Lionbridge Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.6

Lionbridge Chairman, President, and CEO Rory J. Cowan
Rory J. Cowan

Pros
  • work from home whenever you want, excellent training via webinar and surveys (in 52 reviews)

• Pay-rate is decent, with flexible hours makes this perfect for stay at home moms (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • There is also NO PAY for you to go over and learn new fuzzy procedures (in 16 reviews)

• Because of this, they grant no benefits to motivate you to keep doing your best work (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

This company is amazing, and they go above and beyond normal measures to ensure you are successful with the company.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Lionbridge as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, no specific set hours, competitive pay

Cons

You can only invoice for the time pre-estimated for a task. Basically, if you have to research the query more than usual, you eat the cost for it and any reading of instructions or guidelines is not paid.

Repetitive, but flexible.

Current Employee - Internet Assessor

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time for less than a year

Pros

A real work at home opportunity that allows you to set your own hours, and can be challenging at times.

Cons

The amount of work available can vary from day to day, can get repetitive, low pay, and not much room to grow.

Have better communication about the availability of work.

Home based contract employee

I worked at Lionbridge for more than a year

Pros

Real work at home opportunity
    flexible hours
    Lots of training and opportunities to pick up additional types of work

Cons

work is not always available on your schedule
    lot of time waiting for available work

Better communication about workflow

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not The Place For Me

Former Employee - Internet Assessor  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Internet Assessor in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Lionbridge part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, work anytime you want.

Cons

Very little support. If you work on a task longer than the time they tell you it "should" take, you won't get paid the extra time. I was shorted HOURS of actual work on my FIRST paycheck because of their regulations.

Also it takes 2 MONTHS to get your first paycheck. Who wants to work for 2 months without seeing any money? I didn't, so I got another job. And I still work from home.

Management does not live in the US, so any virtual meetings they invite you to are in British Time (BST or GMT). And if you miss a meeting they won't have another for a week or 2. The only support they give is the training material.

Payroll payments need to be rolled out earlier than 2 months. And pay employees for the time they ACTUALLY spend rating tasks, not the time YOU say they should take. Especially for new comers. People are not all created equal & we do all work at different paces.

Not a stable job.

Current Employee - Interpreter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lionbridge as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good job to get experience in low and legal services.

Cons

Not a regular job. 2-3 assignments per month in average.

This is not the company for you...

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of smart people that you can learn from.

Cons

Leadership and strategy constantly changing, HR is non-existent when you need them, no career growth (unless you can be part of the chosen few), no raises, benefits are worse by the year, and reviews are meaningless

Start looking at your employees as assets and treat them as such.

Love working as a contractor - flexible hours, good pay

I have been working at Lionbridge as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the flexibility of working at 8 in the morning or midnight. The work isn't hard but you have to have initiative. The pay is great for working at home and what you do. They provide extensive training. The performance bonus opportunities are generous and there is the opportunity to advance at least to a senior position which, of course, expects more but also pays more.

Cons

The work can be boring at times and there is no pay for training, and there is always some kind of training. That is the biggest downfall is the boredom. It is easy to be distracted if not set up in an area that is quiet. Some of the times set for tasks are unreasonable.

most bizarre job I've ever had

Current Employee - Internet Assessor  in  Lynden, WA
    Current Employee - Internet Assessor in Lynden, WA

I have been working at Lionbridge as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

work from home whenever you want, excellent training via webinar and surveys

Cons

most time is unpaid, extensive training unpaid, frustrating to learn rating system as it makes no sense. Had to go thru extensive testing just go get hired (all unpaid, I probably spent 20 hours studying for the entrance tests). Once in, you continue with unpaid training basically for the whole time in program. They say $13.50/hr but it is actually more like $6/hour because they will only pay you for 'estimated task times' which for the most part are totally unrealistic. They say it takes 9 minutes, it usually takes more like 15-20 minutes, and that's after you've been in the program a while and get faster. If you put the higher number on your timesheet, they will reject it until you 'adjust' it. The only reason I stay in at this point is because I've put so much time in I feel like I need to get some money out of it. However, they grade you on your performance and if you aren't up to snuff you get fired. So maybe that will be how it goes down for me.

increase compensation and time estimates for this somewhat difficult and tedious work

Challening with Freedom

Current Employee - Internet Assessor  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Internet Assessor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Lionbridge as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Freedom of a boss, done on my time 24/7. Minimum hours of 10 a week is easy to meet to keep employment. Entertaining, educating, and surprising what I see doing my job every day.

Cons

In the beginning you work way more hours than you get paid for. It takes about 4 to 5 months to get the hang of it to where its seems you are getting close to meeting the time given to rate a result block.

Best for someone seeking supplemental income only. Can be fired for inaccuracy at any time.

Only apply if you have a very quick brain or you will hate it.

Needs to have a connection to the little guys in sometype of way. A newletter, a few ideas of where the company is headed, where there is room for advancment etc. Take a small amount of notice. Your workers know nothing of your company other than who they speak to electronically throughout their employment. We know nothing of what the company is about, where it is headed, what benefits are there into staying and putting forth all the effort and brain power???

Decent but inconsistent and cold

Former Employee - Internet Assesor  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Internet Assesor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Lionbridge part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, no experience needed, somewhat interesting, flexible.

Cons

There was often no work, you are treated like a number or a cog in a machine, no chance to move up or progress, unclear expectations and no feedback at all.

Treat people like people

Lionbridge Photos

The building
Lionbridge headquarters
Lobby

+ Add Photo

Worked for Lionbridge? Contribute to the Community!