Lindora Clinic Reviews

Cynthia Stamper Graff

1. LVN

Current Employee - LVN in Upland, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Upland, CA

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses! I have an amazing Regional in East Valley. I work in a flexible environment under a well educated Manager. I work with a great team. I have amazing clients who I have made a difference in their lives. I have time for my family and I don't go home feeling overworked!

Cons

More individual reviews performed for pay increases.

Advice to Management

Educate clinics to be one..... No more "this clinic does it different." Need ways for LVNs to complete CEUs instead of using their PTO.

2. LVN

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, friendly, employees assistance program, employee incentive programs, bonus checks

Cons

Low hourly rates, other than that, none

3. If you want to positively change as many lives as you can then YOU MUST work here.

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Rialto, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Rialto, CA

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A fun, inspiring, upbeat environment that I enjoy going to work.
    I have seen more success with wellness at this job then any other nursing job.
    Free program and huge discounts on products. I LOST ALL OF MY NURSING SCHOOL WEIGHT I GAINED.
    Family discounts.
    Good benefits including 401k
    Management cares about me and continues to educate me to be the best.
    Room for growth and great potential for LVN's.
    No nights and weekends.
    Paid holidays.
    This is not just a nutrition program, you will be taught psych and physiology. We change how people thing about food.
    My voice gets heard (by patients and by management).

Cons

Slightly less then average pay but the ability to earn a bonus that makes up for it. (Which we do every month).

Advice to Management

In the last year thing have really improved. Keep working in the same direction.

5. I LOVE My Job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

~ Great coworkers
    ~ Growth opportunity
    ~ Making a difference every single day
    ~ Opportunity to help others
    ~ I LOVE what I do and I love the people I work with every day!

Cons

~ Discontinued "employee gathering" type events though recently brought back annual Learning Festival.
    ~ Haven't had salary increases in a while (but see comment below)

Advice to Management

I've been with Lindora over 15 years and like any company during these past difficult years economically the company has struggled but it has pulled through with, from what I can see, very little impact to the employees (like other companies I've seen through the years). They did discontinue some of our benefits (direct deposit and 401k matching) and had to freeze annual increases but they just recently reinstated direct deposit and I can only imagine that anything else that was cut will be coming back again as well!

Lindora has GREAT people that work in the clinics and at the corporate office and I can't wait to see what the future for this company, and its employees, brings!

You can do better. Waaay better.

Former Employee - Clinic Nurse (RN)
    Former Employee - Clinic Nurse (RN)

I worked at Lindora Clinic full-time

Pros

It's true that there's no heavy lifting, no codes, no bodily fluids (usually), no nights, no weekends, and no 12 hour shifts. Unfortunately, the company uses this as a justification for why they pay their nurses so poorly.

Cons

Unless you are a relative, personal friend, neighbor, or have otherwise directly served the Stamper family in some capacity, don't even think of career advancement. No, seriously- as far as I could tell, one manager's only leadership attribute was that she used to babysit one of the Stamper kids! After several years working there as an RN, I was still making $45,000/yr. No-one has gotten raises in over five years. I took the exact same skills to a new employer and I now make $75,000/yr.-no nights, no weekends, no bedpans.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to market yourself as having a "...personal team of healthcare professionals who are experts in weight management and will provide the caring, one-on-one support you need to keep going, every day, every step of the way..." when you chase off the intelligent, dedicated and talented nurses with poor management and low pay. If you want to be "the best medically supervised weight loss program anywhere", then you have to be willing to support and promote good nurses with strong clinical skills. Oh, and it helps if you actually pay them a competitive salary, too.

Perfect for nurses who don't want to be nurses

Current Employee - LVN in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Lindora Clinic part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No infectious diseases, no nights, no weekends and no major holidays. Can't kill anyone

Cons

No raises in 7 years, full time employees cut to part time, direct deposit taken away, having to be sales driven not education driven patient care. You are required to sell $100+ an hour in order to get your hours. The "bonus" is a joke as they base any monies off of hours worked and they use this "bonus" as a way to pay less (not all clinics hit goal every month) being reminded I'm an "at will" employee makes me want to quit with no notice. There is a set uniform so sorry no cute scrubs. Getting to work short staffed on a regular basis burns you out. Management is a joke, any one who voices discern is promptly moved to a different location and/or has hours cut which in turn is like a forced quit. They love to hire a bunch of staff only to 6-12 months later lay them all off or cut the hours (4 hours a day at $17.50 an hour). Good luck using your pto, you're forced to find your own coverage. No one has had an annual job performance review in 6 years.

Advice to Management

Require some level of education in business. Internal promoting of those with ZERO education in business is asinine. Maybe we could bring back direct deposit and increase the pay the retain the loyal employees you still have.

Poor Management

Current Employee - LVN in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No weekends
    No major holidays
    Low risk as a nurse
    Free program
    Discount on labs and products
    Helping patients become healthy

Cons

poor management
    Over working staff
    No raises
    No reviews
    Retaliation against employees that go above management.
    Paid time off hours automatically being used to cover sick days without asking employee I they would rather be unpaid.
    Management enforcing rules that aren't in the employee manual.

Advice to Management

Properly train management team. It isn't all about money. Lots of employees feel that they are unfairly treated and not appreciated. They don't complain for fear of retaliation. Too many people in management positions that are friends making it a "gray area". Cost of living raises? Maybe?

Unpleasant working environment

Former Employee - LVN
    Former Employee - LVN

I worked at Lindora Clinic (More than 5 years)

Pros

No weekends or nigh shifts. Easy job as far as nursing goes take BP weight, draw blood and diet planning.

Cons

Sometimes required to do split shifts 630-1030 230-630, float to other clinics and use your hr lunch as travel time. Ask to work OT 830-630 but then made to take 1 1/2 hour lunch so you don't get more than 30min OT. Be scheduled a full shift only to have it cut. Pushed to sale products and make monthly $ goal otherwise threats to have hours cut more or even be transferred.Managers take advantage of being salary. They will cut hours so monthly bonus benefits them more since it's based off hours worked for the month. Lots of OSHA violations in the last 2 years.

Advice to Management

Managers are not up to standard of education for their title. Needs to be trained in HR policies especially in therapeutic communication, sexual harassment and hostile work environment. Should not have brand new or fairly new employees promoted to management who have no business education or the experience to run clinics. Very unorganized and unprofessional.

Ran by undereducated idiots

Former Employee - PC Manager
    Former Employee - PC Manager

I worked at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work as a meaningless temp job

Cons

management and HR department could operate the same if ran by monkeys

Advice to Management

What is the point

An era coming to an end.

Former Employee - Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping patients live healthier lives. Great team environment at the clinic.

Cons

Management is extremely lacking. They have let so many great people go because a certain leader does not "like" them. Because so many talented people have left, they are in a position of no leadership, no business knowledge and overall bad morale.

Advice to Management

Who was there when business was good? Most of those individuals were let go so not to pose a threat to a particular person. Stop hiring friends of friends and bring the talent back. Cut your weakest leak, yes it is at the top. It is sad to see this company going downhill, but not surprising.