Line 6

Be The First To
Add Photos

Line 6 CEO Paul Foeckler

Paul Foeckler

Used to be great then not so much.

I worked at Line 6 full-time

ProsGreat staff. Lots of fun. Very progressive.

ConsManagement doesn't communicate well. Too much turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your instincts instead of counting on analytical data to make every decision. Your company got there by leading, not following.

If you value your career don't work here.

Administration (Former Employee)

I worked at Line 6 full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCasual environment, good culture, laid back, innovative on their products fun environment.

ConsNo room for growth, management forgets the main factor for success is maintaining good employee. Too much bureaucracy. Too many politics and plays favoritism. There is no open door policy actually although they promote it to the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee management and eliminate operating the business like a Mom and Pop.
The upper management needs to review what the mid level management is doing.

no comment

I worked at Line 6 full-time for more than 10 years

Proslocal wholesaler with high tech products hiring experienced engineers

Conswas a growing technology now too competitive and not meeting evolution of industry. too much influence by original owners with emotions of a Mom/Pop company.

Advice to Senior Managementtop heavy, too may VP's and not managers/supervisors. Who really does the day to day glut of work that powers to functions of the company

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Physically, mentally, and emotionally tired of the extraordinary epidemic dysfunction.

I have been working at Line 6

ProsThese are fleeting at an astonishing rate. Line 6 used to be an incredibly fun place to work, attracting passionate, creative, super-star talent in the music world.

ConsMorale is at its absolute worst. blame game is constant. The new CEO lacks ANY experience running a company and that inexperience is running what is left of the company right into the ground. Politics are painfully forefront and horribly disrupting progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best talent is leaving, or being forced out. No advice can be given to that which can not be reasoned with.

Great Future Ahead

I have been working at Line 6 full-time

ProsVisionary products; new leaders changing bad process and practices; passionate employees; fun atmosphere

ConsResource challenge; poor IT systems and tools for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementModernize the operation so your employees can be more efficient

interesting place to start in the music industry not a lot of room to advance in it though.

I have been working at Line 6 full-time for more than a year

Prosgood discount
good ideas
innovative products
employee's are nice

Conspoor pay
management doesn't seem to have it together
Poor internal communication
some of the employees don't seem to know what they're doing
manufacturing problems that never seem to be resolved

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking everything you're suppliers give you. Raise your quality expectations and push that through to you're manufacturing instead of bringing it down on the people that are trying to fix what your manufacturers have screwed up.

Was once a great place to work. Now a sad shell of its former self.

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Line 6 full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere are still some good, hard-working, talented people there. Being involved in music is a plus. The company parties used to be a lot of fun. Salaries are competitive. Decent benefits. They still make some good entry-level gear.

ConsCompany re-organizations and new marketing management every 1-2 years. Very top-heavy company, way too many managers. Board of directors focus on revenue growth at the expense of quality, innovation, and customer service. Many of the original innovators that were responsible for their early successes have either left or have been driven out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent problems are not due to the economic downturn. Low morale wasn't created by poor sales. The focus on growth at the expense of quality, innovation, and customer service isn't an inspiring or motivating message to employees. Start treating employees with respect, avoid passive aggression. Stop outsourcing so much engineering work to China. Add more people to your customer service team. Don't release products until they are truly complete. Ditch the top-heavy layer of senior management. Listen to the people who actually do the work.

Don't work here if you value your career

Administration (Former Employee)
Agoura, CA

ProsCasual work environment
Work functions have alcohol onsite

ConsHorrible management
HR Director has a problem with women
Heavily male dominated company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe whole HR Department needs to be cleaned out. Including the VP of Administration & HR. They've single-handedly restructured the company so many times that if the restructure didn't work the first three times then you have to look at the people doing the restructuring. You can hire the best engineers and sales people in the world but that will not save the company from failing because of politics and HR sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. How can HR be objective to policies when the VP of Administration is the Co-founders wife? Line 6 might be a large company but their problems are as if they're still a small company.

Great ideas, poor management

I worked at Line 6 full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSo many great ideas floating around, and people who love what they do and want to put out amazing products.

ConsManagement is incredibly top-heavy and seems to not want to face reality on projects. They will push engineering and other departments to incredible degrees to get products out, more so than any other employer I've been with.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a new way to scope projects and hire some more help!

Company has lost sight of its vision statement. Too many chiefs!

I worked at Line 6

ProsDiscount benifits on music gear.
No dress code.
After work jam sessions and quarterly company sponsored parties.
Location to San Fernando valley.

ConsWith the downfall of the economy, the company has lost sight of its vision and it is reflected in how the employees are treated.
With the lose of thier vision, the creativity and interaction amongst the teams has been stifled to a point that they are not motivated to produce anything inovative.
Company is way too management heavy at this point.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim the fat and remember what it was that made this such a magical company to work for in the past. Incourage the creativity of the teams. Look closer at the teams that have had the bigest turnover in employees over the last few years, good chance it was not the employees that left or were let go that are the problem, just may be a management problem because it is the only common factor. With that said, best of luck to you guys and I hope you can turn it around for those that are still there.

Worked for Line 6? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Line 6 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Line 6 CEO Paul Foeckler. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Line 6 employees.