Lippert Components

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014
3.4

Jason D. Lippert

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Human Resource Receptionist  in  Elkhart, IN
    Former Employee - Human Resource Receptionist in Elkhart, IN

I worked at Lippert Components full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hours, Great Benefits, Great co-workers great place to work at.

Cons

Promotions
    Needs more bilingual personnel
    There are not many cons i loved the placed.

Rise & Fall

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Lippert Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quick to grow with quick decision making.

Cons

Nothing stable including management! It is difficult to follow when the staff your following keeps changing! This makes the direction to become a team environment null and void! the "Directors" are Directing but only a handful of managers are "Leading"! Those Leaders are frowned upon and are eventually eliminated.

Get on the Same Page / Using the Same Book!!!
    Standard work practice for all of the company! If you are going to continue to move managers (Poor Practice) Then at least give them the fighting chance of making it by agreeing to a company wide way of doing business!

Management Trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Lippert Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was at two different facilities during my time with Lippert. I was at plant 58 for thirteen months and everything was great. I accepted the position right out of college and learned a lot. We had a pretty tight knit management team.

Cons

I was transferred to a different facility and it did not work out. I felt I was greatly disrespected. It seemed that if you were not "in" with the plant managers they didn't really care much. If you didn't go out and drink with them or play on the softball team you were an afterthought. They also played favorites with the employees on the floor. Production manager at the second facility was not a good person.

Way too much time is spent at work. Much of it seemed un-necessary. They rotated who would get out early but I was not on the rotation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't know how they survive as a company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Goshen, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Lippert Components full-time for less than a year

Pros

Haven't found one yet, it's just a job.

Cons

Always changing work schedule, even while your working. Lack of communication on changes to my job, under paid.

Be more respectful in how you talk to the line staff.

Great company with endless opportunity, but my life took me in another direction.

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Goshen, IN
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Goshen, IN

I worked at Lippert Components full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is making strides to clean up their image and the perception of their business. They are hiring higher quality people and that are better suited for the position they will be taking. Overall I see this company continuing to grow develop into a world class operation over time.

Cons

The hours can be long but if the strides that have been made, and plans that are in place continue this won't be an issue for long.

Continue developing new ideas to lower turnover rate. Show a little more appreciation for the employees. Make sure everyone is held accountable for their work.

Company behaves like a monopolist, but is not large enough to protect its market share

I worked at Lippert Components full-time

Pros

Corporate culture is casual
    Lots of opportunity to improve processes
    IT is very strong
    Huge market share in many segments
    Work life balance

Cons

Extremely poor communication between departments and plants
    Management lacks education
    Management lacks vision
    Management lacks qualifications to do assigned jobs
    Plants are very unsafe work environments
    Outsiders are not welcome
    Promotion based on who you know not what you know
    RV industry is very volatile

Upper management needs basic management training. They need to invest in themselves to make decisions beyond their gut feel. Management by accounting numbers and continuing to do things the old way will eventually destroy the company.

Family atmosphere with plenty of opportunities"

I worked at Lippert Components part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is expanding rapidly so it gives room for growth opportunities. There is ALWAYS something to do, and management does a great job of identifying hard work.

Cons

Some of my colleagues and myself often were found bringing a lot of work home with us or spending long hours at the office. The workload can become overwhelming.

Consider opening up more positions in certain areas to spread the work load.

Nice people

Former Employee - Customer Service Warranty  in  Goshen, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Warranty in Goshen, IN

I worked at Lippert Components

Pros

Good compensation. Great benefits and office is a very clean environment.

Cons

Geared to rv industry and down trends can effect lay offs.

keep people informed

WHAT A JOKE!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Goshen, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I worked at Lippert Components

Pros

Wages are decent compared to other places. They do promote people quickly, but beware. You will be promoted and not have a CLUE what you are doing. When you fail, you get in trouble for it. They are pretty stable, except for the layoff in 2008. It's a growing company, so it will be a good place to work when all others are bought out. Hours are good - 6 to 2:30 and some overtime permitted.

Cons

Where to start.

Like I said earlier, you will be promoted even if you have no knowledge of the job. You will be expected to do your job and if you fail, it's YOUR fault. No one ever wants to help you; you will completely be on your own. Employees (especially upper management) are constantly talking crap about each other and literally trying to get others fired. If you think you have friends there, you probably don't. Everyone talks about everyone and throws your business everywhere. If you are not apart of the little clique they have going there, good luck to you! There is NO communication whatsoever. Things are constantly changing and they don't care if you know or not. Be prepared to pick up trash outside and do other prison-like work. Don't expect a please or a thank you for going above and beyond.

Employees that have been there for years will not be promoted, yet a new person who's been there 6 months will be. Don't be surprised.

The computer system they run on is ridiculous. It always crashes and doesn't ever work right. The network is SO huge that you'll end up locked out of the system right when you need it. Month end really sucks... so don't plan on having doctor appointments on the last day of the month. Good luck during inventory as well. I've heard you can work 15 hour days on that day.

There is so much favoritism going on that it's scary. Like I said, if you are not an alcoholic, forget about being part of their group. Everyone smokes... so get used to it. There is also no breaks, just a 30 minute lunch. No soap in the bathrooms, so bring your own. There are quite a few OSHA violations in the company, but until OSHA is notified, they will never be corrected.

I would NEVER recommend this job to anyone. I personally feel as though work release inmates are treated better. That is not an understatement! I worked inside the factory, so I have no idea how other areas are... but if you work here, choose a job in receiving or at the dock. At least you will be outside and not have management breathing down your neck.

COMMUNICATE!!! If you like your employees, TELL THEM. Stop acting like you are better than anyone because you wear a black LCI coat and park inside the gates. If you get employee of the month, tell your employees thank you! You are ONLY as good as your crew.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Lippert Components

Pros

Willing to train employees to succeed.

Cons

LONG hours at quarter end!

None

Worked for Lippert Components? Contribute to the Community!