincoln Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!