LiquidAgents Healthcare Reviews

Sheldon Arora

Smart + Hard Work = $$$

Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter
    Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter

I have been working at LiquidAgents Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're smart and put in the time you can make good money fast. I've been here for 6 months and am already seeing a solid commission check. Nice group of people. Very helpful when I have questions. I tend to have a lot and no one has complained yet. :) Friday afternoon mini parties for hitting goals. Good system of recognition. Pretty amazing coffee machine just arrived. Starbucks style!

Cons

Not many frills. It's not like Google or anything. Pretty basic kitchen and game room. No protein bars in the vending machine. (Not really a big deal but would be nice)

Advice to Management

Take some of us out once in a while. Some of us like to work hard and play hard! Otherwise keep up the good work.

You get out of it what you put into it, the only real account from the inside

I have been working at LiquidAgents Healthcare full-time

Pros

The reason I am taking the time to write this is because I just had to let everyone know the truth. This company is not a cake walk. It's not a 9-5 job. Then again, I guess by looking at these negative reviews most people are interested in working at one of those types of "Office Space" jobs. Have you seen my stapler? I've been with the company almost a year now and I will have to say, the bad reviews on here are some of the funniest things but deepest personal digs I have ever read. I wonder where these people have worked at before that makes them think this is the worst place ever. It's like they say in marketing class every person that had a bad experience tells 10 friends every person that has a good experience only tells two friends. Overall this place is friendly, competitive, and as fun as work can be. I like competitive work environments, if you don't, this isn't your cup of tea. One of the best things I like about this job is that the company welcomes suggestions. Managers usually give people chances to change things up so they can try and be more successful. We try new things all the time; not everything is a winner but I like the fact that we try. The business is pretty lucrative. If you have some common sense, a decent work ethic, organizational skills, and people skills you can be successfull quickly. I'm doing pretty well at the company, all without doing any extracurriculars as mentioned in a few other posts. Am I just lucky? I don't think so. The problem with accounts in previous reviews is that they spin the truth to make it sound really bad. What happens when people start being successful in a competitive environment? Upper management notices. Oh no! Then they do different things to reward those people for doing well and going above and beyond. It's really terrible. (sarcasm) Sadly, some that aren't doing well see those rewards as other people getting special treatment. Then they go on the internet and blast people... really mature. Yes the CEO is involved in the company. Some people don't like it. I personally don't understand why people find it shocking that the CEO is involved in the business. The up side to this is that you get to talk to and give feedback to the CEO on a regular basis. Also, if you're doing good things he is more likely to notice. All the reviews make him out to be some sort of sinister boss/movie character, he's not. For the record, he's actually a pretty nice guy and always asking people what he can do to make things better. What a monster! Personally, it's sad to see disgruntled people taking personal shots at a company and a bunch of managers that, by my perspective, try to help by putting in a lot of time and effort to help employees out and in the end all they got was this lousy review. (if someone makes a T Shirt out of that you have to send me some money) I think everyone here is genuinely a nice person which I haven't been able to say at previous places I've been to. Oh and the culture of the company is probably the best thing so I saved it for last. It's borderline a family type of environment. Everyone here is super helpful, supportive, and willing to go out of their way to show you how to be successful, at least they were to me. I don't think that I would've gotten good at this job without the help of the other employees and managers here. Yea I will agree with some other reviews that the formal training is not always consistent but it's not like they don't know what to do or teach. Personally, I prefer the hands on type of training better and think that it's more effective than just a classroom with book. If you practice and make mistakes you learn faster. If you like that better too then this is the place you should want to be. So, again, that's what works for me and I think that's why I've been able to thrive here. What you put in = What you get out

Cons

The negative side of having the CEO involved in day to day activities is that you can't really slack off because he's always around and in the day to day operations, so you always have to mind your P's and Q's. I think that's what stresses people out the most. But I'm sure that there could be worse things than having to come in and do your job every day, even if you're not feeling 100%. The new hires in the office are a little too young. Only two company-wide events so far that I've heard of... Not many fruits and vegetables in the kitchen. Training could be a little more consistent.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people straight out of college without prior work experince because they don't appreciate anything you will do. Do more company wide events because I like those. : ) Have more healthy alternative perks like gym subsidies and healthy snacks for free.

