LinkedIn

www.linkedin.com

LinkedIn Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
1,000 Reviews

4.6
1,000 Reviews

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations (in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very bad due to daily regressions and frequent Production releases (in 35 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to transform career

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going.
    - The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers.
    - Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities.
    - Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons

- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world.
    - Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups?
    -Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.

Yes, this is a genuine review.

Current Employee - Order Management  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Order Management in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

1.) Smart, driven, and FUN coworkers
    2.) I'm learning every day
    3.) I feel appreciated
    4.) Management encourages me to pursue new projects and ideas
    5.) No "set" schedule (but we work HARD)
    6.) Free food
    7.) Free Gym
    8.) Free Classes (e.g. Yoga, financial planning)
    9.) Team-bonding events (e.g. ziplining, dinner in SF)
    10.) Opportunities to grow

I've worked at a company in which management never learned my name. (I was there for a year.)

I've worked at a failing startup. (That was tough.)

I've worked at a lumbering, giant corporation. (Ideas? Forget it. There's other work to do.)

After these experiences, I can honestly say I'm very happy at LinkedIn.

Cons

People here work hard. Sometimes it's easy to forget about that whole "work-life balance" thing. This can get stressful!

Help to foster a work-life balance.

Transformational company, staff, and experience. Top 3 Globally for employees!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Culture, Food, People, Ping Pong, Amazing Products, Amazing leadership, bright future, Love working in the Empire State Building.

Cons

Getting a bit larger - 900 employees to 5,000 in 3 years. Wowzers. Still, they want us to be a "billion dollar startup", so are trying to remove big company barriers.

Preserve that startup culture!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My Dream Job

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Surrounded by smart, hard-working people who all share a passion for the business
    - Fabulous benefits and perks
    - Multiple avenues within the business to pursue career goals (several business lines, international growth, etc)
    - Flexibility, autonomy, and great earning potential
    - Customer excitement around our products and services

Cons

- Most US-based employees are based in San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, or Omaha...which results in limited US mobility

Wonderful if you're on the right team

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Perks similar to what you would find at a company like Google: Free food with an on-site cafe, gym, dry cleaning pick-up, snack rooms, game rooms... etc. Very flexible hours and less silos than a lot of places I've worked in the past. A lot of good people willing to work with you rather than against you. Some fun challenges and great amount of mobility.

Cons

I've been on some teams that were hyper overachievers with messed-up work/life balances. They ended up working 13 hour days and achieving less than than other teams that were more reasonable. Some of middle management just creates more work rather than facilitating.

If you want engineers to feel ownership, let them own. Include them more in yearly planning and have more say over timelines. Let engineers know it's ok to push back due to technical reasons.

Amazing

Current Employee - Sales Development Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Development Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Great culture, products to sell, management is awesome

Cons

Lots of fun activities that can distract from work

Doing great job, keep it up as we scale

Life at LinkedIn

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Mountain View, CA

Pros

My colleagues across the company always pull together to help each other out, and we have fun doing it! It's a high-energy atmosphere, and the time flies by. The quality of the food served in the cafeteria is absolutely outstanding. The campus is well laid-out and easy to navigate.

Cons

Trying to find a conference room is always a challenge. Many people spend a considerable amount of time on what should be a simple task of booking a meeting space.

We need more conference rooms, please! Otherwise, keep up the excellent work!

LinkedIn HQ

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

LinkedIn's company culture is one of a kind. I'm excited to go to work in the morning because I have the opportunity to interact with extremely intelligent people and because I'm still early in my career, it is great to be able to learn from such brilliant minds.

The work/life balance of LinkedIn is something I cherish. Although I take the shuttle to and from San Francisco, I still feel like I have enough time to do the things I want to do. At LinkedIn, we're treated like valued employees.

It's hard not to love your job when you walk around campus and always see smiling faces.

Cons

If you're not a self-motived person, LinkedIn isn't the place for you. There are a lot of distractions (game rooms, a band room, free food everywhere/all day, InDays, HackDays, classes to take, etc) and you still need to get your daily work done.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Transparent Culture and Emphasis on Internal Growth

Current Employee - Associate Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Campaign Manager

Pros

The work culture and people at LinkedIn are definitely solid. There is high-energy here as the company continues to do well overall. It a great place to start and grow your career.

Cons

Compensation is a little on the lower side if you are not an engineer but there are many other perks that the company provide. Also the company is getting larger so things can move slowly at times.

Provide challenging and engaging projects for your teams.

Absolute best company I have ever worked for bringing great value to members and employees passionate to create value.

Current Employee - Finance Sourcing Manager, Travel  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Sourcing Manager, Travel in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Top management is sincere and lives the values. You are empowered to transform the industry with many extremely brilliant people all around you.

Cons

There is much to do and choosing priorities is difficult sometime.

Next Play forever!

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!