Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated April 17, 2015
247 reviews filtered by

1. Financial Representative Intern

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern

Pros

Moderate increase in knowledge of the financial industry

Cons

Was not given the opportunity to take on more important tasks

2. Good experience

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern

Pros

Gained a lot of experience. Met with many upper level employees.

Cons

Not very organized. Placement of interns was questionable

Advice to Management

Make sure meaningful work is available. If not pay a weekly "salary." Many days I had nothing to do after 2 pm and had to sit there until 5 to make the money I needed. Either provide more work/career building opportunities to fill time or pay the weekly salary. Doing so will encourage interns to work efficiently and avoid wasted time.

Retirement Plan Services

Former Employee - Retirement Consultant
    Former Employee - Retirement Consultant

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have a good 401k match, and most of the co-workers are good. Mostly remote employees. Lots of autonomy.

Cons

Low comp and outdated technology. Management doesn't respond to client issues with the firm, blames support staff. Losing lots of plans due to failed technology initiatives. Most of management has never worked anywhere else so they have a poor understanding of the competition.

Great for sales careers, support staff, not so much.

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

They have a fantastic benefits package and lots of upward mobility for sales staff.

Cons

Support staff kind of gets shortchanged when it comes to treatment in the hierarchy. Everything revolves around the sale of VAs.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally and show the support staff that they matter to getting the bottom line accomplished.

6. Intern

Former Intern - Wealth Management Intern in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Intern - Wealth Management Intern in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great people. They really put an effort into training and explaining anything you need. Internship was an unpaid position but overall it was great experience and worth it.

Cons

None that I could see from my position. Employees were given a good amount of time off and most fridays the whole team left early and went to happy hour.

7. Good Benefits, typical large corporation lack of bottom up engagement

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great talented, ambitious employees, competitive pay, good benefits.

Cons

Typical large corporation grind filled with corporate-speak circular thinking, no room for bottom up innovation.

Advice to Management

There's really no point.

8. Overall atmosphere of the company

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

not much I can think of but a great benefits package

Cons

Directors are horrible, they don't trust their managers! If you voice your concerns directors say you are whining. Directors and AVPs don't show enough support to other offices! How can you effectively run a office by coming into town once a month! Not enough job opportunities in the Atlanta office! The Omaha office thinks they are the center of excellence! The turn over is extremely high and the Atlanta off will be loosing more employees due to the work load! The organization preaches work life balance but that's not true! Brokers, sales reps, and account managers are rude and sometimes use bad language to managers. This company is so unorganized, no one knows who to go to for help!

Advice to Management

trust your managers, come up with a recognition program! Open up more job opportunities in the Atlanta office! Stop making your employees feel like they are stupid and invest in your people! I don't see how this company can be a fortune anything company

9. Overall a great company to start a career

Current Employee - BSA in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - BSA in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get real work and no matter your rank, you are heard. Work with some of the most amazing and hard working people you'll meet

Cons

No formal training, too much responsibility for one person at times, constant meetings

Advice to Management

Too many leadership and pm roles given to people without proper experience

10. Good benefits, horrible employee treatment

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Concord, NH

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. They offer a competitive 401k that matches up to 6% and contributes 4% without you doing anything (as of 2013). The health insurance is also inexpensive for 6 times your pay.

Cons

Most of the managers in customer service don't know how to manage properly, are too strict, and don't give you the proper tools to perform the daily job functions. Metrics are the main concern for them and anything outside of the scope of the optimal metric is counted against you.

Advice to Management

Customer service is the front line for your company. Treat them with the respect they deserve, pay them what they deserve, and provide the tools necessary for them to overcome every day obstacles.

11. My experience at Lincoln was extremely pleasant, fulfilling, and challenging.

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern

Pros

The office culture was very collegial. I was given meaningful work and real responsibility. My co-workers were friendly, responsive, and outgoing.

Cons

There was no formal training program. Everything I learned, I learned on the fly. Also, there were more down days than I expected. I often found myself without projects or work to do.

Lincoln Financial Group Photos