You make your own opportunities

I have been working at LiquidAgents Healthcare

Pros

I have never really looked at the reviews on Glassdoor and it is evident to me that I can literally figure out who wrote each review here. Most importantly: You chose your own financial destiny. If you can want to make 35-40K working 8 hours a day, this is not the place or job for you. If you have a strong work ethic and want to able to be compensated for your handwork, there is opportunity here. If you want a company that can read your thoughts, this is not the place or job for you. If you have insightful information you think could make something better and have the ability to articulate it, there is opportunity to make change. Great 401k match, full health benefits, and incentives. I've never worked at a place that can reward you for doing what you are supposed to in terms of monetary incentives, concert tickets, and other items.

Cons

Moaning and Complaining from people who do not know how to work can be disruptive.

Advice to Management

Hire people who want to work and push the boundaries.

Brutally Honest Review

I worked at LiquidAgents Healthcare full-time

Pros

Not everything is bad about this company. BUT the good things they offer are not enough to keep you around – there are WAY better opportunities out there. - If you’re lucky enough to get invited on the quarterly (realistically this happens ONCE a year) trips, they are great learning opportunities. You meet during the day to talk about business and how the company can improve and at night you party it up in Vegas. Free airfare, hotel and booze while on the trip. - Beer cart Fridays are nice incentive to be able to unwind after a stressful week/month - Monetary incentives offered during Friday morning meetings ($25 here, $100 there to basically do the job you were hired to do in the first place) - There USED to be a stocked break room until they got cheap and required you to buy things out of the vending machine - Occasional concert and sporting event tickets are offered to those who are in the “inner circle” - Occasional early releases on Friday (that just make up for the late hours you work during the week) - A lot of new grads – so if you’re new to town or single and young, you can meet new people your age - Happy Hours every now and then – they don’t happen as often as they used to when the company was smaller - If you’re competitive and thrive on being cut down to motive you then you will do great here! - You can make some pretty decent money, it takes a while to get to the point where you do. But if you’re dedicated and put in the effort to be successful in can pay off on your paycheck.

