LinkedIn Reviews

Reset
4.9
LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on your ambitious (in 64 reviews)

• Revenue making products, free food (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • Some groups have very bad work/ life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

Great place to transform career

Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going. - The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers. - Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities. - Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons

- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

Advice to Management

- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world. - Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups? -Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.

Transformational company, staff, and experience. Top 3 Globally for employees!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Food, People, Ping Pong, Amazing Products, Amazing leadership, bright future, Love working in the Empire State Building.

Cons

Getting a bit larger - 900 employees to 5,000 in 3 years. Wowzers. Still, they want us to be a "billion dollar startup", so are trying to remove big company barriers.

Advice to Management

Preserve that startup culture!

Yes, this is a genuine review.

Current Employee - Order Management in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Order Management in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1.) Smart, driven, and FUN coworkers 2.) I'm learning every day 3.) I feel appreciated 4.) Management encourages me to pursue new projects and ideas 5.) No "set" schedule (but we work HARD) 6.) Free food 7.) Free Gym 8.) Free Classes (e.g. Yoga, financial planning) 9.) Team-bonding events (e.g. ziplining, dinner in SF) 10.) Opportunities to grow I've worked at a company in which management never learned my name. (I was there for a year.) I've worked at a failing startup. (That was tough.) I've worked at a lumbering, giant corporation. (Ideas? Forget it. There's other work to do.) After these experiences, I can honestly say I'm very happy at LinkedIn.

Cons

People here work hard. Sometimes it's easy to forget about that whole "work-life balance" thing. This can get stressful!

Advice to Management

Help to foster a work-life balance.

Where Experience Meets Action

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each team is designed as a startup of around 40 people. Ie, each team is self contained with an organization of data, engineering, designers, and product, everyone knows everyone, actions are swift, teams are focused. If you live in south bay - then one of the best work/life balances around. Very little "cruft." The chefs cook like they are being reviewed by Michelin guide everyday!

Cons

No San Francisco office for technical positions. Not much flexibility around work from home days for SF employees.

Advice to Management

When you build infrastructure for a city you plan 4-10 years out. LinkedIn is rapidly increasing in size. However, the existing communication systems for new projects and knowledge transfer have been designed for a company half our size. The physical embodiment of our communication problem includes conference rooms with standing room only and the use of outlook for email with a xGB limit. I think a company's communication should be thought of as an infrastructural investment.

Caring for Employees and Communities

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On a daily basis I experience and observe examples of the company living its values throughout all levels of the organization. Transformation through collaboration, integrity, focused on strong results - while we have a fun and a sense of humor. The commitment to a monthly InDay giving employees around the globe the chance to volunteer is my favorite perk of working here - I'm proud to work for a company that offers this opportunity. The bi-weekly CEO All Hands is impressive and unheard of based on other companies I've been a part of.

Cons

Perks offered in smaller offices do not equate to the perks of the corporate office - but that is understandable.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on corporate social responsibility efforts.

My Dream Job

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Surrounded by smart, hard-working people who all share a passion for the business - Fabulous benefits and perks - Multiple avenues within the business to pursue career goals (several business lines, international growth, etc) - Flexibility, autonomy, and great earning potential - Customer excitement around our products and services

Cons

- Most US-based employees are based in San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, or Omaha...which results in limited US mobility

Amazing open culture

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open culture, engineers help each other across teams. All code is in SVN for everyone to see, or modify and submit a review request. Awesome cafeteria.

Cons

Free food makes you fat. Open seating area can make it hard to work sometimes due to all the distractions, but its the same problem in all bay area companies, so you have to find your ways of dealing with them.

LinkedIn HQ

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LinkedIn's company culture is one of a kind. I'm excited to go to work in the morning because I have the opportunity to interact with extremely intelligent people and because I'm still early in my career, it is great to be able to learn from such brilliant minds. The work/life balance of LinkedIn is something I cherish. Although I take the shuttle to and from San Francisco, I still feel like I have enough time to do the things I want to do. At LinkedIn, we're treated like valued employees. It's hard not to love your job when you walk around campus and always see smiling faces.

Cons

If you're not a self-motived person, LinkedIn isn't the place for you. There are a lot of distractions (game rooms, a band room, free food everywhere/all day, InDays, HackDays, classes to take, etc) and you still need to get your daily work done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Awesome!

Pros

Amazing place to work, transforming your career

Cons

Growing bigger - lots of new ppl!

Life at LinkedIn

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My colleagues across the company always pull together to help each other out, and we have fun doing it! It's a high-energy atmosphere, and the time flies by. The quality of the food served in the cafeteria is absolutely outstanding. The campus is well laid-out and easy to navigate.

Cons

Trying to find a conference room is always a challenge. Many people spend a considerable amount of time on what should be a simple task of booking a meeting space.

Advice to Management

We need more conference rooms, please! Otherwise, keep up the excellent work!

RSS Feed </> Embed