Linfield College

Updated October 16, 2014
3.8

CEO

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love my work, love my co-workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

I have been working at Linfield College full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits for employees with children. I took advantage of the Tuition Remission program for two of my children. Also good retirement benefits and satisfactory health benefits. Personal time off is generous; I always have time off when I need it. (If my workload allows).

Cons

The workload is too much. The expectations of salaried employees is too high, at least in the department I work in. I rarely work less than a 50 hour week and during certain times of the year I work 60+ hours a week; making it difficult to balance life with work.

I would appreciate a more balanced workload. This could be achieved by better technical tools and training.

Phonathon. Called recent alumni asking for donations.

Former Employee - Phonathon in McMinnville, OR
    Former Employee - Phonathon in McMinnville, OR

I worked at Linfield College part-time

Pros

Taught me how to cold call. Good incentives for getting donations. Everyone is happy to work with you and help you succeed.

Cons

In the beginning you get stuck calling recent alumni that have just graduated and are still paying student loans. Sometimes you end up calling people who got kicked out of the school. Cold calling isn't always fun.

Student Work

Former Employee - TEACHERS ASSISTANT in McMinnville, OR
    Former Employee - TEACHERS ASSISTANT in McMinnville, OR

I worked at Linfield College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are friendly and it is easy to find people to talk to to get your questions answered. There is a range of opportunities and if you have a relationship built with faculty then it is easy to find the job that is right for you.

Cons

It seems like there is always something going on with payroll and it can sometimes be hard to get paid you have to check back a few times. They guarantee more students jobs then they actually have vacancies for.

Difficult for sutdents, becoming an RA and continuing to work with Linfield every year can make it easier to get a job after.

Great college in an idyllic setting.

Former Employee - Director of Prospect Research in McMinnville, OR
    Former Employee - Director of Prospect Research in McMinnville, OR

I worked at Linfield College

Pros

This is a terrific school.

Cons

The location of the campus is somewhat isolated. There was a very limited budget for fundraising.

The college needs to invest more in fundraising.