Cons

I really don’t know where to begin on this one because there is a laundry list of things I need and want to say. Every single person who reads this once I post it will most likely know that I wrote it and I am sure I will get blasted for it, but my opinions are honest and quite frankly: the truth. Many current and former employees share my same opinions. The absolute worst thing about this company is that if you are not in the “inner circle” you don’t really mean very much to the CEO – regardless of your production. At one time I absolutely loved my job at this company – until I was no longer in the inner circle and hung out with the CEO on a weekly basis to stroke his ego. Looking back on my experience I can readily admit that I was brainwashed into thinking that this place was the best it was ever going to be for me and I should be grateful for the opportunities afforded to me. Don’t get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY grateful for my experiences at this company – I made some pretty good friends out of my experiences as well as learned who I was and how I wanted to act in a corporate environment. It taught me what NOT to look for in my next employer and gave me the knowledge of recruiting and the healthcare field to allow me the AWESOME opportunity of the job that I am in now. So my experiences were not all bad, but mostly (especially toward the end). You really need to check your morals at the door when you work here. - You will be asked to falsify information in the system so that field employees cannot collect unemployment benefits. - Should you choose to date a fellow employee without notifying upper management/the CEO, you better make sure that person is not in the inner circle or you will find yourself terminated while they just get a slap on the wrist and keep their job. (Everyone knows this has happened recently). - When controversial things happen around the office, expect to get pulled into meetings and spun some whirlwind story so that you believe people actually deserved to be terminated. - If you are smart enough to get out and start looking for another job while still employed, do your best to make sure you only tell people you trust – there are certain employees in the office who thrive on being a “tattle-tale” in order to win brownie points with the CEO. You will quickly find yourself fired if they have proof you’re searching. - There is no such thing as a two-week notice here – they don’t trust anyone enough to let them successfully transfer field employees to a new recruiter because of past experiences. Supposedly a former employee knew he was quitting and stole information from the database to start his own company so this is the reason they don’t allow anyone to give a notice. This is probably another one of those whirlwind lies that was spun to get everyone to be “Team LiquidAgents.” If it’s true, I honestly don’t blame the guy! - The “Best Places to Work” surveys are completely bogus! The CEO holds an all hands meeting before every survey is sent out and bribes employees to fill out the survey in a favorable manner. They say they are anonymous but they always tell a story about one employee who “accidentally” filled it out wrong because he wasn’t paying attention. Take that how you will. Here’s a little of what to expect if you work here: When you start here, you’re most likely a new grad fresh out of college who is desperate to find and start your career. The interview sounds GREAT because they talk about all of the perks you will receive and the fun you can have on the job like throwing footballs around and shooting NERF guns at each other (yeah that doesn’t happen much, just as an FYI). And here is where the brain washing begins. When you first come in, the more seasoned employees are required to make an effort to reach out to you and take you to lunch a few times here and there. The two or three employees that are attached to the CEOs hip will try to bring you under their wing really quickly so that you do not form your own opinions or speak to those who are unhappy in their jobs. Once you show that you are easily manipulated and play into the need to feel accepted, you have shown them you are vulnerable and you will be brainwashed to the tenth degree to believe that everything that management and the CEO says should be taken as gold. Once this happens, you’re in the “inner circle.” A few things to expect if you’re NOT in that circle: This company is not a very family friendly one. Sure, there are a few people throughout the office that have families, but they have been with the company for a while. Most everyone in a production role is expected to stay from 8am to 6:30pm to work. And if you have a family to take care of that prevents you from doing this, you are looked down upon for not putting in extra effort (even if you work through lunch almost every day). The CEO likes to say to the females in the office that he wants all of his company’s to be run by them one day. However, if you have a family or get pregnant while you are employed expect to constantly have remarks thrown at you like: “nobody ever comes back from maternity leave,” and “we really don’t expect you to come back once you have the baby, we know it’s hard.” Even worse if you actually DO return from maternity leave you’ll have comments made toward you such as: “I’m really surprised you came back,” and “we aren’t sure how long you’ll stay, we know it’s hard to be away from your baby.” Those comments are not conducive to an environment that is friendly to women, let alone one that the CEO supposedly wants to be run by women. Expect to have your every move scrutinized and be micromanaged like nobody’s business. If you’re not one of the favorites you will constantly be pulled into meetings to be questioned why you can’t hit your numbers. And if you ask for help when you’re struggling, good luck getting it if you’re not one of those favorites. The favoritism in this company really really kills me. I know what you’re thinking: You just hate it because you used to be a favored employee and then no longer were. No- that’s not it at all. It really irks me to my core that this company has employees who work extremely hard for where they are in their career and even life and do not get the recognition they deserve. While someone else can come in 1)without the true qualifications for the job, 2)a personal connection to the CEO, 3)be horrible at the job they’re supposed to do and STILL be handed everything under the sun. You can be promoted into a “team lead” role and even “senior recruiter” role without so much as earning those titles because you go out and party with the CEO on the weekend. Those who actually EARN those titles and try to have a life outside of work are not given the recognition they deserve for being the ones who keep this company up and running. A few of the team leads/senior recruiters are only where they are today because they became buddy-buddy with the CEO and were handed a lot of the things that got them there, not because they worked for it. I know I have not covered everything that is wrong with this place, but take this information how you will and form your own opinions. Don’t be brainwashed into thinking this place is even remotely a great place to work (as mentioned before CEO pressures and bribes the employees to write good reviews on those surveys anyways- even holds an all hands meeting before they are emailed out).

Advice to Management

Many of the employees who are currently employed and have the mindset that this company can no wrong, will most likely try every attempt to combat this review and run my name through the mud by saying the only reason I am writing these things is because I am disgruntled. I can assure you this is NOT the case. I truly want people that are contemplating working here to know what they are getting into before they get there. And I hope that upper management and the CEO can look at these things and see that things really do need to change because treating people the way they do is unethical, immoral and hopefully can only last for so long. Hopefully employees who are still there and are looking for other jobs/know the truth about this place will know where I am coming from on this review and support me. My advice to management is: - Stop making employees write good reviews on here. It makes you look desperate and is evident which ones were written because they were requested to be written. When you have to request that employees write good reviews on here to offset the bad ones, there’s a problem. And when only a certain few people do it because everyone with an ethical and moral conscious refuse to lie for you, that is something you need to look at. - Treat your employees with respect before you demand it from them. Most employees walk around that office with fear that they will lose their job at any moment because the CEO is in a bad mood that day – that’s not a healthy environment for anyone to be. - Trust your employees to do the job you have hired them to do. Stop micromanaging and allow them to be successful with the tools you’ve given them. - Stop playing favorites! It’s very evident who in the office is in that “inner circle” I’ve talked so much about. You need to treat all employees equally and not give preferential treatment to those who have not earned it.

