LinkedIn Reviews

Reset
4.5
LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on your ambitious (in 64 reviews)

• Revenue making products, free food (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • Some groups have very bad work/ life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Onboarding seems tough since the company is growing; it's easy for new folks to get lost in the mix (in 19 reviews)

1. All culture and no focus on the business

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

Very good perks and salary, nice office environment and a highly transparent company. Cool product

Cons

A lot of talk about being top 1%, but very many people did not seem to be focused on the business. Underperformance was widely accepted. Also, you need to fit in to there culture, there is very little room for the individual, if you not fit the norm of the young , hip employee that love LinkedIn.

Advice to Management

Put some proper management process in place. Treat people as individuals.

2. Great people and impactful products

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

• Work on products that actually help people • Coworkers are good people • Benefits are seriously top-notch

Cons

• Multiple campuses makes cross-team collaboration challenging • Infrastructure growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding top talent with excellent benefits. The culture is developing, but could use some more personality injection through creative outlets.

3. Don't work here if you have any mental illnesses

I worked at LinkedIn

Pros

Honestly, the cons absolutely outweigh any of the pros. Read my cons section further to gain insight into this. They give you a great salary, flexible work hours, and they feed you, but it means nothing if in the end, they kick you to the curb for having depression.

Cons

I worked here as an intern for two summers, as well as a contractor, and also offered a full-time position, which I accepted. I was supposed to graduate in summer of 2013 and start work shortly thereafter. However, I've been a long time sufferer of depression, anxiety, and insomnia. I missed my summer graduation date and instead graduated in December of that year, due to my health issues. I informed my former boss about my health issues, at which point he reduced my illness to being "sad" (demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of depression) and then proceeded to tell me that my full-time offer was rescinded. This company encourages a lot of physical health, and will even have pee color charts hanging in the bathrooms to tell you what healthy pee should look like, but does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help with mental health (unlike Google, which has programs specifically for mental health, because unlike LinkedIn, they actually understand the importance of mental health). I still have friends that work at LinkedIn, and they inform me that they are STILL doing nothing to this very day to assist with mental health. This is a company that will pepper you with gifts, treat you like a king, and make you feel like a part of the family, until you share that you have mental illness. I literally got care packages sent to my home while in school, with hot cocoa and LinkedIn travel mugs and sweatshirts and other absurdities. This company understands how to basically mess with your mind, but not help it. If you are a software engineer, and you have mental illnesses (you probably do, we're a wacky bunch), do NOT work for this company. They won't help you, and they will just kick you to the curb if you let them know of your situation. Go work for Google instead, since they actually help you AND understand your mental health issues. This company made me learn that honesty is really not the best policy. Thanks for that, LinkedIn. TL;DR: Company treats you like a king until you show mental health problems, they do nothing to help those mental health problems, and instead kick you to the curb. Do not invest your talents here, go to Google or Twitter or anywhere else, really.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees with mental health problems like they're broken pieces of garbage. HELP THEM.

5. Awesome place to work

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

Great perks, great people, great learning environment. Without a doubt LinkedIn is doing a fantastic job at transitioning from a startup to a true large corporation without losing its culture. It is excellent.

Cons

Salary slightly below industry standard, which is a bit of a disappointment considering how hard everyone works. This isn't a huge deal if you are early in your career, however. Great place to learn and gain experience even if wage isn't the best.

Advice to Management

Management should focus a bit more on providing raises consistent with experience and amount of work that has been done by the employee. Currently there is a small raise that you get yearly, but most of the time you have to get promoted to an entirely new position before getting a significant raise.

6. Great Culture

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

Great team, great food, pay well.

Cons

Starting have some bureaucracy. Being slave of data in decision making.

Advice to Management

Learn from Google.

7. Senior Relationship Manager

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

People, culture, benefits, gym, food, company goals

Cons

Constantly increasing workload to existing big workload, impacting on work-life balance. Company goals and targets are aggressive (in a good hyper-growth way) but the employees have to keep up with the ever-increasing workload.

Advice to Management

NA

8. Great Company

Current Employee - Business Development in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Business Development in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Several Benefits Good work life balance Good training

Cons

Repetitive Not much responsibility

9. Amazing place to work at!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant talent to work with! Awesome CEO - all developments company-wide is communicated in Company All hands. Benefits - extremely compatible with Google

Cons

Since LI is growing drastically globally, it is still very start up like which is great. Though multiple tools are used for same function such as chatting tool (there are 3 or 4) etc. Company is working towards consolidating such areas. To conclude, for any new comer, it might be a bit nerve wrecking so get familiar with which team uses what tools. Pay attention during on-boarding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good opportunities to grow in the company. Always thinking about culture and values. The environment is great. International company with people from many places

Cons

Well, people should work a little bit less. It is a 8000 people company and you can tell that is not a start up anymore... changes are a bit slow.

Advice to Management

There should be more managers to help control the growth. Also should be interesting to try to keep the meetings shorter. The rest is going quite well.

11. Growth pain

Former Employee - Web Developer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn

Pros

Salary is good and work life balance great.

Cons

Not a lot career growth opportunities

Showing 983 of 1,054 reviews