Lincoln Financial Group

Updated December 18, 2014
3.4

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass
Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent in some departments and completely non-existent in others (in 25 reviews)

• not much I can think of but a great benefits package (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization preaches work life balance but that's not true (in 8 reviews)

• not enough room for advancement (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A solid company with terrible politics.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is fair, though arguably lower than competition. Teams can be friendly, pretty talented workers, and respectable work/life balance and benefits. Stable company, as well, but a bit too complacent.

Cons

Extremely, extremely political. Expect to be shoved around by management and HR. You have to "fit" or you will not last. Double-standards across colleagues depending on if they like you or not, regardless of your work. Furthermore, technology is outdated, and the corporate office is far too corporate.

Employees are genuinely not happy, you will hear horror stories and politics, but people know HR is out to get them. Take a second look at equitable treatment, and this is coming from a current employee.

It is a job but it could be much better

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO and convenient location. Possibility of advancement if you know the right people. Opportunity to advance education

Cons

No employee input. No feeling for family lives. basically you are used for what you have to offer and when you ass no longer need you the particular job if they like you you can move if not oh well

Talk to frontline workers and get the real story!!

Worst company I have ever worked for.

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

They have a good 401K for the employees.

Cons

The training at this company is hands down the worst I have ever come across. In my opinion the customer service skills and processing needs to be completely revamped.

If you want a job where you can just "show up" everyday, this is the company for you.

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

The company is big on philanthropic efforts and building a connection with the community. Many development opportunities within the company and they make an attempt to move people around within the organization to find a position that fits them. 97% of the people seem very happy to be there everyday.

Cons

Like a lot of Corporate America, it is very cliquey, and if you find yourself on the outside looking in, you will find it very difficult to move vertically, and sometimes laterally, within the company.

LFD pay for performance, LFG overly cautious.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Flexibility and potential for advancement

Cons

Current division feels and acts like a start up with all the same start up headaches. Management and directional changes at the top literally flip flop every other year.

Learn the pros of a 3-5 year plan and stick to it.

company on decline

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

strong culture, good female advancement opportunities, great benefits package (although, sadly, that too began to decline in the later years.)

Cons

prior to jp merger & boscia leaving, the company was an excellent place to work. unfortunately, the 'dennis glass' era sadly leaves the company without a strong leader (unless you count fred crawford). read a transcript from the quarterly earnings call - the tough questions get bounced to fred, the ones where dennis can make up words such as "to de-risk", well, that says it all. the company actually moved backwards with the JP intergration, adopting old technologies from JP rather than try to roll THEM onto LFG's platforms.

good luck, folks. you're going to need it.

be congnizant of the number of times you say "uhm" on an earnings call. you sound silly. don't make up words. give fred more credit - he's the dick cheney of the organization.

LFG Financial Positions / Low part of the food chain.

Former Employee - Financial Clerk
    Former Employee - Financial Clerk

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

My boss was funny and there was unlimited amount of water to drink and there was nice coffee and tea.

Cons

However, even though the environment was fun there was no potential for growth.

The bosses treated us like we were workers and slaves.

I felt depressed while working here under these CFP

Please treat your customers with more respect.

There have been long needed Management Changes in 2010 at the local level

Former Employee - LTD Benefits Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - LTD Benefits Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Compensation
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Great people to work with

Cons

(may no longer be the case at the time of this review as the managers are no longer in place)

When I was hired I was asked if working overtime would be an issue; a reasonable person would interpret that to be occassional ;but for years this was weekly whether warrented or not.

Employees are significantly underappreciated- when goals are met the response is "higher higher" auditing is inconsistant scores seem somewhat based on whether you attempted to appeal findings from the previous auditing cycle.

Intimedating middle management- 1 talks down to employees and avoids contact if at all possible, the other makes unrealistic demands and as a result many employees are depressed and are ridden with stress related disorders/diseases

Horrible workforce planning - either made to work too much overtime or do 50 hours of work in 40 in which scenario work quality goes down but the reprimands of such are not taken into consideration with work load.

No consideration for work/life balance

The improvement advice would be primarily about employee treatment not really something management tends to concern themselves with in regards to the Atlanta office.

Analyst

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as a contractor

Pros

Nice team environment. Everyone worked very well together.

Cons

Description didn't match expectations. Hired on for a position that turned out to be something different.

Good Benefits, typical large corporation lack of bottom up engagement

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great talented, ambitious employees, competitive pay, good benefits.

Cons

Typical large corporation grind filled with corporate-speak circular thinking, no room for bottom up innovation.

There's really no point.