Liquid Compass

Awesome work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Liquid Compass

Pros

I have seen a tremendous transformation at Liquid Compass over the past few years. I have personally never experienced a professional environment where they treat you with such a high level of respect, and constantly reward the team for jobs well done. The people here are amazing, the weekly lunches and BBQs are always an unexpected surprise, and they even allow dogs at work! Where else can you find this? While there has definitely been a few growing pains, I can say that the pro's outweigh the con's at Liquid Compass.

Cons

Because Liquid Compass is a growing company, serving a cool / emerging streaming radio industry, you are expected to work and contribute at your full capacity - which may seem like you're constantly going a million miles an hour. If you're not prepared for a fast-paced environment that constantly challenges you to think outside the box, you won't survive.

It's encouraging to see the top brass start to pass the reigns to the team to build new leaders within the organization. More people to assist with daily projects is always welcome, but I'm confident in our leaders that they will help us grow in a manner that is best for the company. It's awesome to work for a few visionaries that have helped to create what streaming radio is today.

Poor communication, motivating through fear

Former Employee - Support/Trainer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Support/Trainer in Denver, CO

I worked at Liquid Compass full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, sometimes a free lunch. I loved the people I worked with and my job was fun. People bonded over their hatred for the owners.

Cons

Unprofessional managers. I was insulted, belittled and intimidated by one of the owners. They lacked management skills and were too focused on money, not the people. They try to make it seem like it's a great place to work with lunches and guitar hero, and a fish tank, but nobody had time to enjoy those things. It's obvious the positive review by an "employee" was written by one of the owners, probably by the one we called "zachole".

Hire someone to manage staff and focus on business development

Don't accept a job here

Former Employee - Developer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at Liquid Compass

Pros

Liquid Compass is doing cool things with internet radio.

Cons

The two owners are the most incompetent people you will ever work for. They are unreasonable and treat the employees very poorly. It would be impossible to please these two and they eventually fire all of the staff. It is just a matter of how long you can tolerate them. Do not accept a position with this company, you will be sorry.

Hire managers and stay home and do not interact with the staff. It would be best for everyone.