Lindt & Sprüngli

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ernst Tanner

Lindt walks the talk with strong culture, values, collaboration, advancement opportunities and entrepreneurial spirit.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stratham, NH

ProsThe people are great - teamwork oriented and positive; we all work together to meet company goals. Opportunities for training/development and advancement - the company is growing rapidly. Lindt gives back to the community from "green" initiatives to working with the United Way and Autism Speaks. Lots of employee recognition - luncheons, pizza/ice cream parties, Lindt gifts and plenty of chocolate give-aways... people know they are appreciated and it comes from the top down.

ConsPotential challenges for those that do not seek to advance - it is a very fast moving and dynamic work environment where the scope/responsiblities continuously evolve in order to support the growing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support current talent and continue to provide training and development opportunities.

Great brand

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Stratham, NH

ProsGreat brand and products to support. It's easy to sell the product as everyone loves it. Lots of stores nationwide. Great benefits. 4 weeks PTO right away.

ConsLimited potential for growth in the corporate office. Unfortunately, it is one of the only CPG companies in the area and so everyone stays for a long time.

Far too much disconnected between expectations and reality.

ProsLindt offers a lot of great opportunities when it comes to certain aspects of the job. Compensation is great in terms of salary, at least when I worked for them. In the three years I worked for them, I was promoted from keyholder to assistant manager quite quickly. Good benefits and a fun place to work if you can ignore the downsides.

ConsThe disconnect between corporate expectations and the reality of working in the retail setting is HUGE. The executive offices make extreme limitations (cutting payroll during the holiday season) and still expect exponential growth without giving any sort of resources to their retail teams. Things like expecting the store to be spotless, but not giving the budget to purchase cleaning supplies is only one example. Or introducing a policy that is told to no one in the retail sector, enforced, and then forgotten about when they realize that it doesn't actually work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your managers. They see things from the trenches. And it is a whole different kind of perspective than what you see behind your desk and computer monitors. Also get an inventory system that actually works.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Arrogant Store Manager

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsFree chocolate
    Easy job
    Meet a lot of people great employees

ConsHours
    Pay
    Upper management always has excuses for poor performance
    DM was not professional
    High turnover rate

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining
    Before promoting make sure candidates are ready to move up

Results Oriented Culture

ProsMaintaining Lindt (USA)'s high growth rate is a priority which creates opportunity for self starters who thrive on using their creativity to attract new markets for our products

ConsEntrepreneurial spirit prevails over managing business processes

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and promote accountability

ReviReviewewR

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stratham, NH

ProsStrong brand recognition and a good quality product. National footprint and national and international sales. Large employer for the southern New Hampshire area. Company provides a decent wage for a day's work.

ConsUsual disconnect between executive offices and operations team. Top down management model. Weak support functions such as HR, IT and training. Clique like exec management offices. Questionable rules for advancement, very random promotions.

Decent Salary limited growth potential

Store Manager (Current Employee) Clinton, CT

ProsCan start off as a sales associate making 10.00-15.00/hr Store manager salary has vast differences between store locations can make 36,000-52,000/yr depending on previous experience running a sales oriented company

Conseach year the store manager's responsibility is to search for 500 new business locations to sell large quantities of chocolate to which proves to more very difficult through the years. Corporate does not spend the money to train and develop their employees. Thus leaving the managers and employees to not feel empowered to be able to advance to a higher position

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the most important asset a company has. Training and developing has a huge importance in making your business better.

great working environment

Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) Stratham, NH

Prosgreat working environment, co-workers are very nice and genuine, people are of good character and really want to help you with goals

Conssalary is not competitive, company is small so there's slower growth and areas to move around

Management chooses Quantity over Quality

Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) Stratham, NH

ProsGreat and highly qualified co-workers

ConsSome members of management are unscrupulous

Great Company

Store Manager (Current Employee) Birch Run, MI

ProsWork life balance, Quality product line, fun place to work, entrepreneurial attitude needed to be successful.

ConsN/A this is the best retail job that I have ever had!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into opening a store in Grand Rapids Mi.

Worked for Lindt & Sprüngli? Contribute to the Community!