LiquidHub

Updated December 21, 2014
2.9

LiquidHub President Jonathan A Brassington
Jonathan A Brassington

Pros
  • In these many years the only thing that exists is Work-Life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Work culture at Hyderabad office is good (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This turned out to be untrue and has dissuaded me from working for a consulting company again (in 4 reviews)

• If you make a certain amount of money, you will have to become a manager while still being expected to bill 40/hours week (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Expanding IT Consulting firm with solid Leadership who understand Technology.

Current Employee - Associate in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Wayne, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Strong Technical Leadership who understand the solutions they are proposing.
    - Flexibility - Open to different approaches to come up with a solution
    - No micromanagement which leads to burnout

Cons

- Consulting requires openness & flexibility to help with the current needs of the organization - I think that a number of the negative reviews on this site come from people who did not understand the nature of consulting & were looking for a standard 9-5 job, 15 minutes from their house where they can spend the next 10 years.

Company confused

I worked at LiquidHub

Pros

Decent salary. Decent benefits. Some decent folks in non management roles.

Cons

Management is confused on direction. People fired or walk out on a daily basis. Hired guns brought in and consistently fail.

Invest in people and stick with one plan.

Not a Strategic Consulting Company

Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA

I worked at LiquidHub full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Regional(most assignments in the greater Philadelphia area), focused on project management and detailed technology infrastructure work. Most mid-level consultants are strong in their skills, most have sufficient dedication to their work, pay scales are usually appropriate.

Cons

Little or no strategic consulting engagements, most work is more focused on outsourcing than on consultant-client interaction. Little chance for advancement for most staff consultants. VERY few women in organization, with no women in positions of leadership and culture has repressed the few that were hired so they left within 2 years. Lack of sustained direction from senior management on company's focus over the past several years and sales people do not know how to sell the new areas the company tries so the company abandons the new areas too quickly.

If the management has decided to concentrate on becoming an outsourcing organization, be honest about this change of direction since there is a need for this service. Don't try to start new practice areas without real commitment to them for years since they won't reap sales benefits quickly.

Fast -Growing Mid-tier Solution Integrator

Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I worked at LiquidHub full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New leadership transforming direction; seen as an alternative to Tier-1 integrators; Industry focused with specialization in Digital

Cons

Lagging investment in HR infrastructure

Increase focus on Solutions vs. just selling digital capabilities

Sadly, most of these negative comments are true

Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA

I worked at LiquidHub full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is decent, some of us did get reimbursed for cell phones.
    Good IT support - I never had problems and got help right away.
    Very nice admin support staff - always helpful and courteous.

Cons

Can easily stall a career because you may get dumped into a role you do not fit in or want. Cant rely on account managers for anything. You are pretty much on your own.
    Raises and bonuses are slim to none. For some reason, we're told how great the company is doing, yet we never quite make our margins, so...sorry, no money for you.
    There's a problem when your manager is there one day and gone then next and after 2 years you reported to 5 different people. Oh, but they'll be doing your annual review!! So don't expect a pay increase or bonus.
    Expected to bill 40+hours at client site, manage numerous direct reports, attend all the dept. & corp meetings (regardless of distance) and still told to work on internal projects that never get supported or implemented. Huge waste of time for zero reward!!
    HR is a joke - don't expect them to know anything!
    No solid processes, little current or complete documentation, everyone just does their own thing.
    Everything on the Hub seems to be stuck in Draft mode.

You're losing the people that make the company great. If you weren't so focused on buying up companies and giving them the senior management positions, you'd see just how bad Liquid Hub's reputation has become.

Great Culture and Excitign Environment

Current Employee - Director in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Wayne, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Ability to carve out your own career path
    - Great earning potential
    - Exectuives are very accessible including the CEO
    - Financial support for continuing education/certifications

Cons

Monthly pay cycle should be changed to bi-weekly

My overall experience with LiquidHub has been tremendous of the last five years and I have grown personally and professionally as a result of the mentorship I have recieved from numerous executives. My only advice I would give would be not to forget the great culture and environment you have created and to do your best to continue the "out of work" social gatherings to show your appreciation for the hard work of your employees. Additionally I would make sure as we grow geographically to instill the same culture in our new offices and communities.

Thriving work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unique work culture, focused on exceling in a challenging industry. Impressed by seeing the senior management's vision for the company come to life. During my time here, LiquidHub has allowed me to advance both professionally and personally.

Cons

Started off as a junior- level resource in the company, since then they have provided me with the tools to excel, but have not given me additional responsibilities. I would like to transition into a more challenging role.

No growth for employees

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Malvern, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance. Liquidhub usually place you at one of their clients and then you are on your own and your relationship with liquidhub is mostly with submitting time sheets only.

Cons

Appraisals are never done on time. Salary change depends on billing targets only, doesn't matter how well you perform. Billing targets are based on total working days, so using vacation days will make you not meeting billing targets and no salary raise. No 401 K match. Very expensive medical plan. Liquidhub will not actively look for new opportunities for you if you need a change.

Stop disclosing the company growth rate to employees if you are not willing to share any of it with the employees. It is not nice too see great company growth chart when employees have no growth.

Not enjoyable to work for

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Wayne, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent. Benefit quality is good, with a few health plans to chose from. Large enough with enough contacts that they should be able to place any qualified developer.

Cons

Annual raises are low, if at all. Money taken out of your pay for health insurance is very high. No 401k matching at all. Management structure is lousy. Your "manager" knows nothing about you since you don't work directly with them. Yet, they have to review you annually. Their annual review is based on "What did you do to increase business for LiquidHub?" Instead of "How happy did you make the client?" HR is often unresponsive with inquiries, or take very long to get back to you.

Stop telling us how much more profit the company is generating each year if you aren't going to pass some of that onto the very people who are generating it for you! Management structure is whack. Your manager should be someone that works at the same client as you, if possible, but if not, be someone that is close by so they can check in on you often - in person.

Typical consulting

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Wayne, PA

I have been working at LiquidHub full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Starting salary is good as they will pay you well if they want you. However, other companies may not be willing to pay the same when you want to leave.
    The benefits are good, but a bit on the high end of pricing which is not usual with companies.
    Starting PTO is 3 weeks.

Cons

There are no career opportunities as LH is all about placing you at a client either as staff augmentation or on a project. Titles are meaningless.
    There is little to no contact with your LH manager who may be in another state with a different client. They have no idea of what you are doing yet they will review you.
    Expectation of billing 40+ hours plus working on internal projects (which may never be used) on your personal time. If you do not work on internal projects, you will be reviewed lower.

Have the manager be someone at the same client or at another client close by so people can meet often to discuss work and challenges.
    Have reviews based on client feedback primarily. Maybe some input from the LH manager, if at the client site. Not contributing to an internal project should have no impact on review.