Lincoln Financial Group

Updated November 19, 2014
3.4

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass
Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry (in 23 reviews)

• not much I can think of but a great benefits package (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization preaches work life balance but that's not true (in 7 reviews)

• Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Very disappointing HR department.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A good benefits package here.

Cons

No representation from HR in a personnel matter whatsoever.

Full of Politics & Discrimination!

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Used to be a nice environment to work for.

Cons

If you don't have the background they want, you are screwed. If you only do a great job at work but not chat with senior management on sports during WORK HOURS, you are screwed.

The "inclusive and diversity" slogan came out only because of the discrimination lawsuit. If you chat with big boss on sports everyday, or if you happen to come from the background that helps them with the lawsuit, you don't need to be capable for your position but will have the most secured job.

Wake up! Great employees are leaving, leaving or being left. Where are they moving to? Your competitors!

Abe Lincoln must be rolling over in his grave.

Current Employee - Professional (Prefer Not to Say More) in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Professional (Prefer Not to Say More) in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits package including 401K

Free continuing education in financial/insurance and tuition reimbursement.

Fitness center

Generous amounts of paid time off (especially for me since I have almost 20 years of service)

Cons

Understaffed and overworked. My manager should NEVER be allowed to manage people. A lot of bullying micromanagement, manipulation, and profanity. Current manager does not seem to keep confidential personnel information about fellow employees confidential.

VERY outdated technology.

The company's multicultural program is manic.

The facility is outdated and shabby.

Upper management is either oblivious to the actions of its managers or is deliberately looking the other way.

Address the problem of rogue managers. They are a drain on productivity and you are losing valuable hardworking employees because of it.

different

Current Employee - Unclaimed Propertices Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Unclaimed Propertices Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

there may be some good advancment opportunities for others

Cons

not utilizing my job and educations experience

take a closer look as some of the temps that are brought on, and review their qualifications and background

Too slow

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Good pay. Pleasant atmosphere. Myriad of perks. Employs a lot of people, props up the economy, keeps many families afloat.

Cons

Was like going backwards in time by 40 years, everyone smilingly working in slow motion, many of the activities adding no real value (other than taking up time and consequently getting more pay).

I'm guessing there isn't enough competition, else all the fat processes would be hurting the company. Maybe try Agile or Lean Six Sigma to provide a better value.

Oppresive mangement to the point of bullying and harassment

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Benefits offerred are not bad.

Cons

Outdated computer system which does not allow for a free flowing production.
    Oppresive management that bullys individuals.
    Employment positions are billed as "flexible". Not so. You will be reprimanded for being 1 min. late and docked with an "awareness". The "awareness" allowed are 5 in calendar year. Then you will be put on a written warning. This is applied even if you call in with car trouble and arrive late.

Recognize employees as indivudals with different attributes to contirbute to a team. Mico management DOES NOT bring out the best in personnel.

Caution - Co in transition

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Reasonable compensation and some room for growth if in right area; may find supervisor willing to mentor and advance career

Cons

Ineffectual HR department allows some managers to run roughshod over good employees; recent merger not effectively implemented in many areas. Too many layoffs not well thought out.

Need to do a much better job of long range planning, and decisions as to what functions are performed in which locations needs to be rethought from scratch. "Talent" management process needs major improvement.

Look for employment elsewhere

Former Employee - 1035 Processing Specialist in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - 1035 Processing Specialist in Concord, NH

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Limited challenge, friendly employees and very flexible in terms of time off requests i.e. vacation

Cons

Weak salary, limited promotions and employees who lack the drive to achieve bigger and better things.

Update their review procedures to reward the correct employees

Company Politics!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the work that I did with the company. I was able to interact on a daily basis with clients about their policies.

Cons

If you are not related to someone there are "know" someone then you were overlooked for any kind of career change. I was not allowed to advance in my career there at all. I felt like I was overlooked in a lot of positions where I felt I was more than qualified to do. Also I felt that they gave way to much attention to the GLBTS group than they did to other organizations that really deserve it.

Instead of worrying about what your employees are doing by trying to get your employees to tattle, you need to look at the ones that are helping you to spread the rumors. Those type of employees are the ones that will throw you under the bus to get ahead. That includes going for your job!

Stressful

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great teamwork among mid level managers. Decent pay and great 401k benefits.

Cons

Horrible recordkeeping system and poor training of employees in client administration. The company has many long term employees in their Fort Wayne, IN office who are not progressive and have no external experience. Company needs to move their home office to a progressive city.

Lincoln Financial Group Photos