Where do I start?

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Plano, TX

I worked at LiquidAgents Healthcare

Pros

I'm going to try my best to be 100% honest about this company. There are good things- You do receive generous "incentives" to stay at the company. The management/CEO will take you to happy hours, concerts, etc- as everyone has mentioned, which is all dandy. You do learn great communication skills and I think the "cold-calling" really helps build your social skills and professionalism over phone and e-mail. They do give you plenty of time and opportunity to do well and "hit your numbers"- if they like you. Also, as previously mentioned in other reviews, you do get the beer cart and early releases on Friday- although that just evens out to normal work hours because you work 8-6pm the rest of the week. There is opportunity to make a lot of money. If you do well, your commission will reflect it. Full of new college grads, so if you are looking to meet new people and surround yourself with people at the same level or education/experience, this is a good start.

Cons

No matter what anyone else says, one thing is evident at this company- if the CEO/management doesn't "love" you, and you are not hanging out with them when requested- you will be let go. Sheldon, the CEO, takes everything entirely too personal. At the Friday morning meetings he constantly rags on everyone's productivity. His methods just do not work- which should be clear when they see such a high turnover rate. The negativity may help some, but to most, it is very exhausting and it's hard to develop a desire to do better when you constantly have to hear his nagging. He brainwashes people with low education or self insecurities into thinking this will be the best gig you can get- it's not. I agree that it works for some, but I find that "some" to be very few. The days are extremely long, 8-6, and in all honesty they expect you to stay longer to put in "more effort." If you have no friends or no life- this is the place for you. The boss literally takes people to happy hours and asks "who should I fire", "who do you not like?" - if that doesn't scream unprofessional, I don't really know what does. Even those who send this company/CEO praises cannot deny that this takes place. Training is terrible. If they're in the mood to train, they will. If not, they cancel it and you really get no help. Half of the people they have over you are too busy to even help. Any good reviews are written by the management to try and even out the playing field. But do yourself a favor and only work here if you have no other option, or at least do your research.

Advice to Management

Just look at all the reviews and I can think management can determine what needs to change. Be more professional. Conduct your interviews more vigorously so you can tell who will and will not succeed so you can possibly minimize the extremely high turnover rate you have. Have better training. The entire management team needs a come to Jesus moment.

good first job out of college

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at LiquidAgents Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management (Recruiting & Sales Managers) will actually listen to you & is genuinely interested in helping you succeed

Cons

Work/Life balance is a bit difficult. 10 hours a day and they do make sure you stay for all of it. The compensation doesn't always seems equal compared to all the hours & stress put in every day.

Advice to Management

More positive feedback for employees. There's quite a few who are always scared of losing their jobs.

8. Don't Listen to the Negative Stuff, It's a great Company

Current Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX

I have been working at LiquidAgents Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great job for people who are looking for a career. This is not a quick job to get you by if you just need a paycheck. The longer you work at it, the more money you will make. Training here is very good. Managers care about their employees and try very hard to make all employees work out. Benefits are awesome. This is a sales job so at the end of the day, the team must produce numbers. I like the accountability aspect. It makes me feel that my hard work really pays off and no one gets a free ride. We get free lunches, free concerts, free advice from people who can help you grow your career, and if we have a problem I feel like I can go to my manager.

Cons

Because we hire a lot of people out of college with little work experience, you unfortunately risk hiring people who feel like they can be unprofessional at work and not be held accountable. That is the problem with reviews on this site is that you can almost pinpoint every bad review to someone who paid some consequence over something they did that got them in trouble. People who complain because the owner of the company takes time out to go to concerts and get to know his employees on his dime outside of work is just pathetic. No one is ever forced anyone to go anywhere and it is all in good fun if you do go. It is sad that bitter people try to make my company look bad to others because they cant be professional enough to follow rules at work. There are no favoritisms given here. You are given more opportunities based on your performance and unfortunately for some, not everyone can be successful in sales.

