Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wonderful

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center (more than 5 years)

Pros

teaching hospital with many skills to learn, trauma hospital

Cons

better staffing, more teaching

Good people, facilities lacking at times

Former Employee - Technician in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Technician in Bronx, NY

I worked at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual atmosphere for the hospital workers, clinical staff is much more hectic as you'd expect. Good people, genuinely friendly and helpful. Diverse cultures

Cons

Can encounter lots of red tape. If people with lackluster attitudes and low motivation bothers you, don't look for employment here.

Try to be more concerned with the satisfaction of your employees, not necessarily just the bottom line. Happy people do better and more efficient work.

Good place to gain experience

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good opportunities to gain experience since this hospital is an educational hospital

Cons

Language barrier - most of patient speak only Spanish (most of them don't even know simple word in English)

Nursing management

Seasonal Clerical

Current Employee - Clerical Associate in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Clerical Associate in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

the staff was really nice

Cons

location was not the best neighborhood

Never a boring day:

Current Employee - Children's Crisis Specialist in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Children's Crisis Specialist in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Every day I encounter something new at my job. Types of patients that walk in are varied and interesting.

Cons

Each day usually starts the second you walk in. It is an extremely fast paced environment and most days it is hard to completely finish what you started. Very few moments of repose. First responder job so no matter what is going outside of the hospital door you MUST be at your job.

It's really awesome,the management at the hospital are very very nice and provide very conducive environment for working

Current Employee - Certified Sterile Processing Technician in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Certified Sterile Processing Technician in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

because each and every individual is treated well

Cons

we need more instrument and trays to work with

keep on with the good works

Lock of Possibilites

Former Employee - Varied in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Varied in Bronx, NY

I worked at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Lincoln Hospital, if given the opportunity, you may be able to advance your career at a different level; it is a big company with many resources. This company also offers average benefits.

Cons

Lincoln Hospital, according to what I saw in the various departments I worked, has a hostile environment; people usually act as a robot, most managers are like Gods, they do not talk to anybody, and most of the time, do not even answer back when you say good morning. There is a total absence of a team player environment.

To be more human and less superficial working with people, and to update some working techniques that are very obsolete in some departments.

The employees are very friendly

Current Employee - Health Administrator/Special Project in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Health Administrator/Special Project in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

To assist offer medical services to the community

Cons

I never experience any downsides

Should work hard to be the number hospital in the New York and in the country

Interned at a place that part of a bigger network in NY's health system in an area that is socioeconomically challenged

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Bronx, NY

I worked at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Calm environment full of a wide range of people

Cons

when you come to the hospital there is a lot of people just surrounding the area, especially people running flea market type booths. Even so, there is always people, just by walking around the area.

As a hospital in a predominantly Hispanic community, would like to see more programs for education and communication between hospital staff and community.