LinkedIn

www.linkedin.com

LinkedIn Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance(in 51 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations(in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very bad due to daily regressions and frequent Production releases(in 35 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix(in 19 reviews)

Great place to transform career

Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going.
    - The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers.
    - Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities.
    - Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

Advice to Senior Management- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world.
    - Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups?
    -Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.

Transformational company, staff, and experience. Top 3 Globally for employees!

Enterprise Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCulture, Food, People, Ping Pong, Amazing Products, Amazing leadership, bright future, Love working in the Empire State Building.

ConsGetting a bit larger - 900 employees to 5,000 in 3 years. Wowzers. Still, they want us to be a "billion dollar startup", so are trying to remove big company barriers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPreserve that startup culture!

Yes, this is a genuine review.

Order Management (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros1.) Smart, driven, and FUN coworkers
    2.) I'm learning every day
    3.) I feel appreciated
    4.) Management encourages me to pursue new projects and ideas
    5.) No "set" schedule (but we work HARD)
    6.) Free food
    7.) Free Gym
    8.) Free Classes (e.g. Yoga, financial planning)
    9.) Team-bonding events (e.g. ziplining, dinner in SF)
    10.) Opportunities to grow

I've worked at a company in which management never learned my name. (I was there for a year.)

I've worked at a failing startup. (That was tough.)

I've worked at a lumbering, giant corporation. (Ideas? Forget it. There's other work to do.)

After these experiences, I can honestly say I'm very happy at LinkedIn.

ConsPeople here work hard. Sometimes it's easy to forget about that whole "work-life balance" thing. This can get stressful!

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp to foster a work-life balance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful if you're on the right team

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsPerks similar to what you would find at a company like Google: Free food with an on-site cafe, gym, dry cleaning pick-up, snack rooms, game rooms... etc. Very flexible hours and less silos than a lot of places I've worked in the past. A lot of good people willing to work with you rather than against you. Some fun challenges and great amount of mobility.

ConsI've been on some teams that were hyper overachievers with messed-up work/life balances. They ended up working 13 hour days and achieving less than than other teams that were more reasonable. Some of middle management just creates more work rather than facilitating.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want engineers to feel ownership, let them own. Include them more in yearly planning and have more say over timelines. Let engineers know it's ok to push back due to technical reasons.

Amazing

Sales Development Specialist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat culture, products to sell, management is awesome

ConsLots of fun activities that can distract from work

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing great job, keep it up as we scale

Life at LinkedIn

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsMy colleagues across the company always pull together to help each other out, and we have fun doing it! It's a high-energy atmosphere, and the time flies by. The quality of the food served in the cafeteria is absolutely outstanding. The campus is well laid-out and easy to navigate.

ConsTrying to find a conference room is always a challenge. Many people spend a considerable amount of time on what should be a simple task of booking a meeting space.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more conference rooms, please! Otherwise, keep up the excellent work!

LinkedIn HQ

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsLinkedIn's company culture is one of a kind. I'm excited to go to work in the morning because I have the opportunity to interact with extremely intelligent people and because I'm still early in my career, it is great to be able to learn from such brilliant minds.

The work/life balance of LinkedIn is something I cherish. Although I take the shuttle to and from San Francisco, I still feel like I have enough time to do the things I want to do. At LinkedIn, we're treated like valued employees.

It's hard not to love your job when you walk around campus and always see smiling faces.

ConsIf you're not a self-motived person, LinkedIn isn't the place for you. There are a lot of distractions (game rooms, a band room, free food everywhere/all day, InDays, HackDays, classes to take, etc) and you still need to get your daily work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Beyond expectations...a truly caring culture....incredibly postive culture

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBelieve in allowing and promoting employees to be successful. Allow for work life balance

ConsHQ has a few better benefits and food

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard to keep our unique culture

Best company I have ever worked for

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company culture at LinkedIn is something special, management takes great care in hiring the right people with the right experience. Collaboration and team work are some of the things that sets LinkedIn apart and make coming to work every day exciting. Management takes a genuine interest in helping employees transform their careers and learn new skills. Very few organizations are able to inspire employees and create such a positive work environment the way LinkedIn has.

ConsI haven't seen any red flags yet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on the core values that make LinkedIn great even as we grow into a large company

Intelligent and super supportive coworkers. Fun to the max. Great food and culture.

Associate Web Developer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsLinkedIn is the best company I've ever worked for. The kitchen is amazing. Gourmet, health-conscious, environmentally friendly, organic food with breakfast/lunch/dinner. The health and wellness class options are great. Good gym. But it's the people I want to emphasize. The CEO is what helps spread the culture. He emphasizes culture. The people you work with are always having fun, and are super supportive. Everyone acknowledges everyone else for their hard work. And I see promotions all the time. There are lots of public thank you emails. And the feeling of inspiration/fun/motivation/hard-work/intelligence is very viral. My friends are completely jealous. But I'm even more jealous of the interns that get to work here. ;)

Cons...It's really big and I can't get to know everyone??... You're in so many teams at once, and it can get confusing...but you get to go to all the offsites for each team!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Don't ever leave, Jeff Weiner.

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!