Lindsay Corporation

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014
2.8

Rick Parod

Good. Solid company little room for advancement

Former Employee - Purchasing  in  Lindsay, NE
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Lindsay, NE

I worked at Lindsay Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid company with smart business sense, culture a little too rigid. Not allot of fun,

Cons

Very little room to move up if you are a female.

Stop being the good old boys club.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Panel Wirer  in  Hartland, WI
    Current Employee - Panel Wirer in Hartland, WI

I have been working at Lindsay Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Watertronics for just over 2 years now and am happy with my job. I have been treated well and plan to stay as long as possible.

Cons

Watertronics hires through temporary agencies and they wait a minimum of 3 months before they even consider you for direct hire.

Sometimes what matters most is people not money.

Great company that makes good products but the CEO is steering it only to make money for shareholders.

Former Employee - Product Support  in  Lindsay, NE
    Former Employee - Product Support in Lindsay, NE

I worked at Lindsay Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at the Lindsay location are down to earth, friendly, and actually care about your well being. Some of the finest people I have every worked with because they translate that attitude to the customers. The products produced have been some of the very best on the market thanks to the ideas of the original founders being carried out by present day employees.

Cons

Presidents and VPs will listen to your input but do little to nothing to address it if it involves change or improvement. Engineering is pretty much non-existent. It has become commonplace to contract an individual or firm to develop and build a product and then if a problem arises there is no one to easily contact to get a solution or changes enacted.

Some of the manufacturing equipment is from the 1970s and 1980s. Certain machines have lost the ability to create uniform products due to their age and there is very little reinvestment into infrastructure at the Lindsay location.

Reinvest in your company and your employees more frequently. Don't listen to employee suggestions for improvement and then do nothing to address or follow up with their concerns. Some of the original employees who had retired after 30-40 years with the company stated that working at Lindsay was "about the people." It's not about how rich you can get by playing ball with the CEO.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promise you stability, and lay you off. Management tells you many things, and nothing comes true.

Former Employee - Machine Operator  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Omaha, NE

I worked at Lindsay Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers on a non-managerial level have pride in their work.

Cons

Management in production occupations are not well trained. They use scare tactics like threats of write-ups when things on not going good on their end.

Don't bring people from stable employment back-grounds to your company to turn around and lay them off. You ask why they are looking for a job when they leave your organization. By hiring to lay-off you create gaps in unemployment that in my case would not be there had I stayed where I left to come and work for you.

few opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - Manager  in  Lindsay, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Lindsay, NE

I have been working at Lindsay Corporation

Pros

benefits package is good overall

Cons

Director level (+) positions are not posted internally and almost always are filled from outside. The Lindsay, NE location is in a town of 300 people and far removed from any major towns or cities. Training opportunities are few and far between.

Promote from within and develop young talent

Worked for Lindsay Corporation? Contribute to the Community!