Lincoln Heritage

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.7

Jack Londen

Pros
  • Home office support is the best I've ever experienced in over 15 years of financial services (in 3 reviews)

• Most agents that talk bad about the direct mail leads probably don't follow the proven system (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Leads are expensive, but try to build your own business so you dont have to use them (in 4 reviews)

• Leads are misrepresenting , lead cost 30 to 40 and only 1 out of 6 close (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Invest in yourself!

Current Employee - Agent in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Agent in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Just like many things in life, you're bound to receive a mutually exclusive result of which you're willing to place in effort for yourself. I've worked in the industry for a number of years and wrote business with a plethora of other companies, most very conservative in their underwriting. At LHLIC not only can you help more families than you likely would anywhere else, their leads are not competed for (they are exclusive to LHLIC's own marketing), underwriting is exceptionally easy, and you get paid on your cases extremely quickly.

I find that when other agents have failed it was because they weren't willing to put in the work, they could learn the skills, or they needed someone else to keep them accountable. If you're a self motivator and would like to have real control over how much income you'll make, as well as being able to have a great impact on Many fantastic families, this could be a great opportunity for you. I have introduced quite a few new agents who have succeeded with Lincoln Heritage.

Cons

If you're not willing to do the work and to invest in your own success.. go become a team member for State Farm or Farmers Insurance. You MUST learn your industry and know your offerings. I suggest you learn your competition as well and be efficient with your time. If you're not presenting to prospect, you're not making money.

Be more selective on those you initiate the opportunity with and invest in training only those that have a passion to succeed and that have the talent.

Leads are trash...but it's my fault...let management tell it.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage

Pros

Application process is easy and coverage is affordable...

Cons

A lot of leads don't come with phone #s so you have to do a lot of door knocking. Almost everything I've made has gone towards a HIGH lead balance and gas. I'm working in a city an hour away and my leads are never home. You actually visit each home about 5 times before you meet with somebody...my typical day is about 20 doorknocks and maybe two presentations if I'm lucky. Out of 77 leads I've actually seen about 20 people and I've had 7 sales. Yet to management it's my fault people aren't home or are saying they're not interested when I knock on their door unannounced because they didn't answer when I called. This ground and pound approach is getting old...Fast!!! You get advanced 75% of your 70% commission and they take 50% of that if you have a lead balance on every sell.

Leads are far too expensive for the results they yield...

Great company to work for !

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employees and management. Caring, knowledgeable people. Good company benefits. Ability to move between departments and work flexible hours. Great company values and communication throughout the organization.

Cons

Extremely low pay for the industry. Advancing to managerial roles can often take years as many employees stay with the company for upwards of 10 year.s

Management at Lincoln Heritage is truly great but more coaching opportunities would be helpful for employees who want to excel and move up to management positions in the future.

RUN AWAY WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Former Employee - Final Expense Agent in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Final Expense Agent in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Lincoln Heritage

Pros

Easy under writing. fast advance on comissions

Cons

overpriced under quality leads. barely any training. managers don't care about your success. they bank on hiring a bunch of agents for short periods of time. you don't get to keep your business until 2 years of working there, most people don't make it 6 months so the managers make a lot of money off the agents hard work. very bad quality leads at $32 a pop. also you have to go door to door. best of all when you quit they send you a bill for all the commission advances that they paid you, even though they are keeping all of your business and those policies are still active.

be honest and dont bank on your agents failures

expensive lead system

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Lincoln Heritage

Pros

Large population of people who need final expense life insurance.

Cons

Many low income people without checking/savings accounts that are required to allow monthly premium payments for purchases to be deducted from. Also, leads were generally in ghetto, high crime areas. Watch your back!

Determine methodology to confirm the expensive leads prior to visiting.

Many Promises, Few Deliveries

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage full-time

Pros

A good place to get started in the insurance business. They do a lot of training

Cons

Unresponsive management. If you pray at meetings, back up what you say and don't make financial promises you can't keep. Conference calls are sometimes unnecessary.

Keep promises. Be responsive

Great Company if you work and listen!!

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage

Pros

Paid fast Paid on time WORKHARD AND LISTEN KEY AND THEN THINGS START TO HAPPEN VERY POSITIVE COMPANY.

Cons

CHARGE BACKS LEADS EXPENSIVE they need cut that down but business is business right?

None good people!!

Not what I was sold

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage

Pros

I don't have any. Training is not sufficient to make sure you have a solid plan of action before you start meeting clients.

Cons

Hard to connect with experienced agents to get field exposure to the process. Leads were expensive and produced nothing.

Partner new agents with seasoned agents with a proven successful plan.

Great company, great opportunity

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great income and great people

Cons

Leads are recycled way to many times

Stop the lies and be staight with the opportunity

The Regionals runs foul and LH turns a blind eye. No Guide lines!!!

I have been working at Lincoln Heritage full-time

Pros

Everything is fine while you are working there and then you leave and you are all of a sudden the traitor and they are very unscrupoulous!!!

Cons

Leads and Regionals have way too much control over your Income..and the home office will go along with whatever sanctions these Greedy sobs say

Do not give Managers full control, Agents earn what they work for. Have a SOP and punish the greedy regionals for violating them. Agents need better representation without retailiation.