Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Nanci Bell

Pros
  • Positive work environment and inspiring coworkers (in 7 reviews)

• It's great one-on-one teaching experience with all types and ages of students (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The stress and demands run exceedingly high, despite the low pay (in 9 reviews)

• Clinicians are exploited- the parents pay (in 8 reviews)

1. Working as a clinician

Former Employee - Clinician
    Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time

Pros

Great training and good work atmosphere made for an excellent work environment.

Cons

Due to the nature of the business scheduling was a little inconsistent as it depended on amount of work available, and as it was only for the summer I wish there could have been more work with them

2. Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Clinician and Consultant
    Former Employee - Clinician and Consultant

Pros

Get to see lots of great progress for students. Coworkers are very nice.

Cons

Incredibly low pay considering what parents pay. Inconsistent schedule. Rude corporate management. Honestly, don't work here if you can avoid it.

Advice to Management

Pay workers more. Stop trying to cut worker hours. Change creepy aspects of culture.

3. Only good for a summer job as a Clinician.

Former Employee - Clinician and Office Manager
    Former Employee - Clinician and Office Manager

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive environment for lower level staff and great entry level work for college students who need a summer job.

Cons

The company does not care about employees, parents are charged $100+/hr while staff pay is only $12/hr, jobs go to family members of higher-ups, and management does not support staff's needs.

Advice to Management

Increase pay, treat employees like human beings, and bring the focus back to the magic of learning instead of making a sale.

5. Clinician

Current Employee - Clinician in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Clinician in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- help students make gains quickly - positive environment/coworkers - continued professional development/mentoring

Cons

- hours can fluctuate based on the time of the year or if kids are in school or on a break from school

Advice to Management

Marketing!! Let's get more students in here for these great services!

6. Clinician

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

Everyone is friendly and will help you out if you need it. Also the job is very fulfilling.

Cons

Lots of work. Some children are very difficult.

Advice to Management

Increase the wage to 16 dollars an hour.

Clinician/Mentor/Consultant

Former Employee - Various (See Title)
    Former Employee - Various (See Title)

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the kids! This job acts as a great boot camp for anyone interested in an educational and/or therapeutic field. I would recommend seasonal (i.e., summer) employment only, for college students or recent graduates.

Cons

A toxic, passive-aggressive culture is passed down through the ranks. The schedule in the off-season is unpredictable. Pay/benefits are not appropriate. Employee satisfaction is perhaps the company's lowest priority.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. There is huge turnover at every LBLP location I have worked at and/or been to, which negatively impacts everything from the quality of the students' instruction to the ability of employees to work effectively as a team. If employees felt respected, valued, and safe, this would not be the case.

8. Clinician

Former Employee - Clinician in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Clinician in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time

Pros

Co-workers are all great to work with. The students are great and many of them have learning difficulties or disabilities. It is great to see the students make progress with the systems Lindamood-Bell has in place.

Cons

Pay is low. It may be difficult to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Seek more to promote cllinicians

Instructor

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time

Pros

decent pay, pretty easy work if you like children, good location near the metro, office was in a great building, interesting clients

Cons

poor management, staff break room was eliminated during the summer to fit more student desks, no help for instructors with extremely difficult students

Advice to Management

Need to be much more involved in the work of the Instructors. Many more Bx intervention techniques need to be learned. I had one horrific experience where I was instructed to stay alone in a room with a child blocking the door so he could not escape while he threatened me in various ways. Management just told me to continue until my hour was over..

Worked at different sites and positions for over 3 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with children is incredibly rewarding Good summer job for college students

Cons

INCREDIBLY low pay. I have a Masters Degree and I had to fight my way up from $15/hr. They've recently increased rates but it doesn't come close to compensating for the amount of stress and energy that the job requires. Only a select few people are given full time non-salaried jobs (2-3 per center) and over summer they are the staff who are expected to just "get it done" while given NO support. The center directors are constantly looking for ways to cut costs & hours in order to get a bonus and the Consultants and Clinicians have to do all the work and pick up all the slack. Management is a joke and the company promotes those who play the corporate game or have a pretty face. The go-to response to any employee grievance is that there is no solution and that decisions are made "based on center needs".

Advice to Management

You must increase your pay rate and offer benefits if you want quality staff members. All the employees working in the corporate headquarters in SLO should see what it's really like to work in a center without so much visibility.

11. Loved it.

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very meaningful work. Good guidance and feedback throughout training process.

Cons

The overall goal is money making, which leads to low salaries and jam-packed work days.

RSS Feed </> Embed