Lindquist & Vennum

Updated May 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daryle L. Uphoff

The best company I have ever worked for!

Reception (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsEveryone at L&V was nice and supportive towards me. My managers always wanted to see me succeed. They were always available to talk to. I could ask them any question without being judged. If I had a concern, I felt I could trust them to share my concerns with them without fear of retaliation or punishment. My co-workers were positive and supportive and I learned so much while I was there. Even though it was only for 1 short year. I left due to moving out of the cities and the HR department told me if I ever needed to come back, to call and let them know. I left on the best terms. I have nothing bad to say about this company. It is by far the best job I have ever had!

ConsI have read some of the other reviews on here about Lindquist in regards to gossip and not being supported by management. I truly feel it's all in a persons attitude. If you don't like your job or co-workers, for whatever the reason, then you will more than likely have a bad experience and have nothing nice to say after you leave. I am not sure of these other employees experiences, but I got along with everyone and so my experience was awesome. Just like anywhere, there will be gossip. I never let the gossip get to me or feed off of it. I went in, did my job, got along with everyone and had the best experience ever!

Not the Best

Minneapolis, MN

ProsAverage salaries but raises low and do not keep up with the rising cost of benefits and the cost of living.

ConsEmployer is often arbitrary and unfair. A very hierarchal system in which support staff feel disrespected and abused. The management uses an ongoing excuse of "reorganization" to justify layoffs and terminations, but the only effect of the "reorganization" appears to be to line the pockets of the partners. I've heard it used to be a great place to work but the glory is in the past.

Opportunity for those who work hard and play their cards right.

Minneapolis, MN

ProsWork-life balance and flexibility.
    Barrier-free access to leadership.
    Associates are given opportunities to market and participate in the proposal/pitch process.
    Generally supportive attitude toward practice growth and developing new business.
    As a mid-size firm, Lindquist & Vennum is more nimble than AmLaw 100 firms. Change happens faster and we remain client-centric.

ConsIt's not unique to the firm, but teamwork comes hard for some (including senior partners) who have a eat-what-you-kill mentality.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Generally sub-par, mediocre lawyers

Lawyer (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsEasy hours, some genuinely nice people, decent technology in the office

ConsLots of gossip, cheap (no relocation expenses paid, takes a long time for reimbursement for meals/etc, pays below market), mediocre leadership, no intellectual drive, no push to be a leader in the legal community

Great until 2009 (after 28 years)

LAA (Former Employee)

Prosgreat sprit de corps for first 20 years

Consgossip allowed; new HR had no legal experience......HR mere pawns of management. No guts. Unwilling or unable to do the right thing, and stand up to unrealistic atty expectations. HR did not support LAA's as they should.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to LAA's; and listen to their side of issues.

Worked for Lindquist & Vennum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lindquist & Vennum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lindquist & Vennum CEO Daryle L. Uphoff. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Lindquist & Vennum employees.