Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
3.4

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass
Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry (in 23 reviews)

• not much I can think of but a great benefits package (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization preaches work life balance but that's not true (in 7 reviews)

• Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

worst place I ever worked

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

there was a gym in the building we had access to. but that's the only Pro

Cons

IT there is horrible and not secure with software and software licenses. management is horrible and rude. other employees make you pay to use the toaster on the floor. So I brought in a free one for everyone to use and they flipped out and had it taken away. too much drama. under paid employees, and everyone seems to be completely disposable.

spend less time on yourself and more on the employees, spend less time pointing fingers and more time just getting the job done and helping each other.

Good overall and stable but outdated technology and no HR organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people and decent benefits. A conservative company that's not taking big financial risk

Cons

Very isolated and segmented. Nobody understands what the other areas of the business do. No integration of systems. For a company that has teams in all different locations you'd think they'd get video conferencing at least. No money spent on the most basic of systems. HR dept is a joke. I left voluntarily but they didn't even do an exit interview which is weird for a large corporation. There's a lot of tension between the different locations as everyone is afraid of losing jobs through layoffs and relocation to the corporate office in Philly.

Management rarely listens to employees. Why would they start now.

Good people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The local employees were great to work with.

Cons

Senior management changed for the worse. Lincoln is not the same company that it once was.

go away...

Great ethical company

Former Employee - Compliance in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Compliance in Hartford, CT

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lincoln Financial Group is a smart, ethical company with great culture from top to bottom for serious professionals.

Cons

Lincoln does a good job of retaining people. The downside to staff retention is relative difficultly advancing from within. Some people will look for opportunities outside Lincoln and will eventually return at a higher level.

Look for ways to increase mobility. Consider reaching across departments to give employees opportunities to develop and build stronger, more well rounded executive candidates.

Management needs an overhaul.

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

The benefits offered were the best part of the job. The 401k plan was superior to most other companies.

Cons

The environment is not a welcome one if you do not come with a trust fund. The management is not concerned with the needs of their direct reports.

Listen to what needs to be done to help everyone be more successful.

A great place to start your career

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Management believes in promotion from within. There are multiple growth opportunities and hard work does not go unnoticed.

Cons

Workloads can be heavy from October-March. If you are not willing to put in extra hours during this time of year you may become overwhelmed trying to keep up.

Amazing Company!!!

Current Employee - Employee Support in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Employee Support in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lincoln is a great company to work for! In my four years there, I've noticed a continuous strive for improvement, a strong bond between the employees, and a well-rounded work-life balance. This company does an amazing job of balancing extrinsic and intrinsic rewards and maintaining a fair and honest culture.

Cons

Very seldom am I speechless but I honestly can't think of any cons for this company.

Keep up the great work and continue to involve and support employees and we'll keep growing!

Great Learning Experience and pretty good work-life balance

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

The company did a pretty good job at work/life balance and provided me with good training in understanding this field.

Cons

Can be demanding at times, depending on the amount of clients.

Sub-Par Company, frustrating work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very authentic senior management, good benefits, mid size insurance company. Managed to survive financial crisis, but not immune to another crisis.

Cons

Very poor middle management, short term goals undermine long term core values of company. Uncompetitive compensation, at best suited for sub-par professions who want to sit for a few years. Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit. Waste of budgets every year, tv ads misrepresent internal company realities, but great marketing dept.

Disconnect between Senior management and employees. Problem is mid level management at manager and director level, abuse of power issues. Merit not rewarded, Lincoln would not approve. Outsourcing services and functions very short term benefits, long term risks.

Great benefits, but not great pay or advancement opportunity.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

401k program is excellent. Healthcare costs are pretty low.

Cons

Low pay compared to similar companies. Not a lot of advancement opportunities.

Lincoln Financial Group Photos