LinkedIn Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
4.6

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance (in 59 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations (in 102 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved Middle management needs more training (in 36 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Beyond amazing!

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everything falls from the top down. CEO is an true inspiration and believes in his management. Management believes in their teams and trust their decisions. First company that I have worked at where I'm treated like an adult and can make impacting decisions.

Cons

Honestly the only downside that I have ran across is the commute but, that's only because I live on the opposite side of town so literally has nothing to do with LinkedIn. Everything that I've encountered is positive, including the employees! Best place ever. Trust me.

Don't lose the awesome culture you've worked so hard to create!! Truly amazing.

Web Development Intern

Former Employee - Web Development Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Web Development Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Felt like a part of my team
    Work was right up my alley
    Great work-life balance and strong sense of culture
    Great cafeteria, high-quality snacks aplenty, beautiful campus, gym, gorgeous running trail
    Right next to Google HQ, so you know the area is top-notch

Cons

Company could be more unified (different teams have different ideas for adding contacts, for example)
    The LinkedIn Site is behind par compared to other top website companies

I was an intern and I had a perfect internship, except I was not accepted to return full-time. The problem is that I left the company wondering why I did not get the job, and the decision was a surprise to me. I just feel that management should make it very clear why and how they made their decisions, and that it should never be a big surprise as to whatever they decide on.

INcredible summer internship!!!!

Former Employee - User Experience Design Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - User Experience Design Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Even as an intern you get to work on parts of the product that millions of people will see.
    The internship program is amazing. We were taken on all sorts of fun trips, including a trip to DisneyLand.
    The company culture is amazing, too. Higher-ups were always willing to take time out of their day to talk to me, even though I was an intern. Everyone who works there is phenomenally talented, and willing to help you learn and hone in on your skills.
    There's free and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. There's also a free gym, which you'll definitely want to take advantage of after eating all that yummy food.

Cons

Legitimately the only con I can think of is the fact that there's too much free, delicious food! I gained a LinkedIn 10, haha.

Keep up the amazing work. Thank you for being so open to my ideas, even though I was an intern!

Great Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The perks are awesome. Here, we have the persons who know how to have fun. Work life balance depends on your ambitious. With overwhelming opportunities to learn new technologies, know smart and experienced persons, investigate products and systems designs, and evaluate and build your own ideas, I sometimes got lost in what to do in our free time, such as inDay. We are encouraged to ask the company for whatever we expect and be brave to transform ourselves. LinkedIn is an immense platform for all employees. As long as you are actively [in], your gains will be incredible.

Cons

A little bit worried about the company expansion, which might have some negative effect on the culture. But I have the confidence that we will keep it right! We are still in a startup mode. To implement something, it might take a long time to investigate the huge code base for what you want without good documentation and proper guidance, which slows down the speed to some sort.

First of all, keep the culture from being affected by expansion. Reduce the meeting time and spare enough time to answer questions from employees about engineering, product, or anything.

Amazing dream internship.

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Extremely supportive team
    - Awesome food
    - Intensive projects

Cons

- Unclear recruiting process
    - Ambiguous working environment (to be expected in tech though)

Great company

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

Company cares about employees. Work is well-organized.

Cons

Many deadlines. Stressful. Work-life balance could be improved Middle management needs more training.

Middle management: express more appreciation.

A Great place to grow as an intern

Former Employee - Talent Solutions Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Talent Solutions Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

LinkedIn has the open-minded atmosphere that encourages employees to grow regardless of seniority. Even interns are encouraged to INnovate and challenge themselves to grow personally and professionally.

Cons

A disconnect between development teams in Mountain View and other teams seems to be growing.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is real and strong

Cons

Starting to get big and lots of politics that come with big companies

We're losing the clear focus on problems we once had. We are spending so much time figuring out who to include, how not to offend people, and what to report.

Employee

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, values, benefits, work life balance

Cons

compensation not competitive, becoming politic

Awesome culture, tons of perks

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, cool people, good work/life balance, able to move within the company, free snacks, catered meals, and overall an awesome experience

Cons

Temporary contract workers do not get full benefits; work can sometimes get repetitive unless you take on new projects or move within the company.

Keep doing what you're doing!