LinkedIn Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
4.6

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Great perks, free food, nice offices, opportunities to travel to different locations (in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very bad due to daily regressions and frequent Production releases (in 35 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

About internships at LinkedIn.

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Office culture, Engineering teams, personal growth.

Cons

Lack of communication between Management and HR on hiring talent.

Great company & culture - just not in Ops

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great C-level executives and their directs. Have great visions & values and they actually practice them.
    - Free lunch, snacks, drinks, etc in the California office locations - regular company activities to promote team building.
    - Very open to making opportunities for yourself - your manager won't help you, but if you can make the connections yourself, do it!

Cons

- Poor management and director level leadership
    - Mismatch between compensation and work expectations between groups
    - Regularly hires managers externally than promoting ready and eager analysts from within due to over-valuation of an MBA and management consulting experience from the big three (Bain, BCG, McKinsey) despite them NOT being that bright or having people management experience

Identify analyst talent from within and double down on them. Learn to actually manage & develop analysts instead of managing projects. Turnover & satisfaction of your analysts is astoundingly bad.

Transformative experience

Former Employee - Sales  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of the previous comments about the food and the perks are true; they definitely take care of their people. The HQ is beautiful, and the new offices in Sunnyvale make you feel like you're at a ski resort. I also can't recommend the leadership highly enough; Jeff Weiner is an inspiration, and the other execs are all driving towards a shared vision. The culture and values of the company are held in high esteem and they're felt throughout the organizations.

I had the opportunity to see, meet, and interact with some of the most intelligent and successful people I've ever been around -- both other employees and people from the outside. LinkedIn brings in great guest speakers. The employee experience itself is awesome.

I also am now able to use the LInkedIn name to do pretty much anything.

I was part of the Global Sales Org, and while LinkedIn's not slowing down any time soon, it's not for everyone. It's easier to sell LinkedIn products because of the name recognition, but the sales culture needs work.

Cons

Theres an IV-drip of Kool-Aid in everyone's arm within 2 weeks of joining the company. You will likely be called out for disagreeing or bringing up any major changes. This gets tiring after a while.

The Sales org as a whole has good leadership in Mike Gamson, but the more down the ranks you guy the more egotism and BS you'll run into.

Also, don't expect meeting 100% of expectations to be even remotely close to enough to get you anywhere. Not only are the expectations high, but there will be people who are working twice as many hours as you, getting in way earlier, and achieving the same things, and thus looking better than you. There's a culture of working long hours even after the sting by the department of labor, and there were no managerial efforts to curb this. In fact, during meetings people would be praised as "rockstars" for being the "earliest to arrive" and the "last to leave." little work-life balance. Oh, you'll also be underpaid if you start in Sales Development.

They also have a trend of hiring a ton of really smart, motivated people from "target schools" (read: Ivy League and Stanford) and then not really giving them with anywhere to go after their first year or so. I can see this ultimately leading to frustration and burn-out.

Make sure you're balancing the number and type of young "rockstars" with the number and type of opportunities you have for them down the road. Or better set expectations. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing with the culture and values.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Limited progression

Current Employee - GCO  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - GCO in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice colleagues, good products, benefits, good brand

Cons

no progression possible when you're in certain roles, hiring managers are not always open minded and contradictory treatments/career culture

a lot of good managers in the company but also a lot of managers who don't have any people skills

Inspiring and engaging, they hire the best and make sure that the employee satisfaction is high.

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at LinkedIn as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Fun and relaxed atmosphere. Management team makes sure to be transparent with the commons values and new projects. LinkedIn really lives it's values.

Cons

The company hierarchy. It's hard to tackle. The company politics. They are transparent with some things, and some things are being decided in the dark.

Be more honest. It will be valued in the long run.

Couldn't have dreamed of a better start to my career

Current Employee - Global Accounts Analyst  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Global Accounts Analyst in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

LinkedIn has an incredible culture. Colleagues genuinely care about each other and will do everything in their power to help each other. The learning curve has been steep and I have enjoyed every second. The opportunities to change your career trajectory are endless. The bigger your dream, the more the people around you will want to see it happen. The whole experience of working here has been transformational and I know it has barely started!

Cons

I love feeling challenged, working hard and enjoy that every day brings something (or ten things!) that are new. If you are motivated by different things then LinkedIn might not be the best place for you.

The last couple of years have been some of the best in my life - thank you for everything and keep it up!

No one knows how awesome it is to work here

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

talented employees, great perks, awesome work/life balance and great leadership

Cons

typical big company challenges and processes

LinkedIn is one of the best companies to work for in India

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here is a list of some of the lovely perks;
    Free pick and drop for all employees in wifi enabled a/c sedan cabs/innova
    All engineers get macbook,
    Some teams get samsung galaxy s4,
    Free 3G dongle, free postpaid connection,
    Free lunch and breakfast,
    Extremely smart people
    No dress code restrictions (shorts, flip-flops, are all accepted),
    Unlimited snacks and drinks all day,
    Free ice cream and juice corner,
    Nap rooms, quiet rooms,
    Game room with pool, xbox, foosball, TT, etc,
    Cashless medical facilities and insurance.
    And plenty more.

Cons

The office isn't pet friendly yet :(

Keep up the good job!

Great Opportunities Require Sacrifice

Current Employee - Event Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Event Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture and values are real. Casual atmosphere breeds familiarity and easy accessibility to high level executives.

Cons

The demands and pacing quickly overwhelm talented people who have been top performers their entire lives. It is extremely hard to get headcount despite the exponential growth of the company. If you're not a salesperson or an engineer, expect to work with extremely lean resources and ever increasing demands.

I worked at LinkedIn

Pros

I thought the pay was above market average and the everyday perks were great. The talent around me made work great everyday. Most Director and above positions were held by tremendous individuals.

Cons

As all companies who grow very fast mature, it tends to put more pressure on its employees. LinkedIn is no different. There was a large exodus of meaningful employees in the 2013 year. I feel the company is seen as arrogant by many of its clients, due to inflating prices and general attitude when doing business.

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!