LiquidHub Reviews

Reset
2.9
LiquidHub President Jonathan A Brassington
Jonathan A Brassington

Pros
  • In these many years the only thing that exists is Work-Life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Work culture at Hyderabad office is good (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This turned out to be untrue and has dissuaded me from working for a consulting company again (in 4 reviews)

• If you make a certain amount of money, you will have to become a manager while still being expected to bill 40/hours week (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Expanding IT Consulting firm with solid Leadership who understand Technology.

Current Employee - Associate in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Wayne, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Strong Technical Leadership who understand the solutions they are proposing.
    - Flexibility - Open to different approaches to come up with a solution
    - No micromanagement which leads to burnout

Cons

- Consulting requires openness & flexibility to help with the current needs of the organization - I think that a number of the negative reviews on this site come from people who did not understand the nature of consulting & were looking for a standard 9-5 job, 15 minutes from their house where they can spend the next 10 years.

Please fix while there is still time.

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub (More than 8 years)

Pros

Still a good place to work as long as you’re willing to sacrifice.

Cons

When I started with LH many years ago, the company promoted itself as a place that cared about their assets – the associates. They were different than other consulting companies and were not like a sweatshop. This has changed. We used to have the concept of “the Bench”; a place to go after an assignment ended waiting for your next assignment. During this time we were supposed to get training and recharge our batteries for our next client. In all the years that I have been with LH, I have never received any training. Yes, I could open a book and teach myself, but no real training.

Another thing that really is hurting the company is that one hand doesn’t know what the other hand is doing. The Recruiters don’t communicate well with the Account Managers. When an assignment comes up or when someone comes off of an assignment, there is no communication. Many good associates were lost because new opportunities could not be found, but the Recruiters were able to find new bodies to fit the roles. In other words, they don’t do a very good job retaining talent. In addition, there have been many assignments that I have been sent to that have not been what I was told. Their philosophy was just figure it out and learn the technology on your time and never let the client think or know that you are not “an expert”. I know its part of consulting, but very stressful.

On top of this, the company is always sends out emails stating that LH has purchased another company and that the company’s financials are great. We are up millions but very few are receiving bonuses or even cost of living raises.

Advice to Management

Please wake up! Remember that caring about your associates is what made LiquidHub strong in the first place. Is nice to hear how well the company is doing, but you need to share the wealth sometimes, especially when the Bonus plan is all but impossible to receive (funky math and client specific) or nonexistent.

3. good company

Former Employee - Java Developer in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Malvern, PA

I worked at LiquidHub

Pros

good salary and benefits good salary and benefits

Cons

Managment is not good Managment is not good

Advice to Management

keep your eye on empoloyee

LiquidHub - Continuing to Grow and Improve

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Exton, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding opportunities for people who are self-driven, self-motivated and value autonomy
    Compensation is above average
    Lots of room for professional growth in various areas

Cons

Some internal business processes need improvement (but progress is being made)
    Benefits are more expensive than some of the competition

Advice to Management

Continue to work on core business process that impact employees experience
    Continue to improve corporate culture for the United States based employees
    Continue to improve the quantity and quality of communications throughout the organization

Exploding with Opportunity!

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub

Pros

LiquidHub is a fast growing IT/Digital Integrator providing cutting edge of technology solutions and service offerings. The CEO has a clear and concise vision of where he would like to take the firm and has been successfully executing on this vision. I have personally been able to expand my role and responsibilities and have received annual raises and two significant promotions in a relatively short period of time.

Cons

This type of fast growing and changing environment is NOT for the faint of heart. If you are not willing to step out of your comfort zone and have your personal and professional capabilities challenged on a daily basis don't even bother trying work at LiquidHub, you will be chewed up and spit out.

Advice to Management

Growing an organization at this pace is going to disrupt your culture form time to time as well as leave you forgetting aspects that has made LiquidHub such a special place to work. Don't lose your identity in the confusion of multiple acquisitions and expanding geographic reach.

Communication is non-existent

I worked at LiquidHub full-time

Pros

Most of the clients are close to Philadelphia...so if LH does find you another client (which is 50/50), it should be fairly close to your home.

Cons

No communication at all between upper management and lower management/associates/client. It's basically policy du jour to maintain a client at any cost, at the expense of the associate's pay, OT demands and training.

Advice to Management

Do not break promises.... and reward the people who got you to where you are. Recognize loyalty, dedication, client trust, knowledge and talent.

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Firm is focused on disruptive techologies (SMAC stack). Company has great talent and immense passion for the work we do and the problems we solve for our clients. CEO is a great visionary who lives and breathes the business, setting a great tone for our employees.

Cons

It is a fast paced company and at times meeting the job demands can be challenging. However efforts are rewarded...

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the firm to greater heights and stay true to the firms vision.

Emperor Has No Clothes

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Wayne, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has an exciting marketing pitch, which is attractive to prospective clients, investors and employees, all of whom are overwhelmed by the insatiable pace of change created by everyone demanding ubiquitous mobile access. The CEO is equally spellbound, but is too consumed with his outside activities with local universities, charities, and sport celebrities, to know how to respond.

Cons

This is a small-minded suburban staff augmentation company, near the King of Prussia shopping mall, with most of its revenue coming from three clients, all of whom use the company for secondary tasks because their financial terms are so attractive, even while service quality and customer satisfaction is so abysmal. LiquidHub struggles for marginal profitability at the expense of its employees. Many employees stay because they are overpaid relative to the local market for their skills, yet receive no training, no career development, no performance feedback, no bonuses, little (if any) overtime, and no notice before being terminated if they should become unbillable for more than a couple of days. Many end up eating their business expenses because reimbursements are protracted if not ignored. All revenue growth has been through acquisitions, and profitability is achieved by shipping as much work as possible to its offshore factories in India, which is run by a big name blood-and-guts executive recruited by LiquidHub’s primary investor to be the heir apparent to the current CEO, who everyone can see is on his way out.

Advice to Management

No sense giving advice to Management. The CEO is incapable of listening. The CEO has certainly brought in lots of great executives with world class experience, but they all leave within a year, if it takes even that long to see that the CEO is smarter than anyone in the world, and values his own close network of college buddies, who all value his intellectual superiority over the world experience of others. Management would be well served to learn how to keep and use the talent it attracts, unless the professional investors figure it out first.

No corporate direction - bait and switch

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Wayne, PA

I worked at LiquidHub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free water and left-over food for breakfast. Nicely dressed executives. Carpeted floors. Hard to come up with "pros". There was one executive who looked out for me, but wasn't able to save me. Probably a good thing that I left.

Cons

Never felt valued and was cut from the bench. Consultants around me were placed, like they skipped over me on purpose. I made a high salary comparatively, and they charged companies 3x what I was bringing home. That is robbery, not consulting. No help with career direction. Put on assignments far away from home with no expense compensation. Brassington family are questionable in the ethics department. A lot of pressure to bill 40 hours a week. No promotions after 3 years of dedication. Went through 6 managers in that time and saw a lot of talent walk out the door. Think twice before signing on at this body shop that calls itself a "Practice" provider if you value the direction of your career. No progressive development of employee consultants.

Advice to Management

Communicate the truth. The company quarterly meetings boasted company growth, yet employees were not rewarded for providing that growth and paying your fat salaries. Don't smile down your nose at the people you need and call yourself practice service providers when you are not. Stop filling partner positions with people from the companies you acquire. Promote from within and get your operational infrastructure together before you drown. Oh, wait, that VC money will always be there...neve rmind then.

Good

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub

Pros

good pay for the area

Cons

No career improvement, Depends on the client

RSS Feed </> Embed