Links Technology Reviews

CEO

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Links Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The “Links” experience is over and beyond any imaginable expectations. The work environment is very professional while being balanced with a family atmosphere and flexibility of home and work schedules. The Links Management Team allows you to grow as a professional and as a person, and it’s amazing how much work can get done when you are working with state-of-the-art equipment and software.

Cons

Links Technology is a workplace that makes Careers, not just jobs! If you are looking for a place of employment to collect “JUST” a pay check, Links is not the place for you. Links Technology is a company of long-term commitments.

Dec 2, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

It is so nice to see that you are happy with your personal "Links experience". We do try to promote a work-life balance. If you ever see opportunities for us to do this better, let us know. Thank ... More

2. Excellent place to work.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Maricopa, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Maricopa, AZ

I have been working at Links Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been at Links Technology for almost 10 years and I can tell you Links is one huge family. They care about each and every one of their employees. I work remotely now but when I was in the office the work environment is excellent. I could not imagine working anywhere else. If you ever get the chance to join the Links family, I highly recommend it.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Links. If you every get the chance to work there you will see why.

Dec 2, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

This is wonderful to read! We consider ourselves very lucky to have such talented family members! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Current help desk support engineer.

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

I would liken working at Links Technology to working with family. Everyone you work with up to the owner is very thoughtful, helpful, and wants to see you develop as an employee as much as the development of businesses they support.

If you have passion for all things IT, then this is the job for you. There is always something to do and new things to learn. It just requires the desire to want to get better as an administator.

Cons

This is not a typical 9-5 job, as clients will contact at all hours of the day. There is an expectaction that some issues be responded to, which can cause some challenges with personal and family time. This leads to only some of the more dedicated employees to be the only ones responding.

Given the size of the help desk support team, there doesn't seem like much room to move up in the company. There isn't any defined promotion standard.

I recommend an on-call support schedule with an overseeing advanced IT tech to facilitate after hours support and to get every tech involved.

It would also be great if there was defined tiers for support. This might be good for a promotion structure and help with company growth.

Dec 2, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

It is so great to see this feedback. Your advice regarding employment of a tiered support structure and all a scheduled on-call rotation is much appreciated, and is something that will surely be ... More

5. Like working with your family

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

Links provides a very pleasant work environment. Most employees are young and anxious to learn new things and share ideas. You get to use all kinds of cool IT tools. All employees are strongly encouraged to become certified in various skills - and they pay for the testing and provide the time and the study materials to get there. Monthly lunch and learn meetings for new ideas or the sharing of project ideas are held. All suggestions are considered. This is the nicest company I have ever worked for.

Cons

There are no formal annual reviews. Raises have to be requested, and you need to make a strong case. There is no formality - that is both good and bad. Would love a "career track" path.

Dec 3, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

Great to hear! We believe in promoting an environment that fosters creative thinking. We realize that our employees are the foundation for our success, and we encourage them to think outside of the ... More

6. LOVE my job!! Great employer!

Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Findlay, OH

I have been working at Links Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Links is a family run company where you feel like you are part of a team. Wonderful work-life balance! I have been abundantly awarded for my successes. I have been with Links for 14 years AND COUNTING!

Cons

It's a smaller company, so we don't have any in-house training from which to benefit; however, I have personally benefited from several off-site seminars and courses, and Links has fully supported these efforts.

Make sure that you continued to recognize the small wins along the way. It really means more than you know.

7. The only thing that I can say about this company is they employ slave labor.

Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Links Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the people there are fun to work with and the technology that they use is current. There are some other perks like having snacks and free food in the kitchen.

Cons

The company hires people with little to no experience and pays poorly. They rely on just one individual. Without adequate compensation they will not keep good employees.

To keep good employees you should compensate what the current salary is in the area of their expertise. Also invest in the education of your employees.

Oct 17, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

Links is really so sorry to read this review. We genuinely wish that your concerns were expressed to upper management before you decided to leave. Our goal is to ensure that we retain talented ... More

8. Excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - IT PM in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - IT PM in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Links Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Employee relations and benifits

Cons

Would be great to have more clients and verticals within Bay Area

Oct 16, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

It's so nice to see this! We are only as good as the people that work for us. Thank you for your dedication and for the positive comment.

9. not a lot to say, no contact once placed in field

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

they pay me to go to work

Cons

no contact with anyone in the company

Oct 17, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

We always appreciate feedback, because we can utilize this information to make any and all necessary organizational changes to avoid losing great resources in the future. Links does make every effort ... More