Linear Technology

Be The First To
Add Photos

Linear Technology CEO and Director Lothar Maier

Lothar Maier

Great place for analog circuits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you want to work with some of the smartest people in the field of analog circuits, this is the place. There are top notch engineers all around and everyone is doing challenging and educational work. You have a lot of individual responsibility for your own project. Flat hierarchy with high employee retention. Rewarding profit sharing program and paid sabbatical.

ConsThe benefits package is a bit lacking (no vision insurance). Stingy corporate culture; the company is reluctant to spend money on computers and lab equipment. Minimal vacation days.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less stingy with money for lab equipment and offer more paid time off.

A Mixed Bag (Like Almost Anywhere)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLinear has some incredibly talented employees and there are many opportunities to learn if you search for the right mentors.

ConsThere are some not so talented employees making it important that you take the effort to find those who can help you grow. Leadership also varies wildly between groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to differentiate the treatment of your excellent and not so excellent employees.

Very Good for very technically oriented

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsVery technically oriented. Good profit sharing. High morality standards.

ConsCan be very technically demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementLinear prides itself on sharing the wealth by telling employees that pay consists of salary + profit sharing + stock. But senior management and key employees also have performance and other bonuses. This seems unfair.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to be

ProsWell managed Company, great respect for people, smart management, no politics … just biz oriented, focus on profit

Consnone, everything is perfect as it is

Advice to Senior Managementkeep going this way

Associate Design Engineer (Lab Super-Tech)

Associate Design Engineer (Current Employee) North Chelmsford, MA

ProsLove it. Designers are very smart and good to work for. No politics, no games, no bulls***. Management focuses on high value, long life, high performance parts and has a long view. What a refreshing change from other short-sighted tech companies! Yes, there have been shutdowns but it sure beats getting laid off or working insane hours like most other companies handle downturns. A very broad based product line is also a pleasure to work with, it means there is no such thing as one big stumble that kills the company. I've learned a lot here and never want to leave.

ConsNone. This is as good as it gets.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up guys, I want to retire from LTC.

Great company

Layout Designer (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsEverything about this company is a pro.

ConsThere are no cons to this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

A great company for engineers.

(Current Employee)

ProsExperienced colleagues, profit sharing, partial reimbursement for education, well-managed 401k.

ConsNo complaints. The company is well-managed and the people are good. There have been layoffs in the past, but the work force is stronger today because of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Love it.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) North Chelmsford, MA

ProsThis is a great place to work. The focus is on making the best product and offering the best support. Financially, profit sharing twice a year and sabbaticals every five years help to make this a great place to work.

ConsSince this is a great place to work and it seems that few people leave, at times it may be difficult to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't retire.

Industry-leading OTJ in Power Electronics

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsCompany is very conservatively run with predictable and stable performance even in tough economic times as these. Highly intelligent, capable, and experienced R&D/factory engineers interface with industry-best global field sales teams. Business units and shallow internal hierarchy fosters easier inter- and intradepartmental cooperation.

ConsBase compensation is sub-par, sometimes leading to lowered morale & motivation. Benefits and amenities are seen as mediocre, with the occasional accusation of the company being "cheap" at the expense of comfort and even functionality.

Amazing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsResults and income are tightly related

ConsVery flat org and noone leaves so very little advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Linear Technology? Contribute to the Community!