Advice to Management

No advice, just thank you for giving direct feedback, providing generous opportunities and not changing based on a few people's experiences. I think the people we have here are great and glad to see some of the ones with bad attitudes leave the company. I enjoy coming to work and hanging out with the people I work with. It is a great support system and sometimes we need that with the stressful days this type of work brings. Early outs on Fridays are probably my favorite side benefit so maybe spread that to a Tuesday or Wed early out and it would be perfect .

Run as fast as you can away from this company

Former Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX

I worked at LiquidAgents Healthcare

Pros

I try to be as unbiased as I can be, so, the pros that I can readily identify with this company are the seldom perks you get like "Beer Cart Fridays" which happen sometimes, within the first 2-3 weeks as a new hire you are "wooed" with extravagant outings and early-outs to go to happy hours with the upper management. The break room is pretty nice, has an assortment of coffee and espresso and a whole bunch of snacks. There is a "play room" that is used very rarely.

Cons

I will admittedly say there are more cons, and this section is going to be bigger than the pros obviously. First off, in my time there, I saw senior members, even people there from the inception of this company being walked out at least 2-3 people almost every other day. As an employee sitting in a cubical, you see this, they try their hardest to hide it from the other employees, but unless you are blind, you will see it. During my time there, the training was terrible, I was employed with other companies as a recruiter and can tell you that this company is in its infancy in terms of training, standards and professionalism. Usually on a weekly basis (probably 1-2 times a week), you will be escorted into a meeting room where you are to do "mock interviews" like you would with a potential recruit on the phone. The scenarios are often ambiguous, practically no standardization to at least maintain any form of quality assurance and streamlined capabilities. Most often, it ends with the upper management telling something along the lines of "we will see how you do on Thursday or Friday, and if you haven't improved, we will need to make other arrangements for you because it is not looking like a good fit." Imagine being told this every week, could you imagine the stress that induces, even on the most psychologically well-adjusted person? Like others have said, this office is a group of semi-fresh college graduates and some fresh college graduates. The CEO is full of himself, he really is, he is the epitome of an uninterested and uninvolved CEO who probably should try out the TV show "Undercover Boss."

Advice to Management

This job is going to seem lucrative, for many new college graduates who have worked for $7.50-11.00 an hour, this job makes you feel like you achieved the best gig in the world. Do not be fooled. You need to display good work ethic, to those who have graduated college, this is no small thing, take that with great pride and know not to let employers exploit your youth and supposed ignorance of the "real world." You can do better. Do your homework, look at other companies that hire recruiters, look at the reviews, go to the interviews and try to establish a base-line of how alike and unalike employers are. This company is by no means isolated in how it functions, there are several others and they truly do give a bad name to the recruiting profession. Think about this: employers like this exploit your new college grad. status and know they can buy a BMW on a Ford budget. Let that sink in.

Laughing so hard at the attempts to make this company look worth your while.

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter

I worked at LiquidAgents Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed dress code? Yeah, that's about it.

Cons

In my time at LAH, I was constantly in fear of losing my job. Not because of my productivity, but because the CEO and management run the company in this way. They lead by fear. Nearly every Friday you're informed of your incompetence at the weekly meeting. Constant hits at your ego. Sure, beer carts, concerts, happy hours are nice, but at the end of the day, they do not pay your bills (the base salary and commission is a joke!) or make up for the lack of professionalism constantly exhibited by the LAH management/CEO. I feel sorry for those who still work there and who are being brain washed to think that they're valued at employees. They let a top performer go for no reason. They'll wash their hands of you in a second. They lie about being able to "double your base salary" during the interview. Don't get suckered in.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, not by showering them with cheap perks, but invest in them as people and make them feel secure in their positions. Stop being so involved with drama- you hire people straight out of college, encourage them to constantly hang out with one another and then turn them on one another...what do you expect?? Stop micromanaging.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at LiquidAgents Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thorough Training - I felt confident that I could perform my job after graduating Opportunity for advancement - the company takes risks by letting individuals try out the team lead role, as well as gives employees the opportunity to apply for internal positions in other departments Great Culture - Fun work Environment Nice location Many Perks - Stocked break room, Happy Hours, Free lunch on occasion, Over the top holiday party Potential to make a lot of $$$ - I am still building up my pipeline but I can see that if I stick with it, I will be making way more than I anticipated

Cons

Long hours - 8-6 Typical cattiness between some of the employee Pressure at times to hit your goal numbers

Advice to Management

Keep taking chances on some of the newer people.

RSS Feed </> Embed