Lionbridge

Lionbridge Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Lionbridge Chairman, President, and CEO Rory J. Cowan

Rory J. Cowan

Pros
  • work from home whenever you want, excellent training via webinar and surveys(in 50 reviews)

• Pay-rate is decent, with flexible hours makes this perfect for stay at home moms(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • There is also NO PAY for you to go over and learn new fuzzy procedures(in 16 reviews)

• Because of this, they grant no benefits to motivate you to keep doing your best work(in 13 reviews)

Good Part Time Work But No Free Ride

Senior Search Engine Assessor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWork when you want and great if you need some extra money each month. I've been with the company over 3 years and have always been paid on time. Since you're on your own at home, you'd better take advantage of all the training materials because this is no free ride. Be quick and be correct or you're finished! The support staff gets better and better and they offer frequent webinars on rating aspects. Really, I've had no problem with the company.

ConsIt took me 2 years to be promoted to a senior rater and I always feel pressure to maintain a monthly required score. Sometimes I don't quite hit the percent required for senior raters and I think they'll fire me. Also, I work more hours than I can bill for because I want to be correct and that's frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd a forum page for raters to talk to each other besides webinars. We can help each other and it takes stress off support team.

Excellent Work from Home Opportunity/Great Company

Ad Assessor (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility with work hours.
    You can work from home.
    If you do a great job; you can have a decent steady income.
    Great realiable company.

ConsSometimes, very limited, there will be days of having no work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe you could send out an email when you know work is getting low or nonexistent and let people know when more will be added or assure there will be more added soon.

Lionbridge is a great world leader in localization and internationalization services

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA company that has critical mass in the space and is a major player.

ConsI experienced a bout of executive management change what I was there and a subsequent adjustment in direction of the SBU I was in.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your core strengths and invest in them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great telecommuting position

Internet Assessor (Former Employee)

ProsRelatively easy to qualify; decent pay; flexible work schedule

ConsMonthly payday; correct completion of tasks is somewhat subjective

Advice to Senior ManagementMore frequent paydays would be great and task guidelines need to be more clear cut with little or no room for subjective interpretation

Waste of time and resources

Independent Contractor (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsFlexible scheduling when there is actually work available

ConsUnrealistic completion times and no contact with management so you are left to figure things out for yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees and contractors

I studied and tested for over a week, only to be told that no jobs were available in my area.

ProsThey provide excellent training to help you understand what they want. If you ever do get to work for them the pay rate is very good.

ConsLots of time spent for no reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have people put that much time and effort into obtaining a job you have no intention of giving them.

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Ad Assessor (Current Employee)

ProsOthers say the pay is low but $15 an hour to do basically nothing is fine by me.

Incredibly flexible hours. Amazingly flexible hours. Work when you want. My task is only 10 hours a week to stay on. I can also take vacations when I want.

Easy work, as long as you attend weekly meetings and stay on top of your reviews. Things constantly change so stay on top of it!!

My task consistently has work available. In fact, we are given a max of 20 hours but quite often they open us up for more hours, usually up to 35, and a lot of times give extra bonuses for completing those additional hours.

ConsAuditors review and tell you you're wrong when you are giving them exactly what they asked for. It can be very frustrating. They say the work is subjective and to use your best judgement. Well, we don't all think alike, do we?
    No pay for training or weekly meetings. It hurts to be on for a few hours and not get paid for it.

I used to feel like a valued employee with amazing benefits and incentive. Then they decided to save a penny and laid us all off, re-hiring us as Independent Contractors. That was a blow to my feeling of worth to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBE MORE CONSISTENT!

Internet Assesor: Good stay at home job with exceptions.

Internet Assesor (Current Employee) Mint Hill, NC

ProsThe pay is decent and you can work whatever hours during the day you want. You can take vacations when you want since you are considered an independent contractor. You never speak with anyone during the day which can be a plus if you don't like dealing with people.

ConsThere are occasions when there is not enough work for the day. Checks are sent out once a month but if you fail to work 40hrs in the month, then your check is sent out in the second batch and received about 2 weeks later. The feedback provided by the company can be subjective at times and can get frustrating as sometimes they say one thing and provide feedback that says something else.

Unappreciated robot is how I feel.

Internet Assessor (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsNot many. Flexibility and no supervision.

ConsUnappreciated, under paid by time, unpaid education, nasty monthly testing with threats of firing if not meeting expectations of a handful of chosen tasks. Treated like a number, not human. Computers grade, review, test, educate, and threat. No human intimacy. Worst I have ever personally been treated by an employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your contractors like humans. Train the employed don't replace, expense is too high for the company and that is why they have financial struggles. Direct result of releasing workers instead of educating their issues. Replacement with untrained could never be cost effective.

Far from cutting edge, only getting worse to work for.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGiven significant freedom to perform, many good people at the company.

ConsCompletely inept upper management, serious lack of alignment across multiple fronts, and literally zero investment in technology/ processes to make better offerings. Focus is exclusively on cost savings at the expense of quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a consultant to help with Sr management alignment with employees - and stop blaming others for your own shortcomings (in vision, leadership, and execution)

Worked for Lionbridge? Contribute to the Community!