Links London

Add Photos

David Riddiford

Great Learning Experience

New York, NY

Pros- Great place to learn and gain experience in retail, the training was excellent
    - Small US corporate team, made it easy to communicate and solve issues quickly.
    - Team work was always emphasized, and they do a pretty good job hiring people who get along

Cons- Brand lost it's identity.
    - Growing within the company required time and a push from both myself and store management
    - Bonuses were restructured, and made more difficult to attain as a store and as an individual
    - Health benefits that were once very good, were downgraded

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing able to watch Links of London grow, I advice that the brand dial it back to it's core identity. Many of our older customers disappeared as soon as the quality and roots of our product changed. I also suggest that be compensation be restructured in a way that actually benefits the employees, rather than made more difficult to earn.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere were the same pros as hitting your head against a brick wall

ConsCorporate management was disfunctional with a high turn over rate that paralyzed any possible growth or business development

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over, staring with HR

Zero recognition, zero opportunities

ProsYou do earn a little bit of experience, but it's definitely capped. Definitely some nice, helpful people here who really do care.

ConsTerrible management, terrible HR, terrible place to develop.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some more serious recognition to the people who work under you, because they're basically the people that do everything for the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting experience but.......

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbeautiful product, nice coworkers, loyal client base. generous discount.

Consworst HR I have ever worked with in my life. Dishonest, no clarity, blame shifters. no marketing done and what is done is worthless. Corporate staff does not understand market or ever visit stores, only mid level management.

Advice to Senior Managementvisit the stores on occasion so you will understand traffic patterns and the market. respect the people in the stores who work hard so you have YOUR job

Confusion abounds and retail-i a-tion for sure

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAssociation with Bloomingdales give status to an otherwise annonymous company, BEAUTIFUL PRODUCT

ConsCorporate structure is a disaster, HR is missing in action, there is no marketing and DRAMA with a capitol D from the retail director who should be medicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your own act together before you attack and blame others.

Motivating Goals

Store Manager (Former Employee)

Pros-great bonus and commission structure, especially for those motivated to sell and grow the business
    -attainable, realistic goals
    -great team environment

Cons-high turnover in upper management
    -London world headquarters does not often see the big picture for the US market
    -little marketing $ spent in US market resulting in lack of brand awareness in US

Complete mess of a company.

New York, NY

ProsI worked with a great team; the schedule was flexible; generous yearly allowance for product.

ConsManagement is very inexperienced; corporate was a complete mess; higher turnover rate than McDonald's for sales and management; no brand identity; no room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementRead books on how to better your business and listen to you team. I'm sure the business has only gone downhill.

Weak human resources dept and unprofessional management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood discount, flexible schedule and they have a kitchen

ConsFavoritism, one person is the whole HR and they don't follow up on a dispute like they suppose to. If you are a temp they don't even care to hear your side of a story. Unprofessional and immature management

Advice to Senior ManagementHear both sides of the story and be impartial

rewarding and offers lots of flexibility with scheduling.

Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGreat discounts, benefits, and flexibility

ConsCan sometimes be VERY slow. There seems to be a bit of upward mobility but I wouldn't categorize the company as one who believes in hiring from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on better designs and marketing. Visit stores more frequently to address any areas of concern. Promote from within more often.

Great company to work for, very flexible

Short Hills, NJ

Pros- Fast-growing company
    - Unique product (mens and women's jewelry and gift items)
    - Great employee benefits
    - Great employee discount

Cons- Small company and store so it could get competitive
    - Not as much brand recognition as competitors (Tiffany, etc.)

Advice to Senior Management- Need better marketing to have the brand be more recognized in the USA. Although a British brand, can't rely on tourist traffic.

Worked for Links London? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Links London reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Links London CEO David Riddiford. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Links London employees.