LinkedIn

LinkedIn Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner

Jeff Weiner

Pros:
  • "flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance"
    in 45 reviews
  • "Free food but you can get paid better elsewhere and pay for your own choice of food"
    in 92 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is very bad due to daily regressions and frequent Production releases"
    in 32 reviews
  • "Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great!

Sales Development Specialist (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat environment, welcoming, training, personal growth

ConsHard to meet the goals they give you

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place for overachievers

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company culture, will always be challenged, lots of employee development

ConsExtremely competitive and always competing against teammates. One-size-fits-all mentality

Increased market adoption ahead

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWith LinkedIn's diversified lines of business, leadership at the executive level has set a clear plan to achieve their ambitious agenda, including a CRM/Sales Solution to couple Talent Solutions in tandem with international expansions to markets historically adverse to utilizing comparable platforms. With a community that lives and breathes the words of Jeff Weiner himself, as seen biweekly, live from Mountain View, HQ, LinkedIn's passionate employee base is the heartbeat of future successes.

ConsWhile leadership at the executive and VP level are well aligned, it became clear that there were those at Sr. Director and below attempting to leverage their 10+ tenures at Fortune 100s and translate the same leadership to a quickly expanding employee base. Change is constant yet an organized execution of the top driven visions was more hodgepodged than expected. This unfortunately is also seen in the lack of workforce planning and talent management.

Research Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern for less than a year

ProsGood environment
Flexible people
Growing company
Paying well

ConsThe projects and priorities are almost strictly top-down

Mobile Web Developer

Web Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsTop notch leadership, cutting edge technology, difficult challenges, incredible culture, nice people, and facilitates learning in all roles.

ConsScaling to rapid growth and keeping long term employees happy.

Can't complain

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

ProsNice compensation, smart people, charming CEO, great work environment, fancy food, efficient managing style, good work life balance

ConsShould have better perks as google have for employee who has a family. Not really a concern to me right now

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Truly a place to love the work you do

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

ProsCulture - they encourage new ideas and have avenues for you to explore your options with the company
Opportunity - the opportunities available outside of your specific division are endlesss!
Coworkers - we all have competitive spirits but willing to be collaborative

ConsOnboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is great! Just keep working hard! Don't forget what it means to be new to the company.

Fast paced

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

ProsVery fast moving. Lots of opportunities to grow. Great place for freshers, I see them getting opportunities to work with large scale systems.

ConsNo documentation at all. Code quality is really poor, test coverage is very low. Quality of learning might be a little less compared to other equivalent places.
Some of the PMs are rude and assume a role far above developers, they forget that this is a tech company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealistically, it is not a startup any more so there should be much better processes for development. It will help the engineers become more polished.

Good but I wouldn't rate the CEO ahead of a lot of others who have been around the block a few times.

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsFriends, working conditions, flex time, If you need time off, you can usually get it. The building is very nice, kind of

ConsDrive too far. Never have a coke in the machine. If your management, you have to have an attitude or you don't make it

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating people like you want to be treated

Growing politics and nepotism

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent compensation. Revenue making products, free food.

ConsPoorly managed projects and lot of debt in engineering. Compensation is average and company is growing more and more political. Some groups have very bad work/ life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your middle management or hire from outside, you are no longer small and already stock has started taken hit.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LinkedIn reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner. All 746 reviews posted anonymously by LinkedIn employees.