Liquid Agency

Liquid Agency Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott Gardner

Amazing family feel with excellent talent, family feel,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGood community and a family like feel. Excellent mid level managers and project management team, client managers... No one is dead weight there and everyone is fun, motivated, and inspirational.

ConsOne digital designer in the whole company. Woefully behind the digital curve because of this, and nothing looks to be changing on that note anytime soon.

Focus on appearance that can conflict with employees well being. Tie always goes to appearance.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive Management: Get digital designers, and actually empower innovation instead of just complaining when it isn't there.

Want to be full-service shop with a lot of smoke and mirrors

ProsA handful of the bigger budget work gets proper respect and attention to detail, most of the folks are friendly.

ConsThe executives pitch all business, their hiring is completely hit or miss (poor recruiting coming from failed agencies) with a couple of really poor client service management hires in the last couple of years, and a lot of management just doesn't get what's going on in the industry. They try to invent new brand experience approaches unnecessarily instead of focusing on quality work and service. There is little to no culture, with a moldy office filled with cockroaches (SJ) and a drab white on white look to everything. Most folks with respectable backgrounds are out within a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of employees, get a new recruiter, change out client services management hired before mid-2012, focus on quality work instead of the 80% "keeping the lights on" junk that you never put in your portfolio, and stop trying to be everything to your clients. You're graphic designers until you hire new designers, your brand experience, UI and media work is horrible.

Great people and vision

Director (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsTop-notch, engaged talent
    Flexible hours
    Really interesting work
    Culture (Portland office)

ConsMinor politics
    Management is a bit behind the times
    Culture a huge issue in the San Jose office, primarily driven by management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your own way. Email is seen as a nuisance in the company--harkens back to 2001... Embrace technology and tools. Sometimes those below you know a hell of a lot more about technology.

Ditch "Silicon Valley Thinking"--this is clunky, way off intended target, and comes across as hugely stale, especially if you seek to gain a national and then international presence.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best companies!

Director of Finance (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsAmazing, Fun, Loyal, Committed, Challenging

ConsCan't really think of any cons at the moment!

Great place to work

ProsAwesome people around you all the time, a lot of laughs. Approachable and warm executive management. Great, high profile clients and projects. Extremely talented creatives.

ConsNone. Okay, fine. Net 45 contracts. But the pay is well above industry standard.

Liquid - Do good work and you get respect

ProsGood people who treat you well if you deliver. I've yet to find information held back from employees or freelancers. There's a lot of openness. The agency also has a good reputation within the industry.

ConsI wouldn't necessarily call it a con of working at Liquid Agency, because it's a con of the industry, but there can be some hurry up and wait.

Worked for Liquid Agency? Contribute to the Community!