Lippert Components

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014
2.9

Jason D. Lippert

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Human Resource Receptionist in Elkhart, IN
    Former Employee - Human Resource Receptionist in Elkhart, IN

I worked at Lippert Components full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, Great Benefits, Great co-workers great place to work at.

Cons

Promotions
    Needs more bilingual personnel
    There are not many cons i loved the placed.

No leadership from upper management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Lippert Components full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

decent pay, good insurance, easy to earn time off

Cons

-There is no leadership from upper management.
    -90% of upper management is in it for themselves
    -Bosses are never happy with results they just ask why you didn't get more
    -Never hear that you did a good job just want to complain about the little things
    -Politics play a huge roll in getting positions.

-Politics need to go out the door who cares who knows who, this will only drive your employees that are willing to bend over backwards for you out the door.
    -Recognize your mid and lower level management more then once or twice a year
    - Stop preaching opportunity when there isn't any spots open
    -Get rid of people hurting the team

Shipping/Receiving. Plant 62/39

I worked at Lippert Components

Pros

Started out in the mobile outfitters division "after market" we had a great team of employees. Management was great had no issues getting raises, was a very welcoming atmosphere kinda like family. I went from being a standard employee to head receiver/material handler in 3 years!

Cons

We moved 3 times in 3 years last to south bend. We merged with plant 39 . It really wasn't a merge though more like a hostile takeover. They pulled our old bosses power's/responsibility and let the plane 39 supervisors take over. It just went down hill from there. They lack management and if you aren't up to their standards they will fire you. As they did me. They talk about being on the same page but yet seriously lack communication themselves. To many chiefs not enough indians, I would strongly suggest one not waste your time working for lippert component's. They will lie to you and tell you work hard and you will go far. It's a very fast pace job they work you to death then expect you to work over and work what ever hours they say. And if you don't then they threaten you if you leave don't come back. There was many employees working from 6 am to midnight. They place is a mess people spit tobacco on the floor/products trash accumulates everywhere empty skids accumulates everywhere and management could care less. All they care about is themselves. It's a very controlling negative manipulating atmosphere. Do waste your time on lippert component's. Life's to short

Go back to school and take a management course. You lack management skills and your loyal employees take the fall for it!

Rise & Fall

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Lippert Components full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Quick to grow with quick decision making.

Cons

Nothing stable including management! It is difficult to follow when the staff your following keeps changing! This makes the direction to become a team environment null and void! the "Directors" are Directing but only a handful of managers are "Leading"! Those Leaders are frowned upon and are eventually eliminated.

Get on the Same Page / Using the Same Book!!!
    Standard work practice for all of the company! If you are going to continue to move managers (Poor Practice) Then at least give them the fighting chance of making it by agreeing to a company wide way of doing business!

Management Trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Lippert Components full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was at two different facilities during my time with Lippert. I was at plant 58 for thirteen months and everything was great. I accepted the position right out of college and learned a lot. We had a pretty tight knit management team.

Cons

I was transferred to a different facility and it did not work out. I felt I was greatly disrespected. It seemed that if you were not "in" with the plant managers they didn't really care much. If you didn't go out and drink with them or play on the softball team you were an afterthought. They also played favorites with the employees on the floor. Production manager at the second facility was not a good person.

Way too much time is spent at work. Much of it seemed un-necessary. They rotated who would get out early but I was not on the rotation.

Don't know how they survive as a company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Lippert Components full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Haven't found one yet, it's just a job.

Cons

Always changing work schedule, even while your working. Lack of communication on changes to my job, under paid.

Be more respectful in how you talk to the line staff.

Company behaves like a monopolist, but is not large enough to protect its market share

I worked at Lippert Components full-time

Pros

Corporate culture is casual
    Lots of opportunity to improve processes
    IT is very strong
    Huge market share in many segments
    Work life balance

Cons

Extremely poor communication between departments and plants
    Management lacks education
    Management lacks vision
    Management lacks qualifications to do assigned jobs
    Plants are very unsafe work environments
    Outsiders are not welcome
    Promotion based on who you know not what you know
    RV industry is very volatile

Upper management needs basic management training. They need to invest in themselves to make decisions beyond their gut feel. Management by accounting numbers and continuing to do things the old way will eventually destroy the company.

Great company with endless opportunity, but my life took me in another direction.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Goshen, IN
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Goshen, IN

I worked at Lippert Components full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is making strides to clean up their image and the perception of their business. They are hiring higher quality people and that are better suited for the position they will be taking. Overall I see this company continuing to grow develop into a world class operation over time.

Cons

The hours can be long but if the strides that have been made, and plans that are in place continue this won't be an issue for long.

Continue developing new ideas to lower turnover rate. Show a little more appreciation for the employees. Make sure everyone is held accountable for their work.

Family atmosphere with plenty of opportunities"

I worked at Lippert Components part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is expanding rapidly so it gives room for growth opportunities. There is ALWAYS something to do, and management does a great job of identifying hard work.

Cons

Some of my colleagues and myself often were found bringing a lot of work home with us or spending long hours at the office. The workload can become overwhelming.

Consider opening up more positions in certain areas to spread the work load.

Nice people

Former Employee - Customer Service Warranty in Goshen, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Warranty in Goshen, IN

I worked at Lippert Components

Pros

Good compensation. Great benefits and office is a very clean environment.

Cons

Geared to rv industry and down trends can effect lay offs.

keep people informed