Lippe Taylor Reviews

1. Digital Media/Marketing Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Lippe Taylor as an intern

Pros

A great place to intern and gain invaluable and a plethora of knowledge

Cons

Very high turnover of their employees

College students seeking internships: BEWARE!

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Lippe Taylor as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll get free food once or twice a week.

Cons

As a past intern of Lippe Taylor, I sincerely regret wasting my time at LT. Be prepared to do nothing but run errands, organize things and count inventory. You'd probably learn more working at a fast food restaurant than here AND you'd be paid! Lippe Taylor's internship program has no structure to it whatsoever and you're really just there to do the tasks no one else wants to do (i.e. organize product storage closets). You're expected to be there until at least 6pm which is bizarre because you're not even paid. It'd be one thing if you were working on projects and getting to help out on meaningful tasks, but it's really not worth it. You have no exposure to meetings, the processes of public relations, press releases, client emails, pretty much anything significant. You're given a low quality computer and told to keep track of inventory and make returns for items they purchased (AND USED) at events. At past internships, the companies had been so kind as to give their interns something on their last day as a nice gesture- a gift card, something of value, etc.. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I got a card signed by people I had never met before- a clear indicator that you will not have access to meeting other teams, interesting senior level employees or really anyone you could learn from. The work environment is like a sorority or worse, women who never graduated from the high school mentality. Maybe its PR or just LT, who know, but it's a pretty unwelcoming environment- especially if you're a lowly intern. Be very cautious before interning here and I'd highly advise against it.

Advice to Management

If you're going to run an internship program, do just that. Add some meaning and structure to it- don't just take advantage of unpaid workers to do your busy work. It really gives a negative representation of the company.

3. I enjoyed working at Lippe

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Lippe Taylor

Pros

I was an intern at Lippe for the summer. I got hands on experience with many different clients and was able to work on two main events. It was nice to have responsibility and be praised for the work that I did well. You get breakfast every morning and on Wednesday they have sweet treats!

Cons

Mostly all women, only 3 men in the office. New York mentality had some getting used to. If you can't keep up, you will have a hard time succeeding in the business.

All smoke and mirrors

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The agency has a great list of clients, , they provide staff with snacks/food three times a week and they give staff recognition and prizes during monthly staff meetings.

Cons

From the outside looking in, this agency seems like an ideal place to work. After a few weeks of working here, I realized that everything was all hype. The junior staffers are the backbone of this company and are a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately, many of them get fired or end up quitting due to the stress and lack of respect. Senior leadership is beyond disappointing. They are unprofessional, uninformed and condescending/rude. When I work at a company I want the senior staff to be examples and mentors, but there was not one person in this office that I aspire to be. Lippe Taylor does not offer any employee training, compensation is not competitive, and the benefits are slim. Working at this company made me feel like I was back in high school - except with adults. There were too many cliques and way too much gossiping. This atmosphere was not conducive to producing great work. I was excited to join Lippe Taylor, but after spending time there, I was even more excited to leave. If you are a real Public Relations professional, seeking a rewarding position at a stellar agency, do not come here.

Advice to Management

Take heed to the fact that your company is a huge revolving door and come up with ways to keep and train great talent. Talk to your employees, not just the ones you like, so you can understand them better and provide them with the tools and work they need to succeed.

6. Unique and creative company without the boring gray walls

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lippe Taylor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to succeed and grow Good reputation in the PR and media world Creative and imaginative thinkers Friendly staff and owners

Cons

Sometimes long hours as with any job

7. Engaging, dedicated, communal and great work life balance

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Lippe Taylor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lippe Taylor prides itself on being a very communal workspace and this is very evident in the friendships amongst co-workers. There is a strong camaraderie amongst employees which is very balanced with strong professionalism which shows in the work. LT is dedicated to making the work space fun and engaging and the owners abide by the credo that happy employees do better work. On top of being enjoyable, working here is an endless learning experience as the company has multiple disciplines, none of which operate in a silo, this allows for constant cross company synergy & growth. The lack of corporate bureaucracy is very refreshing and allows for ideas to get off the ground fast. Also, LT promotes from within; some of the most senior people here started with very junior positions and worked their way up. Overall, a great community that is supportive and inspirational.

Cons

Since there is no holding company certain resources aren't available (like project managers or in house development teams) but the positive part of this is it trains employees to BE more resourceful so, at the end of the day this might be a pro disguised as a con :) Also, employees come first and clients are a close second; as wonderful as this is (and it really is) it can sometimes lead to the over-servicing clients.

Advice to Management

Maybe scale back on the client demands just a little bit and managing & scaling back on expectations more firmly.

Stay away!

I worked at Lippe Taylor

Pros

Nice office, some high profile beauty brands, lots of free food.

Cons

Everyone is out for themselves, very competitive, no team work, partners are missing in action, high turnover, horrible benefits, especially maternity leave with no pay, long hours

Advice to Management

Be more present and don't support abusive people or advance or even keep them

busy, Not extremely stimulating

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Lippe Taylor as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

lots of young, smart women in the office and some interesting clients

Cons

not a great learning environment, office politics seem to important.

Advice to Management

intern program could be better designed, more structured

Mostly mundane, mindless tasks, but helped learn the fundamentals of PR

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Lippe Taylor as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on the team of people you work with, could potentially learn a lot. Good real-world experience.

Cons

Some cattiness and not a lot of structure within the internship program. Computer was very slow which made it difficult to accomplish tasks in a timely fashion.

Advice to Management

Give interns more knowledge of what's going on in terms of the big picture with clients. That way, they will understand how the tasks they are working on are impacting the team as a whole.

Sadly, was a big disappointment.

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice atmosphere; fun accounts; working hard is expected but not crazy hours. Great people.

Cons

Leadership micro manages to their detriment. CEO is charming and talented but can not let go. Micro manages every email to the point of making staff crazy. Agency run very much as a mom & pop shop. They don't seem to worry much about time sheets or billability for that matter. Kind of a silly place. Don't see much growth; will run in place for a long time. If you are ambitious and really want to grow and be given opportunities this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop the micromanagement. Be more engaged with all the employees. Walk around your office and get to know the girls.

RSS Feed </> Embed