LinkedIn Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
4.6

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations (in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very bad due to daily regressions and frequent Production releases (in 35 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing culture, amazing food, very high pay

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everything here was amazing. The food was unbelievable, and so healthy. I am vegetarian, so I can comment on the great restaurant-quality Indian food; additionally, the portions are all small so it's easier to make good choices.
    The culture in general is great. Everyone is super friendly and the CEO is very lively, honest, and everyone loves him. Overall, I worked a regular 40-hour week, and got to work on significant features in a small team.
    I saw no bureaucracy or anything like that.
    Also, the pay was very high for interns and very high for new grads as well.

Cons

The gym is small.
    Everyone in Mountain View is very tech-focused. It'd be nice to have more of the business people to share offices with as well.

Great Opportunities Require Sacrifice

Current Employee - Event Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Event Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture and values are real. Casual atmosphere breeds familiarity and easy accessibility to high level executives.

Cons

The demands and pacing quickly overwhelm talented people who have been top performers their entire lives. It is extremely hard to get headcount despite the exponential growth of the company. If you're not a salesperson or an engineer, expect to work with extremely lean resources and ever increasing demands.

Transformative experience

Former Employee - Sales  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of the previous comments about the food and the perks are true; they definitely take care of their people. The HQ is beautiful, and the new offices in Sunnyvale make you feel like you're at a ski resort. I also can't recommend the leadership highly enough; Jeff Weiner is an inspiration, and the other execs are all driving towards a shared vision. The culture and values of the company are held in high esteem and they're felt throughout the organizations.

I had the opportunity to see, meet, and interact with some of the most intelligent and successful people I've ever been around -- both other employees and people from the outside. LinkedIn brings in great guest speakers. The employee experience itself is awesome.

I also am now able to use the LInkedIn name to do pretty much anything.

I was part of the Global Sales Org, and while LinkedIn's not slowing down any time soon, it's not for everyone. It's easier to sell LinkedIn products because of the name recognition, but the sales culture needs work.

Cons

Theres an IV-drip of Kool-Aid in everyone's arm within 2 weeks of joining the company. You will likely be called out for disagreeing or bringing up any major changes. This gets tiring after a while.

The Sales org as a whole has good leadership in Mike Gamson, but the more down the ranks you guy the more egotism and BS you'll run into.

Also, don't expect meeting 100% of expectations to be even remotely close to enough to get you anywhere. Not only are the expectations high, but there will be people who are working twice as many hours as you, getting in way earlier, and achieving the same things, and thus looking better than you. There's a culture of working long hours even after the sting by the department of labor, and there were no managerial efforts to curb this. In fact, during meetings people would be praised as "rockstars" for being the "earliest to arrive" and the "last to leave." little work-life balance. Oh, you'll also be underpaid if you start in Sales Development.

They also have a trend of hiring a ton of really smart, motivated people from "target schools" (read: Ivy League and Stanford) and then not really giving them with anywhere to go after their first year or so. I can see this ultimately leading to frustration and burn-out.

Make sure you're balancing the number and type of young "rockstars" with the number and type of opportunities you have for them down the road. Or better set expectations. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing with the culture and values.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Culture, resources, training, and people

Former Employee - Sales Development Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Linkedin was an incredible experience. Not only does the company care about being successful and maing money, but they invest a tremendous amount in their people's success too. Not only is their culture great, but the people are friendly, fun, and smart. I built some lifelong friendships during my time here.

Cons

While overall the culture is amazing, at times it can be a little bit cultish. Also getting promoted became too much of a political game at times

Reduce Political nature of getting promoted. Maintain the incredible culture while toning down some of the cult like attributes.....Example: pumping up how well everyone is doing at an all hands when in fact the dep[artment may have had a sub-par month.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior SRE  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior SRE in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

LinkedIn empower their employees to make big things. Everybody are trying their best to keep integrity and do the best to satisfy our users without being evil.

Cons

Usual cons of a big corporation, nothing specific to LinkedIn...

I worked at LinkedIn

Pros

I thought the pay was above market average and the everyday perks were great. The talent around me made work great everyday. Most Director and above positions were held by tremendous individuals.

Cons

As all companies who grow very fast mature, it tends to put more pressure on its employees. LinkedIn is no different. There was a large exodus of meaningful employees in the 2013 year. I feel the company is seen as arrogant by many of its clients, due to inflating prices and general attitude when doing business.

No one knows how awesome it is to work here

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

talented employees, great perks, awesome work/life balance and great leadership

Cons

typical big company challenges and processes

Working at LinkedIn

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, workspace, fast pace, and in hyper growth. Learn a lot of new things in the Social Media space.

Cons

Too many higher management changes, pivoting to new styles and priorities.

Exceptional place to work

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

LinkedIn is a place where you can make a tremendous impact and people are genuinely excited to show up for work.

Cons

It is turning into a larger and larger company. Before, I could easily know everyone's name, but now more people are joining every day than you can comfortably meet.

i love the experience of migrating

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

interesting projects and i love it.

Cons

nothing i don't like it

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!