Lincoln Heritage

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jack Londen

Great Opportunity for Agent that is self motivated and works well without direction

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, good training, good field support, opportunity to make significant income,

ConsOut on your own too quickly, may go long stretches of time without income, have to pay for your leads, 50% of your income is lost to paying for leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more training for mid level group managers. Figure out a way to work new agents as a team.

MUCH harder than they ever let on!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHmmm....I guess the one pro I can think of is how quickly you get paid.

ConsMUCH MUCH HARDER than you think it could be. Came out of another profession and got my license to start with Lincoln. It all SOUNDS great, but then the REJECTIONS at the door are difficult beyond what you could expect. The leads are NOT receptive. The leads are EXPENSIVE and then when you don't close them they tell you that you shouldn't have lead tunnel vision and to door knock, presentations, etc. HOWEVER, when they do the training with the top producers all they talk about are how many leads they take!!!...which one is it...
    They highlight people in training that are doing $9000 AP....even with little experience I know they are taking home less than 1/3 and they make it to the "board " in the top 12....
    But I see how it all works....and I'm sure the manager that I'm under is struggling to get his group to perform and yes, some of them do, but the number is very small.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the company info and training. Stop highlighting the "super stars" and talk about the REAL difficult part instead of all the rah-rah at the meetings. It's not the 20/80 rule, more like the 10/250.

Happy Agent

Final Expense Agent (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsWonderful management. Company is very honest. Underwriting department very helpful and friendly. Great pay and product. Best insurance company I have ever worked for.

ConsJust don't like buying leads but who does..

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, but hard work

ProsGood management team and fast advances

ConsLeads are expensive, but try to build your own business so you dont have to use them.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work.

My expirence with Lincoln Heritage has been very informative.

Field Underwriter (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsI like helping people and the sense of satisfaction I get from it.

ConsNot everyone that I talk to can afford what they want/need, so I don't get paid,that's the reason I can't do that for a main source of income.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf thier is a way to become a salaried employee the job would be a "Great fit for me".

Mark Coleman Group-Blind leading the blind

ProsThis is a great place to work if you like going into debt for working.

ConsOverpriced insurance for seniors, low contracts, 2 year Vesting for your OWN COMMISSION, this place will literally put you in a worse place than if you were unemployed. The "manager" can terminate your contract at will the first two years of your appointment, at that point he will receive your future commissions and you will be forced to repay all of your lead debt, chargebacks, and EVEN ADVANCES ON BUSINESS THAT IS STILL IN FORCE. if not, they will VECTOR you and forever put a bad mark on your license. Terrible.

Advice to Senior Managementrecruit honestly,

DREAMS SHATTERED!

Producer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI don't have any pros to offer.

Motivation is offered based upon other people's success. Training is offered but not streamlined to make sure everyone gets EVERYTHING they need to succeed.

ConsDead Leads
    Emphasis on making money regardless of any logical reasons.
    Have to purchase leads by paying for them through your pay thru and 50% of commission.
    Have to maintain a minimum of sales to stay with the company

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to people about love and caring about making sure each person succeeds!

Worst place to work. run while you can!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy applications. That's about it.

ConsVery informal training, sink or swim type of job. Mostly cold calling, overpriced and bad leads. Many leads were cards sent back that people wrote "do not send these anymore", or "return to sender". Of course they sol charge their agents $32 each for those leads. Captive agency so they keep your books after they terminate you, unless you manage to make it there for 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't deceive your clients with the mailers, lower lead price, spend more time with your new hire agents. don't base your income on the residuals of the agents that you put in debt.

If your thinking of working with the Miles Group, watch your back... I worked there for 3 years before i had enough

Final Expense Agent (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFreedom to be out of the office and meet people which build your self confidence.

ConsThese people hug each on other and love on each other but stab each other in the back every chance they gets. The managers and employees want you to feel you can talk to them when your down and when you do, they run to the boss and throws you under the bus. And the big boss has his pets and fools around with his female employees. Everyone knows this and just still smiles their big smiles at him and kisses his behind like hes a god. Very bad for company moral. Making real money is hard here. The managers make all the real money while the agents hump it like dogs. Hard to always make ends meet this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at what is going on at this place.

Don't even waste time at the Export, PA office

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Export, PA

ProsIf you see a pro being part of a cult.

ConsExpensive leads! You are told it's your fault if you don't sell your leads. You are busting your butt to make a few people rich. It looks like you are making money at first, but wait till all of your business starts falling off because there are better lower priced companies that replace your policies.
    Terrible experience. A bunch of druggies and cult members!
    FCGS IS A JOKE! People can get it for $5 a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your agents learn how to really help people!

Worked for Lincoln Heritage? Contribute to the Community!