Lindt & Sprüngli

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ernst Tanner

Lindt walks the talk with strong culture, values, collaboration, advancement opportunities and entrepreneurial spirit.

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are great - teamwork oriented and positive; we all work together to meet company goals. Opportunities for training/development and advancement - the company is growing rapidly. Lindt gives back to the community from "green" initiatives to working with the United Way and Autism Speaks. Lots of employee recognition - luncheons, pizza/ice cream parties, Lindt gifts and plenty of chocolate give-aways... people know they are appreciated and it comes from the top down.

ConsPotential challenges for those that do not seek to advance - it is a very fast moving and dynamic work environment where the scope/responsiblities continuously evolve in order to support the growing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support current talent and continue to provide training and development opportunities.

Arrogant Store Manager

Sales Assistant (Former Employee)
Rosemont, IL

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time for less than a year

ProsFree chocolate
Easy job
Meet a lot of people great employees

ConsHours
Pay
Upper management always has excuses for poor performance
DM was not professional
High turnover rate

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining
Before promoting make sure candidates are ready to move up

Results Oriented Culture

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMaintaining Lindt (USA)'s high growth rate is a priority which creates opportunity for self starters who thrive on using their creativity to attract new markets for our products

ConsEntrepreneurial spirit prevails over managing business processes

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and promote accountability

ReviReviewewR

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time

ProsStrong brand recognition and a good quality product. National footprint and national and international sales. Large employer for the southern New Hampshire area. Company provides a decent wage for a day's work.

ConsUsual disconnect between executive offices and operations team. Top down management model. Weak support functions such as HR, IT and training. Clique like exec management offices. Questionable rules for advancement, very random promotions.

Decent Salary limited growth potential

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Clinton, CT

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCan start off as a sales associate making 10.00-15.00/hr Store manager salary has vast differences between store locations can make 36,000-52,000/yr depending on previous experience running a sales oriented company

Conseach year the store manager's responsibility is to search for 500 new business locations to sell large quantities of chocolate to which proves to more very difficult through the years. Corporate does not spend the money to train and develop their employees. Thus leaving the managers and employees to not feel empowered to be able to advance to a higher position

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the most important asset a company has. Training and developing has a huge importance in making your business better.

great working environment

Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat working environment, co-workers are very nice and genuine, people are of good character and really want to help you with goals

Conssalary is not competitive, company is small so there's slower growth and areas to move around

Management chooses Quantity over Quality

Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat and highly qualified co-workers

ConsSome members of management are unscrupulous

Great Company

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Birch Run, MI

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time for less than a year

ProsWork life balance, Quality product line, fun place to work, entrepreneurial attitude needed to be successful.

ConsN/A this is the best retail job that I have ever had!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into opening a store in Grand Rapids Mi.

Sales Associate

Chocolate Advisor (Former Employee)
Riverhead, NY

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall, cozy environment/store, very diverse customer base

ConsIndividual stores feel alone in the company, very hard to communicate with corporate, lack of quality control (e.g. messy, broken shipments, boxes missing almost every time), holds on to the worst employees while letting go of hard workers, never sent/supplied us with the materials we needed on a daily basis (e.g. signs for new/existing product, sign holders, shelves, props for displays, etc.). Overall, not a great company to work for, very dismal.

Advice to Senior Managementtake the time to focus on the individual needs of your stores, or at least make it seem like you care rather than making it seem as if you created something and then left it on its own to either sink or swim.

Company uses employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood place to get free chocolate after it expires

ConsUses its employees all the time, afterwards it finds reason to terminate after they start to ask for days off to spend time with family. Just waiting for a mistake to get rid of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the right hand what the left is doing

Worked for Lindt & Sprüngli? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lindt & Sprüngli reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lindt & Sprüngli CEO Ernst Tanner. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Lindt & Sprüngli employees.