LinkedIn

LinkedIn Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner

Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance(in 51 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very bad due to daily regressions and frequent Production releases(in 34 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix(in 19 reviews)

Transformative experience!

ProsI work with the brightest minds in the industry who inspire me to think like an owner. There is a healthy competition that allows more room for improvement - and an opportunity to shine. Leadership is transparent. Free gourmet lunch 7 days a week, snacks and drinks (beware of gaining some pounds), massages, yoga, training sessions, etc. - the perks are pretty awesome.

ConsWorkload is heavy, but manageable. Lots of traveling involved at times - but that is really not an issue unless you have family commitments.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent - you are doing a great job!

Great place to work

Prospeople, facilities, pay, perks, benefits

Consnone none none none none

Feels like coming home

Sales Development Manager (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsIts the type of company where every time you walk into the office you feel like you can be yourself. Feels like coming home :)

ConsLong hours and too much opportunity for you to wrap your arms and mind around. Not bad when you believe in the vision and mission of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition and communication should stay the same...don't apply too much process in a restricting way to people to help the business

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosgreat people, great environment, great perks

Conshelp from management, room for growth

Advice to Senior Managementbe more supportive to your teams

Recruiter

ProsCulture, People and Leadership and an inspiring MD

ConsRate of growth-Too high. Fast paced

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Good place to work!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsReasonable perks. Good work/life balance. Supportive management.

ConsShort ladder. Hard to move up in technical chain. Management chain seems ok.

Amazing place to work with brilliant people

Web Developer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe culture is excellent. Everyone is very friendly and easy to talk to. It genuinely feels like the company has your best interests in mind and is very accommodating. The food is top notch (Google stops by a lot because LinkedIn food is better). LinkedIn is an company that has been gaining momentum for the past couple of years now and has now end in site. There is such a need to connect talent with employers and while being at LinkedIn, you really get the feeling that you are helping the world.

ConsThere are no cons that come to mind. But if I had to pick something, I would want to have sushi served at lunch! :P

Very Sane

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThis is definitely one of the best companies I've worked for, and I've worked for a lot of companies. People get along and respect and help each other. The compensation is good, the food is good, the culture is good. No complaints!

ConsVery intense, fast-paced and gruelling at times. If you're not a self-started, you will have a hard time surviving here. You have to be willing to do the legwork when there is missing documentation, your tool is broken, or your manager is absent for long stretches.

Great company, smart employess!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsLove the collaboration, the can do attitude and great work environment. Tons of talented people working together for a great vision. Great perks, breakfast, lunch and dinner, nice office space, ample parking in Mountain View.

ConsOver communication is an issue, we move pretty slowly as can be expected from a 6000 employees company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Best tech company to work for, particularly on the East Coast

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsObviously LinkedIn is a Silicon Valley big boy, but for folks in other parts of the US (and globally) they offer a unique opportunity to feel what it's like to be a part of that valley culture.

ConsReally no cons to speak of, outside of the typical challenges you'll find at any similar company vis si vis middle management. There are some insecure mid level managers who waver between developing and enabling their reports and selfishly fixating on their own upward mobility, to the detriment of their team.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a tight leash on mid-level management. Promote rising stars, reward managers that take the time to develop their people, and have low tolerance for B and below players.

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!