Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Reset
4.0
Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass
Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • Great place to work to have a work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• not much I can think of but a great benefits package (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization preaches work life balance but that's not true (in 8 reviews)

• not enough room for advancement (in 3 reviews)

Staff Accountant

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From what I've seen, they're all about promoting within, and at least in Finance, they're very interested in your development. Becoming a CPA isn't just encouraged--they'll pay for your review materials as long as you're serious about studying and becoming a CPA. As with all Lincoln positions, the benefits are top-notch. You get 16% in your 401k when you contribute 6%, and they give more PTO to new employees that I ever needed or even wanted.

Cons

I've heard others on Glassdoor say that Lincoln pays less than comparable companies, but I don't know that there's any truth to that. Even if there is, you can't argue with the benefits and career development opportunities.

2. Good place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I work for an AVP that allows for independent thinking and appreciates the work I do.

Cons

Office not temperature controlled very well in some areas.

3. Good place to acquire wealth, but not a good place to become wealthy

Former Employee - Business Support Analyst in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Business Support Analyst in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Generous 401K match, good working hours, job flexibility

Cons

lack of promotion opportunities, low pay, minimal growth opportunity

Advice to Management

If your goal is to retain the best workers, you will need to provide decent compensation.

They only looked at discrimination charges if you were a member of the LGBT.

Former Employee - Financial Processor in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Processor in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 401k and insurance. Nothing else was worth the time I put into that company. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Cons

Everything about that place is a con,starting with their management. I've never worked in a place that cared so little for their employees unless they were gay. I think they are afraid of them.

Advice to Management

What good would it do? They do it their way and forget about the true workers.

6. Great environment, its a great place when it comes to working together.

Current Employee - Computer Technician/Print Operator in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Computer Technician/Print Operator in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its great to work for a place that treats you equally. From directors all the way to new hire.

Cons

Sometimes you reach a stopping point when it comes to moving up in the company.

Advice to Management

N/A

On a downward trajectory

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is average. Benefits were excellent. Most people are nice to work with.

Cons

The cons far outweigh the pros. Ever since Jefferson-Pilot took over in 2007, the company has turned into a disaster. Employees are not valued and are considered replaceable. "Restructuring" occurs on almost an annual basis where the people with experience are laid off. You're always under the fear that your job could be gone the next day and moved to Greensboro like all the other departments. To top off the insult, they would not allow you to simply relocate for the same job. They made you interview to see if you could keep your job even if you were willing to move. There's always some new corporate initiative that takes a lot of time to comply with and ends up being a bigger distraction than it's worth only to be abandoned halfway through for the next flavor of the month. Lots of wasted time and resources. Upper management is packed with arrogant folks from Jefferson-Pilot that hate Lincoln culture. JP execs thrive from yes-men. They hate anyone that challenges the status-quo or their decisions. Ideas from employees mean nothing. You're automatically banned from the "in" group if you go against the grain. To get promoted, you really had to kiss a lot of behind at this place. It didn't really matter what you contributed. If you didn't participate in every dumb corporate initiative and buddy up to management, you were going nowhere. Promotions and every single COLA adjusment (regardless of how small) had to be approved by upper management for every single person. Even the smallest decisions were scrutinized by upper management. Micro-management to the nth degree. Managers were not allowed to do their jobs. They couldn't take a restroom break unless upper management told them it was OK.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and listen to them. Pay them what they are worth and stop trying to fire the more knowledgeable people to save a few dollars. Give managers the benefit of the doubt and let them do their jobs.

8. I really enjoyed working here. Great company!!

Current Intern - Intern in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Intern - Intern in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very high pay, Everyone treated me with respect. I greatly enjoyed working here. Also received free housing for the interns.

Cons

I would have liked to work in a different department during my time there in order to gain experience in other areas.

Don't bother...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's nice to be inside when it's windy out.

Cons

The laundry list is something beyond reproach and repair. Am I a jaded employee, well yes after everything that happened it's really hard not to be. It is literally too top heavy. There are about 4-5 employees per manager. They then wonder why there is so much overtime. Have you ever worked for a company where your manager literally peers from the cubicle wall at you for over an hour to see if you are working? Welcome to Lincoln. No worries that manager was fired for having sex with his employee in the conference room. Upward mobility? Only if you hang out with the managers after work. In fact that is the advise you are given when you ask how to move up; right after you are told work doesn't matter here. Have different beliefs from management? It's ok. They'll make sure they get rid of you or make your life miserable. Family pictures? Only if you are a Quaker. If anyone thinks you are showing too much elbow in your wedding picture. They'll make you get rid of it. Want to move departments? Make sure your manager doesn't know so they won't try to block you. What makes management material? Pull out a knife on an employee at a function and threaten one of your employees and boom! Manager in a few weeks! Or... just don't show up for months at a time. Boom. Manager! Tell HR? They will literally say it's your own fault. One more thing. If like knowing when you are going home this is not the job for you. You never know when you are going home because they announce mandatory overtime past your leave time. So you can't leave until someone tells you to. Have you ever sat on your desk working overtime because another area is so it wouldn't be fair for you to go home and they can't? Welcome to Lincoln! If you have no other recourse or know a manager then feel free to work there. Otherwise start applying for jobs as soon as you get in. Use it as a tick on your resume really a lot of the experience won't be worth the time unless you lie to future employers about what it really was.

Advice to Management

Don't bother.

LFG Review

Current Employee - Processor in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Processor in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A Great place to work!

Cons

Some positions are very high stress.

Company Politics!!

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the work that I did with the company. I was able to interact on a daily basis with clients about their policies.

Cons

If you are not related to someone there are "know" someone then you were overlooked for any kind of career change. I was not allowed to advance in my career there at all. I felt like I was overlooked in a lot of positions where I felt I was more than qualified to do. Also I felt that they gave way to much attention to the GLBTS group than they did to other organizations that really deserve it.

Advice to Management

Instead of worrying about what your employees are doing by trying to get your employees to tattle, you need to look at the ones that are helping you to spread the rumors. Those type of employees are the ones that will throw you under the bus to get ahead. That includes going for your job!

RSS Feed </> Embed