LinkedIn

Updated December 22, 2014
4.6

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • This is a company that preaches and practices good work-life balance (in 64 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved Middle management needs more training (in 36 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

It lives up to its reputation

Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

LinkedIn is a great company to work for. The work life balance is probably the biggest benefit since it feels like they actually want you to have a life outside of work. They also supply you with great free food and always have a stocked break room full of food. Everybody working here is super friendly.

Cons

Not too much to complain about. My only complaint would have to be about the actual work I do. It is monotonous and thankless.

Best place I've ever worked, hands-down!

Current Employee - Product Consultant
    Current Employee - Product Consultant

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

LinkedIn is a very special place, full of wonderful people who are passionate, friendly and respectful. Genuine commitment from the top down to staff well-being and career development, and a good balance between day-to-day commercial focus and long-term vision. Most importantly, LinkedIn gives every employee the freedom to be themselves. It's the only truly value-driven company I've worked for where everyone, from the CEO to the cleaning staff, lives and breathes the culture. LinkedIn talks a lot about having a culture of transformation, and I can honestly say I am a different, better and happier person since working here.

Cons

Some of the systems and processes are inconsistent and/or inefficient and could be better managed. Also there is a lot of jargon that is overused which can take some getting used to for new hires.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Great Company in every way

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

Great people, good food, benefits and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Getting big and more bureaucratic.

Continue focusing on attracting and retaining great talent.

Incredible, tangible culture.

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

Talented, fun people - great environment to work in. Very stimulating.

Cons

Nothing to report as of yet.

Incredible people = Incredible Culture

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

LinkedIn has such a compelling vision that at the end of your first few days in the company, you know it runs in your veins. Everything you do in the company brings you closer and closer to this vision. Simply phenomenal culture! When you are starting out on something new or challenging you will be pleasantly surprised everyday as to how many colleagues volunteer to coach, support or empower you to reach your goals. Leadership and Leverage come before results as performance indicators. Decisions are (still!) people driven versus just bottom-line driven. How real is this these days in companies that are over a billion dollars? You will be shocked at the proportion of top talent that surrounds you. This challenges and motivates you at the same time without doubt. One of the most philanthropic companies atleast in the city, the employees are more generous than average employees in other companies of similar nature in the industry. Sure LinkedIn throw the best parties :) always doing it in style.

Cons

Investments in Employee Education and Learning and Development are lower than expected. Slightly better salaries wouldn't hurt.

Without doubt the executive management team is made up of some of the most compassionate, super successful and inspiring leaders. Hope this does not change. Hope the management can strive to come up with a plan to somehow protect the culture that you have created and nurtured for so long. The day this ends, LinkedIn will be close to becoming some of the other companies in this industry.....

One word .. Awesome!

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

Awesome manager, plenty of opportunities to develop your career and awesome benefits!
    We live the culture and values of the company everyday, we are advised to spend 30% of our time developing relationships internally "relationships matter" and told to build our brand so any colleague around the floor would hire us in the future if they become heads/owners of a business. Friendly environment as well.

Cons

All the free snacks could make you gain some weight!

Amazingly crazy good!

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

Everything has a reason and every reason is great at LinkedIn
    Definitly the best employer I had in the past (work since 12 years in many different places)

Cons

To not eat to much candies :)

Fantastic company to grow as a proffesional

Current Employee - Sales Development Specialist in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

Personal growth, Office culture, Great managers, fantastic benefits

Cons

Workload would be the only one at times but nothing bad to say really...

Meaningful work & friendly culture

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best part': Culture that encourages internal mobility & developing your career
    Senior directors and above are extremely bright and caring people, a rare combination
    Clear vision and mission, reinforced by CEO Jeff Weiner at bi-weekly all-hands meetings
    The problems we solve and the work we do every day is engaging and purposeful
    95% of the people I've worked with are friendly, open, and reasonable
    Great perks like free lunch, massages, snacks, T-shirts

Cons

Can never find anything b/c there's no standardized systems
    Silos, especially in marketing
    Not enough marketing operations and design resources
    Quality of middle management is spotty
    Performance management and promotion process is unclear

[In]credible Place to Learn, Teach, Learn and Grow

Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exciting projects, initiatives and things to work on that have or will have material impacts on people's livelihoods. Bold mission and vision that literally impact global economics around the world. True leadership at the top who live and breathe the culture, values, and mission of the company. No tolerance for BS and a focus on culture and building meaningful and lasting personal and professional relationships.

Cons

Amazing hypergrowth mode as the company goes from a smaller big company to a true Silicon Valley powerhouse; so some areas that you would think are in place or mature are not there yet. On the flip side, creates opportunities for those with vision and strategy to provide a point of view and run with it with support from the leadership all the way to the executive staff.

Keep holding leadership accountable to live the culture truly, hold values as the guiding principles with no exceptions, keep innovating and taking venture bets and don't get complacent. Focus on creating a truly global mindset company, not just an international company with global locations.