Lindt & Sprüngli Reviews

Ernst Tanner

1. Good company, great customera

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working with happy people and selling people chocolate = happy customers. It's a very straight forward job. Decent pay, good bonuses, PTO, and good benefits.

Cons

The worst part about this job is the hours but that's true for any retail job. I would also say the POS is a bit confusing. Upper management is very neglectful. Very little opportunities advancement

LISTEN AND RESPOND! There have been countless times I would reach out for help and never get a response. I would say they are basically nonexistent unless something bad happens.

2. Chocolate Advisor

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli

Pros

Fast growing and excellent customer service skills

Cons

They can be aggressive and the company lacks in communication

3. Stay AWAY

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

free chocolate, co-workers are all in the same boat, over-worked, salary is pretty decent

Cons

very cliquey groups, stay away from brand marketing unless you do not want to have a life. ZERO work/life balance.

train your managers before you have them manage others.

5. Little room for growth if not in New Hampshire Corporate offices.

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli

Pros

Representing a brand that has national recognition.

Cons

A lot of work with very little guidance or input from management teams.

Know that other CPG companies are always looking for good employees to recruit. Should address the high employee
    turn over rate.

6. analyst

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli

Pros

a fun product to sell

Cons

terrible management process, no training, old boys club, doesn't follow hr policy, people are allowed to follow which policies they want to follow and which they don't want to and it varies amongst employees with the same manager, they don't promote within, they just do magical chairs with the same people at the top, the people at the top don't even get along so its clear why sales, marketing, supply chain etc can't get along at any level, don't value employees and say it often, seriously have problems with women of authority, the culture is to shoot women down and keep them as admins as much as possible, great talent kept leaving because of poor culture,

do what you say you will do, promote within, train employees, follow hr policies, don't tout flexible work arrangement if you have no plan to follow through. work does not come first for all people and it should be recognized

7. Great Place to Work!

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli

Pros

The team of people who work here are amazing!

Cons

There is nothing that I would say is negative.

None!

Terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

The retail division is disorganized. Lack of communication at all levels.

Worst experience I have ever had

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High hourly and bi-weekly pay rate

Cons

Does not care about employees, only about making sales goal.
    Does not look within team for promotions.
    Excessive amount of work.
    Outdated registers and overall technology which drastically slowed productivity.

Listen to your employees

10. What started off wonderful...turned into a nightmare!

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Selling Chocolate is fun...stress free. Working with customers to find the pefect gift is alot of fun. Fair wage for a part time job, nice discount - can be a nice atmosphere depending on the staff at that location. Easy to restock store, do inventory & floor sets. Was a great company to work for when I first started - easy going, fun..it was honestly stress free - I loved going to work every shift.

Cons

No breaks, working double shifts alone - so no time to eat or use rest room. Going above and beyond and then getting treated like a immature teenager. Lack of postive support from the upper management / corporate. No incentive for making numbers unless you are a store manager/assistant manager. Part time employees who work on the floor don't get rewarded for making goals. Turn over is very high - newer employees not properly trained on the product so customers get frustrated with the wrong information. Over the last year things have changed so much and it is awful to the point that I gave up all together. It got to the point either quit or get fired. Upper management is not held accountable for their actions ever and are allowed to treat employees like dirt.

Only make someone a DM who has actually run a store and knows the functions involved. Promote from within more - it seems that new managers/DM are always from outside of the company. Look into the very high turn over rate in the company and ask yourself why. Train DM's to treat all employees with respect and not talk down to them no matter what their level of employment. Every level down to advisors plays a key role in the running of the store. Relax on the dress code policies - all of them not just the color of the shirts - guess what people have tattoo's now and paint their nails - crazy times we live in!

Far too much disconnected between expectations and reality.

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lindt offers a lot of great opportunities when it comes to certain aspects of the job. Compensation is great in terms of salary, at least when I worked for them. In the three years I worked for them, I was promoted from keyholder to assistant manager quite quickly. Good benefits and a fun place to work if you can ignore the downsides.

Cons

The disconnect between corporate expectations and the reality of working in the retail setting is HUGE. The executive offices make extreme limitations (cutting payroll during the holiday season) and still expect exponential growth without giving any sort of resources to their retail teams. Things like expecting the store to be spotless, but not giving the budget to purchase cleaning supplies is only one example. Or introducing a policy that is told to no one in the retail sector, enforced, and then forgotten about when they realize that it doesn't actually work.

Listen to your managers. They see things from the trenches. And it is a whole different kind of perspective than what you see behind your desk and computer monitors. Also get an inventory system that actually works.