Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Too slow

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Good pay. Pleasant atmosphere. Myriad of perks. Employs a lot of people, props up the economy, keeps many families afloat.

Cons

Was like going backwards in time by 40 years, everyone smilingly working in slow motion, many of the activities adding no real value (other than taking up time and consequently getting more pay).

Advice to Management

I'm guessing there isn't enough competition, else all the fat processes would be hurting the company. Maybe try Agile or Lean Six Sigma to provide a better value.

Oppresive mangement to the point of bullying and harassment

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Benefits offerred are not bad.

Cons

Outdated computer system which does not allow for a free flowing production.
    Oppresive management that bullys individuals.
    Employment positions are billed as "flexible". Not so. You will be reprimanded for being 1 min. late and docked with an "awareness". The "awareness" allowed are 5 in calendar year. Then you will be put on a written warning. This is applied even if you call in with car trouble and arrive late.

Advice to Management

Recognize employees as indivudals with different attributes to contirbute to a team. Mico management DOES NOT bring out the best in personnel.

Caution - Co in transition

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Reasonable compensation and some room for growth if in right area; may find supervisor willing to mentor and advance career

Cons

Ineffectual HR department allows some managers to run roughshod over good employees; recent merger not effectively implemented in many areas. Too many layoffs not well thought out.

Advice to Management

Need to do a much better job of long range planning, and decisions as to what functions are performed in which locations needs to be rethought from scratch. "Talent" management process needs major improvement.

Look for employment elsewhere

Former Employee - 1035 Processing Specialist in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - 1035 Processing Specialist in Concord, NH

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Limited challenge, friendly employees and very flexible in terms of time off requests i.e. vacation

Cons

Weak salary, limited promotions and employees who lack the drive to achieve bigger and better things.

Advice to Management

Update their review procedures to reward the correct employees

Eh

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Very flexible, family oriented, good benefits

Cons

Terrible pay, bonus structure is a joke, no accountability for lazy employees

Director, LTD

Former Employee - Director, LTD in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director, LTD in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Continual leadership openings and availability based on 10+ year cycle of turnover.

Cons

LNC uses LFG to consolidate company losses in other areas. Any two bad quarters reported Wall Street means you're going to be fired... soon.

Advice to Management

Use the Lincoln experience to add to your resume and seriously entertain all external head hunter options to transition to a more stable company.

On a downward trajectory

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is average. Benefits were excellent. Most people are nice to work with.

Cons

The cons far outweigh the pros. Ever since Jefferson-Pilot took over in 2007, the company has turned into a disaster.

Employees are not valued and are considered replaceable. "Restructuring" occurs on almost an annual basis where the people with experience are laid off. You're always under the fear that your job could be gone the next day and moved to Greensboro like all the other departments. To top off the insult, they would not allow you to simply relocate for the same job. They made you interview to see if you could keep your job even if you were willing to move.

There's always some new corporate initiative that takes a lot of time to comply with and ends up being a bigger distraction than it's worth only to be abandoned halfway through for the next flavor of the month. Lots of wasted time and resources.

Upper management is packed with arrogant folks from Jefferson-Pilot that hate Lincoln culture. JP execs thrive from yes-men. They hate anyone that challenges the status-quo or their decisions. Ideas from employees mean nothing. You're automatically banned from the "in" group if you go against the grain.

To get promoted, you really had to kiss a lot of behind at this place. It didn't really matter what you contributed. If you didn't participate in every dumb corporate initiative and buddy up to management, you were going nowhere. Promotions and every single COLA adjusment (regardless of how small) had to be approved by upper management for every single person.

Even the smallest decisions were scrutinized by upper management. Micro-management to the nth degree. Managers were not allowed to do their jobs. They couldn't take a restroom break unless upper management told them it was OK.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and listen to them. Pay them what they are worth and stop trying to fire the more knowledgeable people to save a few dollars. Give managers the benefit of the doubt and let them do their jobs.

Soul-sucking

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

The benefits weren't too bad.

Cons

Management is a joke. They don't give credit to the good employees. Only the ones who kiss rear ends. Management will screw your chances of moving to another department. They just don't care about anyone but themselves.

Advice to Management

Hire people who are good at their job.

Duh which way did he go George?

Former Employee - BI Team in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - BI Team in Omaha, NE

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits
    Easy commute

Cons

Group protection is doomed due to stupid management. Ever had a manager that thought she was too good to manage you? Welcome to LFG.

Also in Omaha, it is called group protection. They are owned by LFG but not really part of it. The corporate people hate us as we are costing them money. Don't look at the LNC stock and use that determine LFG in Omaha is doing good, that is simply not the case. Earnings are down 60% and continue to drop.

Leadership is non existent and here are some seriously unprofessional employees and without good management no way to address it.

Put it this way, I know a couple crazies (yelling cussing at work) who have not lasted more than a year all over Omaha at various companies. Guess what, they have been at LFG for years now. That should tell you something.

If you LIke MSACCESS, this is the place for you. They do not invest back in the company at all!

Advice to Management

Fire yourself.

Company Politics!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the work that I did with the company. I was able to interact on a daily basis with clients about their policies.

Cons

If you are not related to someone there are "know" someone then you were overlooked for any kind of career change. I was not allowed to advance in my career there at all. I felt like I was overlooked in a lot of positions where I felt I was more than qualified to do. Also I felt that they gave way to much attention to the GLBTS group than they did to other organizations that really deserve it.

Advice to Management

Instead of worrying about what your employees are doing by trying to get your employees to tattle, you need to look at the ones that are helping you to spread the rumors. Those type of employees are the ones that will throw you under the bus to get ahead. That includes going for your job!

RSS Feed </> Embed