Lincoln Financial Group

Updated September 30, 2014
3.3

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass
Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry (in 23 reviews)

• If you can hang onto this job then there are great benefits including tuition reimbursement which is very important (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Recognition of work life balance seems to be declining sharply (in 6 reviews)

• Top heavy with many meetings having redundant discussions (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

My internship

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern

Pros

This is a great place to work.

Cons

It can be challenging at times.

Lincoln Financial Group is a company committed to helping their customers and their employees build a financial future

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

401k contribution and match, career advancement opportunities, tuition assistance, LFG's commitment to the community through the Foundation and being a Green workplace

Cons

Upgrading and updating of all the systems takes time, finding a platform that will house all of the needs of the company may take awhile to complete

Career Framework is a great tool to utilize when conducting coaching sessions, and writing a job description

Good experience

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern

Pros

Gained a lot of experience. Met with many upper level employees.

Cons

Not very organized. Placement of interns was questionable

Make sure meaningful work is available. If not pay a weekly "salary." Many days I had nothing to do after 2 pm and had to sit there until 5 to make the money I needed. Either provide more work/career building opportunities to fill time or pay the weekly salary. Doing so will encourage interns to work efficiently and avoid wasted time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for sales careers, support staff, not so much.

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

They have a fantastic benefits package and lots of upward mobility for sales staff.

Cons

Support staff kind of gets shortchanged when it comes to treatment in the hierarchy. Everything revolves around the sale of VAs.

Treat everyone equally and show the support staff that they matter to getting the bottom line accomplished.

Each division is truly different

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial in nature. Can create your path within the company. Nice 401k plan. Compensation is tight at the mid level tier.

Cons

Slow to act. Must play the corporate game. New initiatives and products are launched at 75%. Technology struggles is an understatement.

Does a great job of managing individual contributors. Unless you are in the PDP program it is difficult to move through different groups within the copmany.

Intern

Former Employee - Wealth Management Intern  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Wealth Management Intern in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people. They really put an effort into training and explaining anything you need. Internship was an unpaid position but overall it was great experience and worth it.

Cons

None that I could see from my position. Employees were given a good amount of time off and most fridays the whole team left early and went to happy hour.

Retirement Plan Services

Former Employee - Retirement Consultant
    Former Employee - Retirement Consultant

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have a good 401k match, and most of the co-workers are good. Mostly remote employees. Lots of autonomy.

Cons

Low comp and outdated technology. Management doesn't respond to client issues with the firm, blames support staff. Losing lots of plans due to failed technology initiatives. Most of management has never worked anywhere else so they have a poor understanding of the competition.

Good Benefits, typical large corporation lack of bottom up engagement

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great talented, ambitious employees, competitive pay, good benefits.

Cons

Typical large corporation grind filled with corporate-speak circular thinking, no room for bottom up innovation.

There's really no point.

Overall a great company to start a career

Current Employee - BSA  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - BSA in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get real work and no matter your rank, you are heard. Work with some of the most amazing and hard working people you'll meet

Cons

No formal training, too much responsibility for one person at times, constant meetings

Too many leadership and pm roles given to people without proper experience

My experience at Lincoln was extremely pleasant, fulfilling, and challenging.

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern

Pros

The office culture was very collegial. I was given meaningful work and real responsibility. My co-workers were friendly, responsive, and outgoing.

Cons

There was no formal training program. Everything I learned, I learned on the fly. Also, there were more down days than I expected. I often found myself without projects or work to do.

Lincoln Financial Group Photos

Worked for Lincoln Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!