LinkedIn
www.linkedin.com Mountain View, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

LinkedIn Reviews

Updated Nov 11, 2013

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance"
    in 45 reviews
  • "Free food but you can get paid better elsewhere and pay for your own choice of food"
    in 92 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is very bad due to daily regressions and frequent Production releases"
    in 32 reviews
  • "Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to transform career

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going.
- The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers.
- Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities.
- Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

Advice to Senior Management- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world.
- Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups?
-Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.

Yes, this is a genuine review.

Order Management (Current Employee)

Pros1.) Smart, driven, and FUN coworkers
2.) I'm learning every day
3.) I feel appreciated
4.) Management encourages me to pursue new projects and ideas
5.) No "set" schedule (but we work HARD)
6.) Free food
7.) Free Gym
8.) Free Classes (e.g. Yoga, financial planning)
9.) Team-bonding events (e.g. ziplining, dinner in SF)
10.) Opportunities to grow

I've worked at a company in which management never learned my name. (I was there for a year.)

I've worked at a failing startup. (That was tough.)

I've worked at a lumbering, giant corporation. (Ideas? Forget it. There's other work to do.)

After these experiences, I can honestly say I'm very happy at LinkedIn.

ConsPeople here work hard. Sometimes it's easy to forget about that whole "work-life balance" thing. This can get stressful!

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp to foster a work-life balance.

Transformational company, staff, and experience. Top 3 Globally for employees!

Enterprise Sales Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCulture, Food, People, Ping Pong, Amazing Products, Amazing leadership, bright future, Love working in the Empire State Building.

ConsGetting a bit larger - 900 employees to 5,000 in 3 years. Wowzers. Still, they want us to be a "billion dollar startup", so are trying to remove big company barriers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPreserve that startup culture!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing open culture

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsOpen culture, engineers help each other across teams. All code is in SVN for everyone to see, or modify and submit a review request. Awesome cafeteria.

ConsFree food makes you fat. Open seating area can make it hard to work sometimes due to all the distractions, but its the same problem in all bay area companies, so you have to find your ways of dealing with them.

Best company I have ever worked for

Sales (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company culture at LinkedIn is something special, management takes great care in hiring the right people with the right experience. Collaboration and team work are some of the things that sets LinkedIn apart and make coming to work every day exciting. Management takes a genuine interest in helping employees transform their careers and learn new skills. Very few organizations are able to inspire employees and create such a positive work environment the way LinkedIn has.

ConsI haven't seen any red flags yet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on the core values that make LinkedIn great even as we grow into a large company

Excellent employer that looks out for the well-being of employees

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsAmazing leadership, flexibility, good work/life balance

ConsToo many amazing co-workers, not enough time to meet them all

A company that leads with values.

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

ProsThe senior leadership team genuinely work according to the company values, creating a culture which all staff believe in, making it a more productive and happy place to work. That ultimately affects the way we look after our members and customers, and how we achieve the company's mission. Talent is the company's number one priority and it feels like that as an employee.

ConsAgressive sales quotas can make the sales representatives seem too overtly sales focussed sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementPreserve the company values and culture at all costs, then everyone will win - members, customers, employees, shareholders and leadership

Best Company Ever!

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsLinkedIn offers an environment that is rich in its culture and values. As an employee I have witnessed and been a part of transformation, collaboration, integrity, humor, and results first hand. It is very gratifying to work for a company that has such an amazing culture and lived by values that are intertwined with the day to day running of the business. LinkedIn puts the human touch on technology in more ways than one!

ConsIn the time I have worked for LinkedIn I can easily say there is nothing that I don't like about the company. With that said, we could use additional parking spaces!

Enriching and Dynamic

Business Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

ProsOpportunity to shape a growing company
Interesting work that no one has done before
Work is always changing

ConsLarge groups; can be hard to coordinate

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus

Absolute best company I have ever worked for bringing great value to members and employees passionate to create value.

Finance Sourcing Manager, Travel (Current Employee)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

ProsTop management is sincere and lives the values. You are empowered to transform the industry with many extremely brilliant people all around you.

ConsThere is much to do and choosing priorities is difficult sometime.

Advice to Senior ManagementNext Play forever!

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LinkedIn reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner. All 385 reviews posted anonymously by LinkedIn employees.