Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass

Dennis R. Glass

Pros:
  • "They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry"
    in 20 reviews
  • "If you can hang onto this job then there are great benefits including tuition reimbursement which is very important"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "Recognition of work life balance seems to be declining sharply"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Innovative, smart people, good compensation

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsLincoln has a lot of really smart people. The environment is pretty collaborative and the product/distribution partnership is strong. Work/life balance is decent. Politics vary depending on which area you work, but overall, compared to peer companies, it's OK. Financially has performed very well, even during some very turbulent times. Consistently scores higher than peer companies on employee engagement.

ConsA lot is going on, so hard to manage the pace if you've got a lot of personal demands, but again, most managers are supportive of work/life balance, flexible schedules, telecommuting. A little behind the times from a technology standpoint.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to employees through engagement surveys, town hall meetings, but more important small group interactions. Don't overlook the stuff that's tough to hear.

Overall, good company.

Omaha, NE

ProsGood benefits, competitive salary, generous time off, and flexible work schedule for salaried employees. Leadership is accessible and will listen to your concerns. Hard working employees, most have a very good work ethic. Very friendly people!

ConsLimited flexibility for hourly employees. Need to update systems, rather antiquated. Need a more holistic on boarding program. Need to add more people in HR, the generalists are swamped.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive hourly employees more flexibility. Update old systems.

Great ethical company

Compliance (Former Employee)
    Hartford, CT

ProsLincoln Financial Group is a smart, ethical company with great culture from top to bottom for serious professionals.

ConsLincoln does a good job of retaining people. The downside to staff retention is relative difficultly advancing from within. Some people will look for opportunities outside Lincoln and will eventually return at a higher level.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to increase mobility. Consider reaching across departments to give employees opportunities to develop and build stronger, more well rounded executive candidates.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Plenty of technology work going on, but organization is very hierarchical and bureaucratic

Software Development Consultant (Current Employee)
    Rolling Meadows, IL

ProsCompany has good benefits, and the work is stable and the work hours are reasonable. With so many software systems adopted from acquisitions, there's a lot of software development and technology work throughout the organization.

ConsAs with many other large companies, the organization is very hierarchical and bureaucratic. There are many bad decisions that are made in a vacuum that end up wasting effort and money.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove layers in the organization to better connect upper management with what's going on 'on the ground'. Adopt better ways to measure performance against goals, to better gauge what is and is not working, and whether decisions have yielded desired results.

Good people but poor direction at times

ProsGreat people
    Work-life balance was spot on

ConsWork often went to waste
    Lack of opportunity

worst place I ever worked

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Hartford, CT

Prosthere was a gym in the building we had access to. but that's the only Pro

ConsIT there is horrible and not secure with software and software licenses. management is horrible and rude. other employees make you pay to use the toaster on the floor. So I brought in a free one for everyone to use and they flipped out and had it taken away. too much drama. under paid employees, and everyone seems to be completely disposable.

Advice to Senior Managementspend less time on yourself and more on the employees, spend less time pointing fingers and more time just getting the job done and helping each other.

Good overall and stable but outdated technology and no HR organization

Radnor, PA

ProsNice people and decent benefits. A conservative company that's not taking big financial risk

ConsVery isolated and segmented. Nobody understands what the other areas of the business do. No integration of systems. For a company that has teams in all different locations you'd think they'd get video conferencing at least. No money spent on the most basic of systems. HR dept is a joke. I left voluntarily but they didn't even do an exit interview which is weird for a large corporation. There's a lot of tension between the different locations as everyone is afraid of losing jobs through layoffs and relocation to the corporate office in Philly.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement rarely listens to employees. Why would they start now.

Amazing Company!!!

Employee Support (Current Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsLincoln is a great company to work for! In my four years there, I've noticed a continuous strive for improvement, a strong bond between the employees, and a well-rounded work-life balance. This company does an amazing job of balancing extrinsic and intrinsic rewards and maintaining a fair and honest culture.

ConsVery seldom am I speechless but I honestly can't think of any cons for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue to involve and support employees and we'll keep growing!

Awesome benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits! Good culture for the most part... Encourages local involvement in charity work.

ConsToo top heavy... too many in upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementMske sure you look at realistic numbers before making decisions... lots of data is just smoke and mirrors -- and decisions are not logical

A great place to start your career

ProsManagement believes in promotion from within. There are multiple growth opportunities and hard work does not go unnoticed.

ConsWorkloads can be heavy from October-March. If you are not willing to put in extra hours during this time of year you may become overwhelmed trying to keep up.

Worked for Lincoln Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Lincoln Financial Group Videos

Lincoln Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

​​​​Why Join Us?​​ It’s quite simple — meaningful work, dedicated people and a confident future. Learn more about life at Lincoln and how you can be a part of our team. ​​Our Culture​​ Meaningful work in a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincoln Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lincoln Financial Group CEO Dennis R. Glass. All 177 reviews posted anonymously by Lincoln Financial Group employees.