Linear Title

Nick Liuzza

Good Starting Job

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Though I have not been with Linear long, I have already had a lot of opportunities for learning different aspects of the industry and thorough training provided from the ground up by very knowledgeable management. Friendly coworkers and management. Relaxed schedule and dress code. Fast paced environment. Hard work has been recognized and appreciated.

Cons

Not much to say here, except that though I have enjoyed having very diverse projects, none of them have been as challenging as I might like.

Interesting look at the title insurance industry

Former Employee - Title Curative Specialist
    Former Employee - Title Curative Specialist

I worked at Linear Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, relaxed environment, very nice break room, department managers are approachable, cubicles are pretty specious (for cubicles). Computers work well, IT is available to promptly help setup and maintain computers.

Cons

Proprietary software tends to act up, bit of a steep learning curve, parking lot could use some better lighting at night, entry way needs better salting during the winter. Clothing policy needs to be communicated better.

Maybe spending less on flat screen TVs that are kept to a minimum volume
    Better salting of the entry way & parking lot during the winter
    The CEO may want to walk around the various departments and talk to the rank & file

Most important: Do a MUCH better job of handling layoffs. It's not professional (or even polite) to set up a "meeting" with a bunch of employees together just to hand off lay off notices at once. Sure, it might be more efficient, but it's also compassion-less.

Lower your expectation

I worked at Linear Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy job. Some nice co-workers.

Cons

Extremely low pay, mundane non-fulfilling work, management promotes friends over talent, employees are denied formal reviews.

RUN FROM THIS PLACE!

Former Employee - Closing Specialist in Middletown, RI
    Former Employee - Closing Specialist in Middletown, RI

I worked at Linear Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If fearing the loss of your job daily due to poor management is a pro then this place is good for you

Cons

No one has knowledge of the industry
    Pay is low/management is poor

Get out of the high school clique mindset and think of ways to better your company

Decent starting company

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young company, fun employees, personally liked my management.

Cons

A lot of random drama to watch out for. Tried to become to strict too fast and a turn and burn company.

Linear Title is an excellent company providing excellent service and plenty of opportunity

Current Employee - High Level Manager in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - High Level Manager in Middletown, RI

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very strong process, incredible technology and highly automated. They provide training and promote from within. Virtually all of our managers (including me) have been moved up through the ranks. Many have been promoted and taken jobs in CA, NV and UT. When you are based in RI and your largest states are CA and TX then that speaks volumes to the type of company you work for.

Cons

Its not really an Con, but you need to be on your game to be promoted.

Keep Growing Linear and the Linear family of companies.

Baffling business practices, feels like high school again

I worked at Linear Title full-time

Pros

Fast-paced environment, good overview of many aspects of title industry, lunch truck on site and periodic lunch purchases for departments.

Cons

Lack of or substandard training. Employees frequently fired or demoted with no warning. Micromanaged, yet job expectations are extremely vague. Very strong atmosphere of distrust and backstabbing. Encourages mediocrity and toadyism, as those who are friends of managers are untouchable, where all others can expect to be thrown under the bus. Hard work is generally not rewarded, unless you're "in" with the brass. "Opportunities" tend to be lateral moves across departments, with no concurrent improvement in employee condition.

Favoritism and secret-keeping are rampant and obvious, and that is hurting company morale. Developing clear training standards and giving employees a review of their shortcomings (and thus an opportunity to correct them) rather than simply firing them would help decrease errors, limit profit loss from continually training new hires and greatly improve production efficiency in the long run.

Good Old Boys Club - Their Way Or The Highway - CEO is a Moron, Goofball - hit on me

I worked at Linear Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good technology, fast paced, bring in lunch

Cons

Sweatshop, fire without warning, no female management, male managers treat females like dirt

Get samrt