Lionsgate

Jon Feltheimer

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to learn

International Royalties (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsI loved the people I worked with. Upper management was really friendly and willing to teach you. I always felt comfortable going in to ask questions. Very fun atmosphere with weekly showings of upcoming movies.

ConsIt was hard to get to know interns/employees from other departments.

Wonderful IT Department

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsEasy going, supportive management. Low pressure. Casual environment.

ConsNone really. Wonderful IT department to work in!

Great step in the industry, but maybe need more insight?

Internship (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsVery casual environment, gave a lot of effort to get people to understand the innerworkings of a the industry. Many people very interested in getting to talk to the interns and helping them understand. Free screenings!

ConsUnpaid, sometimes had to rely on your own interest to find things to do. Seemingly long hours for an unpaid internship. Some people were very unhelpful in talking to interns - looked down on us

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was only visible when they came for big meetings. Maybe have a way to get interns to interact with them? (unless this has changed)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting group of people.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI was happy to be working with so many experienced people in the industry. I learned a lot during my tenure at the company.

ConsI wasn't at the company long enough, but it seems to be a challenge to move up the ranks quickly.

It was a great internship experience

Internship (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsThe people there are very accessible. Willing to teach interns and the work was very challenging

ConsWish there were more standard training. The executives are very busy, so the training part could have been better.

Advice to Senior ManagementA great place to work for, I really like the environment there

Codeblack Internship

Digital Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsEveryone is friendly
    They really want you to learn
    It's pretty chill if you get your work done

ConsI am assigned to do some mundane paperwork, but my supervisor is always very appreciative, so it's not that bad

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsEveryone goes out of their way to help interns, they aren't looked down on. Lots of perks.

ConsAs an intern you don't get paid, which is to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore intern mixers.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Entrepreneurial attitude required. You need to be the change you want to see in the company.

Director (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsThey almost always promote from within, so there's continuous opportunity for vertical movement. Working in the film business can be fun; you can go to free movie screenings. Also, you learn a lot. The relatively smaller staff gives you the change to take on new responsibilities, so it's a great place to learn.

ConsSince there is a smaller staff, the opportunity to learn a lot is tempered by the volume of work assigned to one person. More responsibility means more volume and higher expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to cater your management style to the personality or demeanor of your direct reports. Yelling is effective for some people, others not so much.

Great benefits! Fun place to work.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsWinter break, fun small perks of working for entertainment

ConsWorking long hours is a cultural thing. No one really needs to work as much as they do. A lot of time wasting here to appear like you are working.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees instead of acting like they are replaceable. Pay them a fair rate.

Internship for the Television division of Lionsgate creative/programming team.

Creative/Programming (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsThe staff is amazing. All are willing to bend over backwards to help you learn any and all aspects of the company. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere that is extremely efficient but it feels like everyone is your friend and not just co-worker.

ConsThe only con is long hours at the office and off clock hours. However, the work that you are doing is very interesting so if you are interested in what their company does you will actually enjoy the long hours.

Worked for Lionsgate? Contribute to the Community!