LinkedIn

Updated December 12, 2014
4.5

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • This is a company that preaches and practices good work-life balance (in 64 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved Middle management needs more training (in 36 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

310 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company in every way

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

Great people, good food, benefits and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Getting big and more bureaucratic.

Continue focusing on attracting and retaining great talent.

[In]credible Place to Learn, Teach, Learn and Grow

Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exciting projects, initiatives and things to work on that have or will have material impacts on people's livelihoods. Bold mission and vision that literally impact global economics around the world. True leadership at the top who live and breathe the culture, values, and mission of the company. No tolerance for BS and a focus on culture and building meaningful and lasting personal and professional relationships.

Cons

Amazing hypergrowth mode as the company goes from a smaller big company to a true Silicon Valley powerhouse; so some areas that you would think are in place or mature are not there yet. On the flip side, creates opportunities for those with vision and strategy to provide a point of view and run with it with support from the leadership all the way to the executive staff.

Keep holding leadership accountable to live the culture truly, hold values as the guiding principles with no exceptions, keep innovating and taking venture bets and don't get complacent. Focus on creating a truly global mindset company, not just an international company with global locations.

Very good to their employees.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The perks, benefits and push to be better really makes this company different.

Cons

Just like other companies, politics is an issue and a barricade to do better.

Stay transparent and open with all employees. Please enforce a metric system for performance as there seems to be a number of employees who don't contribute.

Great experience so far

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mid size company, enough opportunities.good free food. Open culture. Team work. CEO and executives are pretty good.

Cons

Growing pain. Code quality could be better. Long term engagement is not very encouraged.

Improve benefits to be o the par with other bigger companies.

Best balance between giant company and startups

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience the architecture of a big company while still able to do startup jobs.
    I love this company and approve our CEO 100%.
    CEO responded to my email in 5 minutes.

Cons

I enjoy working here. The only con maybe the organization is still too big for a dreamer.

Take more care of the engineers.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Friendly and smart people
    - Free breakfast lunch dinner
    - Ping pong tables, arcade, etc
    - Awesome work hours
    - My manager is awesome!

Cons

- A little bit cultish but not too bad

keep going you're doing great!

Great company to work at!

Current Employee - Software Developer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Mid size company, giving individuals a very good chance to contribute to it's growth
    -great culture
    -takes care of employees

Cons

Work expectations are higher compared to some other companies.

Unite Recruiting Coordination does not adhere to LinkedIn values

Current Employee - Unite Recruiting Coordinator in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Unite Recruiting Coordinator in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

LinkedIn as a whole is very impressive. People are inspired when they hear Jeff Weiner speak because: 1.) his ideas are very forward thinking, 2.) he tells stories about times when he has failed and what learned from them and 3.) he takes the time to acknowledge teams for their hard work. Contractors are able to attend company all hands meetings. This transparency is very encouraging. Free, delicious meals are a great perk.

Cons

Unfortunately Unite Recruiting Coordination does not adhere to LinkedIn's values. LinkedIn as a whole encourages transparency and clear communication on all fronts. These two qualities do not exist within this team. Often times upper level management does not tell the team about recruiting goals or expectations for the upcoming quarter. Also, Unite recruiting coordinators are not able to see their metrics in order to improve from week to week. Lack of feedback and clear communication between Unite recruiting coordinators and management does not help lift team morale.

Be as transparent as possible so you can lead your team to success. Acknowledge certain team members who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in order to lift team morale and inspire people to rethink how they can best contribute to the team.

Web Development Intern

Former Employee - Web Development Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Web Development Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Felt like a part of my team
    Work was right up my alley
    Great work-life balance and strong sense of culture
    Great cafeteria, high-quality snacks aplenty, beautiful campus, gym, gorgeous running trail
    Right next to Google HQ, so you know the area is top-notch

Cons

Company could be more unified (different teams have different ideas for adding contacts, for example)
    The LinkedIn Site is behind par compared to other top website companies

I was an intern and I had a perfect internship, except I was not accepted to return full-time. The problem is that I left the company wondering why I did not get the job, and the decision was a surprise to me. I just feel that management should make it very clear why and how they made their decisions, and that it should never be a big surprise as to whatever they decide on.

Great Company

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The perks are awesome. Here, we have the persons who know how to have fun. Work life balance depends on your ambitious. With overwhelming opportunities to learn new technologies, know smart and experienced persons, investigate products and systems designs, and evaluate and build your own ideas, I sometimes got lost in what to do in our free time, such as inDay. We are encouraged to ask the company for whatever we expect and be brave to transform ourselves. LinkedIn is an immense platform for all employees. As long as you are actively [in], your gains will be incredible.

Cons

A little bit worried about the company expansion, which might have some negative effect on the culture. But I have the confidence that we will keep it right! We are still in a startup mode. To implement something, it might take a long time to investigate the huge code base for what you want without good documentation and proper guidance, which slows down the speed to some sort.

First of all, keep the culture from being affected by expansion. Reduce the meeting time and spare enough time to answer questions from employees about engineering, product, or anything.