LinkShare Reviews

33 reviews filtered by
3.1
LinkShare CEO Yasuhisa "Yaz" Iida
Yasuhisa "Yaz" Iida

1. Great place to work, right now, though the company can change its vibe quickly based on direction from parent company.

I have been working at LinkShare full-time

Pros

Great on the job perks. Weekly lunches, parties every few months. company values the culture. Work life balance is good as well.

Cons

Compensation not in line with market rate.
    Upper-management does not provide clear vision.
    Employees are not appreciated for their work.

Advice to Management

Take a look at what the employees are being paid, and then look at the market rate that is. Don't just say you are empowering your employees, actually do it.

2. Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at LinkShare full-time

Pros

Employees are rewarded for hard work - ability to move upwards, merit based salary increases and bonus eligibility. Also, given that Rakuten LinkShare is expanding globally, there is opportunity to move and grow internationally with the company, or even move laterally within other Rakuten US based companies. Employees also receive some office perks, such as catered breakfast and lunch once a week. Account team also travels for on site client meetings, which can be pretty cool depending on the retailer one is visiting.

Cons

Salary is not competitive in SF or NY, the work can get mundane after awhile, high turnover rate for these reasons.

3. Great company & great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LinkShare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a really exciting company to work for plus we have catered breakfast on Wednesdays and lunch on Fridays. These perks along with great benefits and great people make this place awesome!

Cons

None really. We get all the bank holidays off! It's great!

Advice to Management

Continue to strengthen the company culture.

Go get yourself another job

I worked at LinkShare full-time

Pros

Good start for if you are new to the business

Cons

Terrible management has no clue what is going on. Daily huddles and weekly meetings to let others know how busy you are. Keep track of everything you do

Advice to Management

Try to pay better for your employees

Not great, but I had a poor manager.

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at LinkShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting industry with lots of nice people who are enthusiastic about what they do. Also, given the online aspect, it is an innovative company with a unique business offering and lots to learn

Cons

Not a very good learning atmosphere for my personal experience. My boss left me to my own devices after two weeks and never gave me the opportunity to understand my role. However, I know other people who had a better manager and a much better experience.

Advice to Management

Make sure to know who your managers are--just because they are good at their job doesn't mean they are good supervisors or good with people

7. Great introduction to online e-commerce

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkShare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Backbone of internet e-commerce; work with premier advertisers; understand multiple internet business models

Cons

job growth is limited; good amount of turnover; company culture could improve

I love working here

Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkShare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It seems that reviews on Linkshare are sparse- so I will try to be very thorough. I very much enjoy working at Linkshare. First of all, the company as whole tries very hard to be positive, to keep employee morale up, and to foster a fun environment to work. We have group outings (paid for by the company), karaoke nights, tons of office parties, and many have been known to break open a bottle of wine in the office on Fridays. It's seriously a fun place.

If fun isn't your thing- Linkshare also has great people. You end up working with some of the nicest, friendliest folks you can imagine. They love to work but they don't foster annoying competitiveness, and they never put each other down. I can say its truly a team environment. My bosses are very understanding- they allow us to talk to them about any concerns we might have, they ask us about our career path, how they can help us grow, and always keep their ends of the bargain. We are often able to work from home, we get tons of vacation time, we get to go home on time most days (of course every job has busy seasons), and on the whole, I'd say work-life balance is a huge priority. I feel at home here.

Another plus- at Linkshare, you can pretty much build your own job. If you decide you want to do something, and you pitch it to management, they will likely tell you to go for it. They will pay you to do it, and they'll support you along the way (as long as its actually something the company does of course). I know several people here who came up with great ideas, and now head up their own departments. Of course, they put in their time at the company (this didnt happen for them in one year) but they are definitely benefiting.

Cons

On the downside, there are some drawbacks. It's hard to grow at Linkshare if you have certain types of jobs. The company will often hire people from outside rather than promoting from within, which can be frustrating. I have seen people promoted from within, but I have also seen them hire from outside. I know company employees get very frustrated about that.

Another downside is the holiday schedule. Linkshare's busiest time of year is the holiday season- so don't expect to be "off" for christmas. Even though you are technically not in the office, your client can and will call you at any given time. That would be another hard thing about working at LInkshare. The point of our job is to please our clients, and its often difficult. Clients can be demanding (in any job) and they aren't very nice. I do feel defended by my bosses, but sometimes you just get caught in the line of fire. On those days, its hard to work here.

Another downside- it seems that there arent too many company-wide standards at linkshare. All departments run differently, so some departments may be benefiting in ways that others aren't. For example, in my department working from home is frowned upon. In other departments, employees work from home 3-4 days per week. It's really all dependant on your supervisor and his/her style. But it can be frustrating to watch others enjoy these perks, while you're not able to.

Advice to Management

Communicate better inter-departmentally. Give employees room to move up within the company and help them do it.

Great co-workers, great job for new graduates, nice location, management needs to improve

Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkShare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work on cutting edge technology and tools. There is good documentation and constant review of standards and processes. Location is great. The NY office is located by Union Square park and there are lots of great places to eat nearby. You get to work on interesting projects and industry leading products, platforms as well as with project teams that are comprised of smart and motivated co-workers.

Cons

Management is constantly scolding staff in front of other co-workers during and after meetings. There is too much micromanagement from leadership. Promotions are limited within the tech teams. There is a high turnover rate due to employee dissatisfaction and ability of staff to find better opportunities elsewhere. Salary is below industry standards although it has improved recently due to improved IT market conditions.

Advice to Management

Stop micro management and trust your staff to make important decisions. Identify ways to improve communication with teams. Improve staff recognition and reward overall contributions and successes.

A great company to work for...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company hires smart, friendly and professional people; a diverse group. It's an environment that fosters growth. The company places importance on empowering their employees. In fact, it's part of the mission statement. It's good to know that the company's values align well with my own.

The leadership team (including C-level execs) take the time to interact with all of their employees. They encourage their employees to participate and suggest ideas; so, there's plenty of opportunities to make a contribution. Hard work, individual and team efforts are acknowledged.

It's a casual and collaborative environment. Dress code = ID badge. Nice.

All-company meetings, and team huddles help to keep everyone informed on what's going on across the board.

Karma Fun Activities - great way to encourage more fun & social interaction in the workplace. Company encourages other activities outside of work (team sports, etc).

Recent changes to the "look" of the office - creates an environment that is more open - encourages interaction and open flow of communication.

Cons

More activities to increase participation and interaction with other offices.

All problems come from the top.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkShare

Pros

Overall, employees are very friendly and it a casual, fun environment. The employees make the best of a company which is managed badly.

Cons

Managers and above make very bad decisions and are unqualified. They truly don't understand how things work. It is the hardworking employees who are lower on the totem pole who make the company successful. The extremely high turnover rate creates extra work for everyone and this all stems from the uncaring person at the top.

Advice to Management

See your employees for what they truly are and do something.